Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2012

after 4 months in the garden a record for me for the last couple years. I app'd for first omaha discover aprv'd 6k, and a Sam Club store card 800, hoping to get the disciver card. Oh well lesson learned and another GE card is good CLI's. just 27 more days to get my bronse spade. 

Firmly in the garden for a good 6 months want to get a citi card then I will have all major cards prime Visa, MC, AMEX, DISC.  I was 4 months ago too many INQ's and new cards... 

Garden (aka or my back 40 acres)

Amazon Store  2200  CLI last month

AMEX Blue 6k, 

AMEX Zync NPSL

CapOne Plat  2k 

CapOne Rewards 750

Chase Freedom  3k

First Omaha Disc 6k

HomeDepot Citi 4k

Target Red  200

Walmart  1700   CLI last month

WFNNB  store card 1  500

WFNNB store card 2   680

WFNNB store card 3  750

WFNNB store card 4   580

AU on 2 of my Wife's cards. 

and I closed 2 cards a couple months ago because of AF's

BestBuy rewards

Sears MC 

No lates, CO's on any credit cards last bad was 3+ years ago and UTL about 19%

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 51 of 324
cschick_old
Established Member

I've been back in the garden for a little over a week. I've got a little window box here with a

Target RedCard(100/500)

AMEX BCE (200/2500)

Discover More (350/1750)

I'm still waiting for my 2 new lines to show up on my credit reports and the hard inquires to shake out. I don't intend to leave the garden until I 1)Buy a house or 2) do some international travel(for something with EMV and no FTF). However, there maybe some needed inquiries to get utilities set up on my apartment when I move in a few months.

I'm about to start a new job so I will hit discover's LUV button after I start. My little app spree last week seems to have triggered other card issuers to try to stuff my mail box.

I've brought some brownies to share for any other chocoholics in the crowd.

FICO: Ex 782(AMEX)
Cards: Amex BCE(2500), Discover(2500), Target (500)
App'd Amex & Target Jul 2012, Gardening til 2013 or beyond
Goals: Visa or MC Rewards Card after first home (2014-2015)
Message 52 of 324
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Congrats, tinu!  (I know it was a few pages back, but this board filled up quick!)  I'm back for another month...Last app was in March.  The car loan and the mortgage turn one year old this month!  I think I might check my scores soon to see what's happened to them lately.  I'm kind of afraid to, since I've still got high balances on all the cards. 

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 53 of 324
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

Just joining the garden! I did my first app spree ever last month. In fact its the first time I've apped for anything besides student loans, but I have 2-5 HPs depending on the credit bureau. So, I think it's time to garden for at least six months!

In the garden since 7/27/12 after getting two credit rebuilding cards.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: TU-617 Equifax-606 Experian Plus 569
Goal Score: 650 by 1/1/13
Message 54 of 324
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@tooyoungforbadcredit wrote:

Just joining the garden! I did my first app spree ever last month. In fact its the first time I've apped for anything besides student loans, but I have 2-5 HPs depending on the credit bureau. So, I think it's time to garden for at least six months!

2-5 INQs are not "bad", but looking at your FICO scores in your siggy, are. 

What cards do you have?  Gardening at least 6 months will certainly start getting you in the right direction a lot quicker than most, because you do not have any negative information (That's GREAT!) on your CRs.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 55 of 324
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ray is like the Chuck Norris of credit apps. He tells FICO what he wants his score to be; not the opposite.

He has baller status in the FICO ranks

Let's do it! KILL all cards with $9,999.99 or less CL. You in??? We talked about this in another thread...  Smiley Happy

Oh Boy, if we go in with the 9999.99 rule, then I lose

Wally

Nordstrom

ON

Target

Cap One

USAA Plat classic

BBRZMC

If we maintain the the $5K rule, I lose all the above except Wally since its at $6K\

You recently fired some of your cards right?

Message 56 of 324
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

Well my scores are bad because I've had 2 late payments in the last two years on student loans, and when I lost a job I couldn't afford some of bills. So I have two medical collections, a cell phone collection, and as stupid as this sounds a library collection. I moved in an absolute hurry to beat the potentional of any eviction preceedings starting. They never did, but I didn't even take back my books to the library. I just moved out of town with family as quickly as I could. For the most part it paid off. I have a first premier which I know everyone hates, but I'm never going to use it unless I have the money for the purchase already. Then I just pay it off when purchase hits my account. I have cap 1 secured which I'm still waiting to come in the mail. I got a 200 limit with a deposit of 49, and I'm still waiting on the decision for a walmart store card. 

Message 57 of 324
tooyoungforbadcredit
Valued Member

Well, in all honesty the cell phone had more to do with everytime I paid them my payment magically vanished! They shut down my phone saying I didn't pay them which I did. Charged me cancellation fees. I started going to their store to make payments on it. (We had a payment plan.) However, everytime I made my payment my balance was exactly the same. I called them about it, and they claimed that they recieved my payment, but that balance was accurate. (It wasn't.) I was paying them with money I had left from a previous job. I found a new job, but I needed the payment for the cell phone for gas money. (You know, so I could continue to pay them!) I called them, but they refused to work with me. They tried lieing to me about this and that, and they were very rude. Plus like I said my balance magically always stayed the same, so when they said they would put it in collections I told them go ahead, but I'm not giving you anymore money. I was 18, and perhaps a little to hot headed. The collections agency wanted the payment in full, and I couldn't afford that. I got really sick, and that's when I had to leave my job and move back home. The other collections are from the period of when I became ill.

Message 58 of 324
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ray is like the Chuck Norris of credit apps. He tells FICO what he wants his score to be; not the opposite.

He has baller status in the FICO ranks

Let's do it! KILL all cards with $9,999.99 or less CL. You in??? We talked about this in another thread...  Smiley Happy

Oh Boy, if we go in with the 9999.99 rule, then I lose

Wally

Nordstrom

ON

Target

Cap One

USAA Plat classic

BBRZMC

If we maintain the the $5K rule, I lose all the above except Wally since its at $6K\

You recently fired some of your cards right?

These:

1. Discover $2k - Reopened as an IT with $5k limit

2. Chase Freedom $5k

3. Barclay iTunes Visa $3k

4. Citi Thankyou $4800 

5. Macy's $800

6. JCP $2400

7. TJX Rewards $3000

8. PayPal Smart Connect $3500

9. Goodyear $2000

I still have the Target Visa which sits at $4k CL and I do not want to give that up since you cannot get them any longer!

So - we can stay put...  Smiley Happy One day we can do this...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 59 of 324
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

A new month is a new start. Going to garden for a while. After all reports with my new cards and payments, 7 cards 56payments all on time
1000/7100 used. I asked my mom how old is her oldest card and she didn't knowSmiley Sad. When I get back I will introduce her to this site of greatness.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 60 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.