Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

I am new to the garden. I have applied in spurts. My goal is to stay in garden through the end of 2012.  I may move goal to one year but want to take baby steps. I need small victories.  

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 221 of 324
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Sladyesq wrote:

... I need small victories.  

...boy, do I understand THAT!

Here I sit, in my convoluted garden, waiting for Spring which seems an awfully long time away...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 222 of 324
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

My last two apps were in May. I've been good and been in the garden since and haven't had any desires. RIght now I want to app for Citi AA card but theres a chance I may be going for a mortgage before January 1 so I need to be good and not app. Just have to wait an hour or two and it should pass. Need to be good since I have something to wait for.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 223 of 324
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Still in the garden. 9 days until I get my bronze spade.

Last app was july 30, applied for mortgage refi
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 224 of 324
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

I've got six days till my bronze spade which also happens to be the day I start my new semester in college.

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 225 of 324
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Smerri, I wanted the CITI AA card for so long - AA was the airline to fly when my son was in Texas.  Unfortunately once I got the card and did my little happy dance, I didn't run enough $$ through it right away to get the sign-up bonus miles, then my son got transferred to PA, making AA the most expensive airline to get from here to there...    Now I'm gardening and planning which miles card to try next.  

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 226 of 324
Radio_Radiation
Established Member

Well I've reached the one month mark in the garden!! I want to add my bronze spade but can't figure out who. Can any one help?

Fako Ex: 743, Fako Eq: 734 Fako TU: 748
I'm BACK in the Garden (App free since 01/02/2013)

Message 227 of 324
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Radio_Radiation wrote:

Well I've reached the one month mark in the garden!! I want to add my bronze spade but can't figure out who. Can any one help?

You copy the bronze spade html listed on page 1 of this thread.  Then you go to "My Settings" and find your signature block.  Paste the html line you copied in front of any other text or html that you currently have in there.  Save.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 228 of 324
mrcrush20
New Contributor

No spade for me yet I am on day 5!!

I am excited with my recent zync app and can't wait to get the card! My plans are for the next 6 months, get usage on the amex card to remove the 500 cap. In the same time period to raise my walmart and Amazon GE accounts by 800 so I can happily close my credit one. With no hard apps in this 6 months... February 16th is the day I plan to apply for a chase card a Slate or Freedom I can't make up my mind yet. What I have decided is at that date to have my credit one closed and my cap ones paid off as they will be out of the 0% window.  Over the next 6 months I am hoping for a 50-60 point jump, I think I can do it by paying off my open collection (200 for a PFD) 6 months of on time payments and lowering my utly... I JUST NEED to stay focused ... Now with amex I don't think that will be a problem ...I don't want to do anything to wake up the Ban hammer.

I was thinking about posting once a week in this topic but I had the idea for a blog.. I wonder if their is a credit recovery blog out in the WWW

anyhow THANK you to all the members of myfico for the help, I can't wait to start giving back. 

Message 229 of 324
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Whee, back in the garden after successfully re-financing my auto loan, and USAA's getting cold feet on their credit card pre-approval (disappeared from site today).

So back to the old plan of waiting till mid-December for my wishful thinking Amex application, and then it's straight onto mortgage qualification starting six months after that if all goes well.

        
Message 230 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.