FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting -December 2013

I'm in for December.

Message 11 of 4,613
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I was gold until late last month. Now I'm a seedling again. Smiley Sad But it's been a big year. Have achieved too many credit goals to mention: new tradelines, big CLIs, a better selection of cards, scores above 760 and more. Now it's time to plant myself and my cards in the garden.

Goal for next year: get my score in the 780-790 range just by gardening and keeping util low. (Maybe even get the score touching 800, but the thought of that scares me!)

Thanks, Lexie! Thanks all. MyFico is a big help, but also a place of big temptations.

Message 12 of 4,613
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
I'm here too

I had both games recorded to my DVR! I feel asleep and the recording quit before the end of the Vikings Bears game overtime! Smiley Embarassed

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 4,613
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

After applying for an AMEX CC and getting approved I have reset my time in the garden. So I'm still in the "seedling," stage but I do have to say I am quite happy with my line up of cards right now. And before the year ends I'll have a bronze spade!

For the next year, I plan on maximizing my rewards and hopefully get at least one or two free flights with points/cash back earned since I do plan on traveling at least 2 or 3 times, possibly more. Also, I plan on improving and maintaining good credit so I can get a car loan at a great rate in 2015. If everything goes right 2014 will be a great year credit wise.

Happy gardening to all!

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 14 of 4,613
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ah so many things around the start of the new year credit wise for me!

2013 was a year of getting righteous with the IRS and qualifying for a mortgage: I did manage to get the elephant resolved but still working through a couple of smaller issues which'll be finished out in December, so that's on track; however, the mortgage went nowhere this year.

Was hoping to get to 680 on my EQ '04 score from a mortgage underwriting perspective, that didn't happen as I seem to be stuck at 670; however, on the plus side Dec/Jan/Feb is celebration for my gardening as:

- My derogatories turn 3 years old (Dec)

- My initial positive tradelines turn two years old (12/29/13)

- My two year forum anniversary!  (12/30/13)

- My most recent inquiries all turn one year old (1/13/14)

- My AAoA turns 2 in February.

Plan is still the same as it is every gardening update for me: try to take over the world! Oops, get mortgage qualified that is!  Probably in the Jun-Oct timeframe, after that will be some random couple of cards or two, may start working business credit actually.

Debating pulling my annual scores till 1/15 in light of my inquiries falling out of scorable range rather than New Years as I typically do, guess depends how hungover I'm feeling that morning Smiley Happy.

Hope everyone had a great start to their holiday season, and may your gardening wishes come true as the holidays continue!

        
Message 15 of 4,613
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Cold. I always add 1 hr to my recording. I like to wait 45 min then watch so I can blow through the commercialsSmiley Happy

SIlver:

Message 16 of 4,613
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I was gold until late last month. Now I'm a seedling again. Smiley Sad But it's been a big year. Have achieved too many credit goals to mention: new tradelines, big CLIs, a better selection of cards, scores above 760 and more. Now it's time to plant myself and my cards in the garden.

Goal for next year: get my score in the 780-790 range just by gardening and keeping util low. (Maybe even get the score touching 800, but the thought of that scares me!)

Thanks, Lexie! Thanks all. MyFico is a big help, but also a place of big temptations.

Yes, you did have a good year.  Congrats on all your successes!

Message 17 of 4,613
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Cold. I always add 1 hr to my recording. I like to wait 45 min then watch so I can blow through the commercialsSmiley Happy

I did on your game! Smiley Embarassed

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 18 of 4,613
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Yes, you did have a good year.  Congrats on all your successes!

Thanks, FocusedAndDetermined! MyFicoans are the best!

Now, if I could only get that seedling to poke it's little head up in my signature. You'd think I'd be good at that part by now. Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 4,613
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

But you were sleeping? That's why I won whew!! ( close one)

SIlver:

Message 20 of 4,613
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.