Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - April 2013

@new_earth wrote:

no apps since......Saturday? Difficult 3 days LOL. I think I've gotten all the CC's I can be approved for right now. Excited to use my new Macy's card this weekend for clothes I actually NEED (just lost almost 50 lbs.) and pay it off and see it report along with my older CC which should only report at 5% the next month.

I got caught in a security freeze with my Comenity cards....apparently some times when you get several in a short time from them, they will freeze your accounts until you call and verify some personal information. Well I got one of the questions wrong because they asked me about my aunt (through marriage) and used her last name from her FORMER marriage which was not to my uncle. So when I heard her name said like that I didn't know who they were talking about and said I have no clue who she is! Realized after I hung up the phone who they must have been talking about. Grr! So they said I have to send by mail a copy of my DL, SS card & a utility bill and they will activate my cards. I have received the cards minus VS so far but can't use them until they process my proof of identity which should be in the next week or so.

Enjoy using your new card this weekend, and congrats on the weight loss and new wardrobe. Great job all around. Smiley Happy

As for the identity issues, I'm sure that it will get worked out soon and you'll have those cards in hand as well.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1021 of 2,152
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

I finally received one of my new seedlings - Disco It 5.5k - today. The box was so nice...until I found out my interest rate after the 6m 0% apr is 18.99%! Sheesh. Can a girl get a break here? Anyhoo, I got it mainly for the 18m 0% for BTs so I guess I can worry about growing it after that's taken care of. 18.99%! 

I've been thinking a lot about how nice it would be to pay down my debt...so that I can get stuff that I really want - mainly a piano. But that seems so far away right now. I know I should feel good about where I am, things could be a lot worse but it can get little tough somtimes. 

*feeling sorry for myself over* Smiley Very Happy Hope everyone had a great day!

Sounds like you have a  plan to me to payoff everything and get that piano. Time is your ally

Thanks! It's so true, isn't it? 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1022 of 2,152
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel Thanks! I know that being patient and being disciplined about paying off debt will ultimately get me what I want. Smiley Happy

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 1023 of 2,152
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Along with my card in the mail, I saw that Discover It pulled EQ on 4/11/13 at 724 and on 4/13/13, my EQ was reading 720. I can't wait to see the dings from the four other seedlings that are on the way. *insert sarcasm* Good thing I don't want to leave the garden for a while! 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 1024 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

Sometimes I'm amazed when I stop and think about it 

106 days app free and counting

I have a plan in place and the support of this community to thank for keeping me focused !!!!!!!!!

Tough at times with all the approval threads not to pull the trigger but then I remember why I set a plan

Higher credit limits, better rewards and the cards that are catered to my needs.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1025 of 2,152
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@myjourney congrats on being able to stick to your plan. 106 days with all of the temptation from being on the forums is really something to be proud of. It's going to feel great when you reach your goals! 👍👏

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 1026 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@parakleet wrote:
@myjourney congrats on being able to stick to your plan. 106 days with all of the temptation from being on the forums is really something to be proud of. It's going to feel great when you reach your goals! 👍👏

Thank you i'm trying so hard to make it to my goal of June/July before my next app spree

Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1027 of 2,152
upwithfico
Established Member

Hello. I am new to the Garden Club and glad I finally found this post. I've been wondering where to get the seedling or spade images!

Now that I have 2 revolving CCs (still waiting for the actual cards in the mail), I don't plan on applying for anything else until January 2014. My plan is to let everything settle and grow. Much of the BADDIES are coming off this year and next, and my rehab is up in Oct, so by January 2014 I should be in a really good place, and then even better in June 2014.

So that's it. Those are my goals. If my car dies, I'll have to get a new one but here's to hoping it can stick it out just one more year for me!!

Cheers.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening...

Message 1028 of 2,152
myjourney
Super Contributor

@upwithfico wrote:

Hello. I am new to the Garden Club and glad I finally found this post. I've been wondering where to get the seedling or spade images!

Now that I have 2 revolving CCs (still waiting for the actual cards in the mail), I don't plan on applying for anything else until January 2014. My plan is to let everything settle and grow. Much of the BADDIES are coming off this year and next, and my rehab is up in Oct, so by January 2014 I should be in a really good place, and then even better in June 2014.

So that's it. Those are my goals. If my car dies, I'll have to get a new one but here's to hoping it can stick it out just one more year for me!!

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum and the garden were glad you found us because you have a great plan

This is the place with time spent of course, that dreams do come true.

Those seedlings you've planted look great and before you know it you'll be picking up a nice new bronze spade.

Please feel free to share anything you may wish and join us for snacks, beverages and our weekly party Smiley Wink

Cheers to you

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 1029 of 2,152
upwithfico
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum and the garden were glad you found us because you have a great plan

This is the place with time spent of course, that dreams do come true.

Those seedlings you've planted look great and before you know it you'll be picking up a nice new bronze spade.

Please feel free to share anything you may wish and join us for snacks, beverages and our weekly party Smiley Wink

Cheers to you 

Thank you. So pleased with the way these forums are run. Glad to be here and to contribute.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening...

Message 1030 of 2,152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.