Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

@android01 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

This month I got to play with tweaking util on my EQ FICO score. At the beginning of the month, I had a 723, with $16 reporting on my Cap1 Visa card and no other  balances on any of my revolving credit. I did have my statement balance on my Amex Green, but that's not scored as revolving. So, I paid off the $16 and after Cap1 updated, I had $0 util on my revolving credit. As a result, I lost 3 points and went down to 720. So, I had occassion to make a small purchase -- $10.60 -- at JC Penney's, and I went ahead and let the balance report; I then turned around and paid it the day after the statement cut. The result -- my score jumped right back up to 723. I've learned that, for my report, the difference between 0% util and 1% util comes to 3 points. I guess I've become the quintessential FICO geek, since I've been following this with keen interest these last two weeks, LOL!!!

As for actual gardening, I'm STILL waiting for the last CO to fall off of TU and EX -- EQ is all clear of COs/CAs. As I've stated previously, allowing my accounts to sit and age until I'm CO/CA free is my current gardening goal. Well, today I got an offer in the mail from Discover -- and it's phrased specifically as a pre-approval as opposed to an invitation to apply. The offer includes 0% for 15 months. A Discover is on my wish list, so I'm sitting here champing at the bit. But, I don't know which CRA they'd pull, so I'd rather hold onto the offer and wait until my goal has been accomplished -- I'm so close. The offer is good through Sept 30, so I'm just going to keep hanging in there.

WAIT until those baddies fall off.  you are so close!  There is no sense in applying for Discover since you are almost there.  Besides, if you were "pre approved", you'll still be "pre-approved" whenever you apply regardless what the mailer says.  WAIT until your dreogs drop off.  BTW, it's always a TU pull for Discover here in MN.  

Absolutely! Thanks for the encouraging words, but don't worry... I'm staying strong and waiting, for all of the reasons you outlined. Almost there!  Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 211 of 324
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

Absolutely! Thanks for the encouraging words, but don't worry... I'm staying strong and waiting, for all of the reasons you outlined. Almost there!  Smiley Happy

I so wish I could be like you sometimes Tinu Smiley Wink  I thought I was pretty strong compared to many on these forums in terms of discipline but...

Today I finally submitted my auto loan refinace application with a CU; then saw in my USAA interface I had a pre-approval for a CC (expiring 9/30 too), and then mind is now wandering down to taking a Hail Mary shot at a Zync right now rather than waiting till December.  So bored at work right now watching the various football feeds, apparently have too much time on my hands today and need to sit on them instead of typing!  

        
Message 212 of 324
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

I so wish I could be like you sometimes Tinu Smiley Wink  I thought I was pretty strong compared to many on these forums in terms of discipline but...

Today I finally submitted my auto loan refinace application with a CU; then saw in my USAA interface I had a pre-approval for a CC (expiring 9/30 too), and then mind is now wandering down to taking a Hail Mary shot at a Zync right now rather than waiting till December.  So bored at work right now watching the various football feeds, apparently have too much time on my hands today and need to sit on them instead of typing!  

in the same boat. this time is the worst. 

im not at work. but have "free time" 

im almost sure even with the drop on ck ill still get a zync right now with 3inq on ex tu has 2 and eq has 4 but i just wish they would all be gone tommorrow =/ but thats more then wishful thinking. 

keeping planted for now. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 213 of 324
SoCalBound
Contributor

Be strong and just think about how much stronger and higher and better your credit report will look with a bit of age and tending

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 214 of 324
compassion101
Established Contributor

I'm in the garden for a bit, probably at least several months maybe more. Got new discovermore barclays walmartdiscover all last month plus PCed to chase freedom. No plans to apply for credit cards in the future though could possibly need new car in the near future. Have raised my FICOs over 100 points to low/mid 700s (with 8yo BK still reporting) since becoming actively involved in raising my score (mostly through good advice here). Have also raised my credit limits 11.1k to 22.3k. Have reduced my CC balance  (working on paying it off) interest from 17.99% to 0% and have raised my monthly cash rewards from $0 to about $30. Time to rest and watch grow. Thanks all for having me.

Message 215 of 324
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still kicking back andtending to my seedlings!

Went out and treated myself to a nice pair of $175 Ray Bans, looks just like the ones Al Pacino was wearing in Scarface.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 216 of 324
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Say hello to my little friend....

I'm still here, just awfully busy.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 217 of 324
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

Say hello to my little friend....

I'm still here, just awfully busy.

I've been busy myself lately. Still here, still waiting...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 218 of 324
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

just curious, aaoa? does it go by open date? or open month? 

for example

apped July 8 counts as open since 7/12 or 7/8/12

just trying to figure this out. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 219 of 324
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@OlegWasHere wrote:

just curious, aaoa? does it go by open date? or open month? 

for example

apped July 8 counts as open since 7/12 or 7/8/12

just trying to figure this out. 

Month AFAIK.

        
Message 220 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.