Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

I'm just starting to garden again. Smiley Happy

Added 2 cards to the wallet in the end of November - Amex Green (YAY AMEX FAMILY) and Best Buy store card. Got a CLI on Freedom, cost me a HP. Apped for a Discover more aswell but was denied so I added 4 inqs to the report this month but was approved for 3 of the 4 so not a bad month. Still so happy to have joined into the Amex family can't wait til the card gets here.

Wallet:

Chase Freedom: $1000CL - up from $500 - $750 util. Going to pay it off over the next 2 months. Holidays and stuff, ya'know.

Amex Green: NPSL - $0 util. Don't even have the card yet Smiley Sad

Walmart: $900 - $30 util. Going to PIF lol, just keeping it active - sock drawer it unless I am going to get something or take advantage of financing offers.

Best Buy: $1500 - $90 util. Macbook charger died - had to go get another, apped for this incase I had to replace my Macbook but it was just the charger. Going to PIF. Sock drawered unless going to get something or take advantage of financing offers.

Capital One: $750 - $0 util. Been stuck at $750 for 3 years now and I am beyond over Cap One, I called the EO and they gave me the same BS 'we are reviewing our policies for the future' so I am done with this company. I'll use this card for a sweet tea from MCD like once a month just to keep it active since I have no AF just keep it open since it's my oldest TL and don't want to affect my AoAA.

Right now I'm going to just garden for at minimum 6mos. I want to get my report as clear of inqs as possible. A lot are going to fall off this year and next so that's the main reason for entering garden. I want to get a Discover IT and after a while with AMEX I want a BCP. Then I want to pursue a car loan and then garden for atleast a year then after to prepare to buy a house. Main thing currently is I know I'm going to take a hit for the 2 new TLs and increased util from 10% to 20%~ish if my math is correct. Just gonna pay em on down and run a bit of heavy use on AMEX but always PIF of course to establish spending power and so on. That's about it for now.

Message 41 of 297
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

it's been 3 months since I last apped, which means I'm 1/4 through my goal.

My scores did get in the 700 range, but unfortunately are presently close to where my sig states because my first car loan finally reported. Neverless, I'm glad to see after 6 months I should easily be able to get the mortgage rate I'm looking for on a new home.

My next goal is wait until this car is 6 months old, and app for a mortgage, and than get an all purpose credit card like an amex or visa sig.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 42 of 297
Kidcat
Established Contributor

I'm settled in with my bronze spade.  I think I have the hang of gardening and look forward to my silver spade in January.  I will be checking in and reading post for support and inspiration. 

i love this thread. 

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 43 of 297
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Just stopping by to show off my brand new silver spade!

Going for the gold!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 44 of 297
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Time to garden for me. I keep getting approved for toy limits which is a great feeling, but now it is time to focus and get serious!!

I look forward to watching my score grow and paying off the damage from my Christmas shopping spree!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 45 of 297
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Oh my...can't believe I am still here:-) It is day 227 since my last app. Dec started off well. I received an EQ scorewatch alert today that I received a 4 point increase in my score. I am sure it was a combination of the fact that my Amex account turned 1 year old, and inquiry dropped off completely and I officially reach the 5 year point for my AAOA. The latter probably made the most difference. Other than that, nothing to really report other than I am still here with my gloves on and firmly in the garden. We will see what the next few months hold and whether I will step out of here for something. You never know. Happy gardening to all!
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 46 of 297
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

After breaking my streak from Aug to Nov with a Paypal MC approval, I'm in for 6 months at LEAST.  I'll try.  I'll really really try.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 47 of 297
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I'm still in the garden as well. WIll get my Silver spade 12/19. No planned apps until after 1st of the year (maybe February), but who knows? Good luck to all, and happy gardening!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 48 of 297
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations to all those who have either planted their new seedlings, or who have earned/upgraded their spades! Keep up the good work as you continue to strive towards your gardening goals! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 49 of 297
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:
Oh my...can't believe I am still here:-) It is day 227 since my last app. Dec started off well. I received an EQ scorewatch alert today that I received a 4 point increase in my score. I am sure it was a combination of the fact that my Amex account turned 1 year old, and inquiry dropped off completely and I officially reach the 5 year point for my AAOA. The latter probably made the most difference. Other than that, nothing to really report other than I am still here with my gloves on and firmly in the garden. We will see what the next few months hold and whether I will step out of here for something. You never know. Happy gardening to all!

Gold spade looks very nice, and you're over half way to platinum.  Scores are looking really good, too - awesome work, I say. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 50 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.