Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - August 2013

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - August 2013

Checking in, back to a measly seedling... got an email for buy now pay later and it was a hard pull didnt know til it was too late (denied). Ugh oh well. Would like to app for the BOA secured because I know I can graduate and possibly get a credit increase in a year but I think I will hold off at least for 4 to 6 months then app. If I am going to get that HP I want to make sure I get approved for it. Scores are still in the high 5's cant seem to get anywhere into the 6's I guess its my student loans all current but I need to pay them down. First payment is due this month. Anyone have tips to raise my score at least to something respectable like 620? Been stuck here forever

Thanks!

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 171 of 5,437
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

Checking in, back to a measly seedling... got an email for buy now pay later and it was a hard pull didnt know til it was too late (denied). Ugh oh well. Would like to app for the BOA secured because I know I can graduate and possibly get a credit increase in a year but I think I will hold off at least for 4 to 6 months then app. If I am going to get that HP I want to make sure I get approved for it. Scores are still in the high 5's cant seem to get anywhere into the 6's I guess its my student loans all current but I need to pay them down. First payment is due this month. Anyone have tips to raise my score at least to something respectable like 620? Been stuck here forever

Thanks!

What else do you have on your CR other than student loans?  Inqs?  AAoA?  Baddies?

Message 172 of 5,437
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Thanks!

What else do you have on your CR other than student loans?  Inqs?  AAoA?  Baddies?

Baddies= 4(EQ) 1(TU) 1(EX) late car payments all current but when I pay it has already hit the report as late 

Inq 

TU=29 (1 from 2011 and the rest from 2012 and 2013)

EX=17 (2012 and 2013)

EQ=16 (2012) and (2013)

Tax lien paid falling off next year

AAOA= 2.5 year I believe oldest account is 8 years

UTL 7%
Message 173 of 5,437
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure the late payments and Inqs are killing your score.  30 & 60 day lates don't matter as much after couple of years, and by then your Inqs will have aged and fell off.  Unfortunately time is what you need, but I guess you knew that because you're in the Garden Club!  Don't apply for anything for 6 months to a year and your scores will improve.

Message 174 of 5,437
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

I'm sure the late payments and Inqs are killing your score.  30 & 60 day lates don't matter as much after couple of years, and by then your Inqs will have aged and fell off.  Unfortunately time is what you need, but I guess you knew that because you're in the Garden Club!  Don't apply for anything for 6 months to a year and your scores will improve.

Yeah, I feel so as well. The scores remained the same even after the lates. Its almost as if they dont want to go up lol. So thats all it would take is not applying for anythng? I guess and obviously paying down as much as I can on everything i can. 

Thanks!

UTL 7%
Message 175 of 5,437
Bluebonnet
New Contributor

Checking in - I'm still here!

Last app: 10/4/14
In the garden until Winter of 2016
Message 176 of 5,437
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Wow, its 10am MT and we are 17 pages in!

I'm still here... no plans to abandon my garden.  Hopefully my upcoming medical bills won't change that....

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 177 of 5,437
SmiDils
Established Member

Checking in for August, Just finished watering my seeds. 8 months to go.

Starting total revolving credit: $300 (5/2011) Current total revolving credit: $61,600
4 Collections, 1 Repo, 1 Eviction INQUIRIES: Equifax 22, Transunion 5, Experian 15
Wal-Mart Fico 650 1/10/14
In the Garden - Score Goal 760 across
Message 178 of 5,437
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Hi everyone! I've actually made it up to day # 29!!

I never could make the seedling appear in my sig, (only got that little red x), but maybe tomorrow I can get that bronze spade to work!

Highlights for this month will be the attempted 3x CLI for Amex in 11 days!

Happy Gardening!  Smiley Very Happy

edit: Oh wait! Is it 30 days, or a full calendar month? I may have to wait until Saturday....Smiley Sad

Message 179 of 5,437
astralentity
Established Member

OH SNAP!

I just was informed that my mortgage is going to pull again when I close!  Will this still count as one inquiry if I'm within 45 days?  Will it reset the clock for my gardening?

I also doubt my increase in trade lines will doom my closing...  I should still keep the balances low or nil until it closes right?

BOfA: $3000; Chase Freedom: $1500; Discover it: $1400
Message 180 of 5,437
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.