Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

Hey myjourney! That silver spade sure looks spiffy!
Message 61 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Hey myjourney! That silver spade sure looks spiffy!

Thanks i was so so happy to finally pick it up today!

I feel proud I made the first part now on to part 2

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 62 of 2,152
Blurbz
Contributor

I'm jumping in here. I'm a little worried that I'm AMEX heavy and I don't like my CU card because the rewards are terrible, but I don't think I want another HP and new TL reporting right now.  Oh well...Garden it is, I suppose!

Message 63 of 2,152
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

My question is ok FICOs only take in part 6 month or less INQs so does that mean after 6 months try or dont just a crazy question because i know INQ fall off 2 years from the date they are done...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 64 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

My question is ok FICOs only take in part 6 month or less INQs so does that mean after 6 months try or dont just a crazy question because i know INQ fall off 2 years from the date they are done...

INQ's affect your score the most for the 1st year If I remember your case you applied for card twice denied ? IMO I would garden 7-9 months and then apply after your scores rebound from all the hits/INQ's

EDIT Chase likes to see around a yr of history for approvals

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 65 of 2,152
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Welcome to April fellow gardeners Smiley Happy

Happy to say I made it through March along with many others.  Also nice to know I'm only about a month from a gold spade.  I have to admit though, I know better than to app for now and expect anything other than a denial or "toy CL" with my util being too high.  The 0% offers are awesome, but they don't last forever, so that issue will soon drop in stages. 

Worst part is seeing really good bonus offers and pretty much ignoring them out of habit Smiley LOL  And that habit developed rather quickly after I got the NFL World MC.  The main card I think I would like next is the Costco TE AMEX  (for when they build one fairly close lol).

Nice thing about this month for me, is that I should see a few INQs drop off when they hit the 2 year mark.   I'm curious though if anyone might know, does SW send you an alert if and when that happens?  I haven't subscribed to it long enough to find out.

I also realize, after reading through the thread, I don't think I've seen a Diamond siggy yet.  I hope that isn't a sign that if you frequent the forum, your chances of getting one lower because  you read about all the offers and successes.  Smiley Frustrated

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 66 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Welcome to April fellow gardeners Smiley Happy

Happy to say I made it through March along with many others.  Also nice to know I'm only about a month from a gold spade.  I have to admit though, I know better than to app for now and expect anything other than a denial or "toy CL" with my util being too high.  The 0% offers are awesome, but they don't last forever, so that issue will soon drop in stages. 

Worst part is seeing really good bonus offers and pretty much ignoring them out of habit Smiley LOL  And that habit developed rather quickly after I got the NFL World MC.  The main card I think I would like next is the Costco TE AMEX  (for when they build one fairly close lol).

Nice thing about this month for me, is that I should see a few INQs drop off when they hit the 2 year mark.   I'm curious though if anyone might know, does SW send you an alert if and when that happens?  I haven't subscribed to it long enough to find out.

I also realize, after reading through the thread, I don't think I've seen a Diamond siggy yet.  I hope that isn't a sign that if you frequent the forum, your chances of getting one lower because  you read about all the offers and successes.  Smiley Frustrated

Welcome back we made it

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 67 of 2,152
Smug
Established Contributor

In the garden since last year,staying till aug 2014....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 68 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Smug wrote:
In the garden since last year,staying till aug 2014....

Congrats you should update your sig for that fine gold spade you have earned that's a very nice accomplishment indeedSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 69 of 2,152
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Haven't been around much, work is incredibly busy right now and I'm stuck in the middle of everything seemingly in my little universe.  It's not so much relaxing, but definitely getting into the scotch here Cat Tongue

EQ FICO dropped from 660 at the end of Feb to 646, not quite certain what triggered that but time to go update the siggy again.  I had thought all my accounts had reported by February, so it's possible I let too mahy accounts report a balance or there was some strange and improbable bucketing event.  Most likely I just did something stupid /shrug.  

In happier news I did get my Amex CLI; and closing in on my silver spade on 4/15. In less happy news my Freedom was a victim of fraud heh, was so looking forward to using that card for my restaurant spend in April but guess that has to wait for a bit... BOFA > Chase though with regards to fraud detection, but in fairness BOFA has had a lot more time to look at my spending habits and Chase doesn't have that benefit.  $700+ at Lowes / Home Depot 25 miles away, seriously I live in an apartment and have a Lowes within walking distance and a HD not much further.

Anyway party on folks, and thank you as always for the mini-quiches Tinu, they never fail to make me smile.

        
Message 70 of 2,152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.