Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2012

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2012

I'm here!!!

3 Weeks app free!!!Smiley Happy

Locked down in here for sure until July. Then trying for Discover again!

Then i'm back in for 6 more months!

And then Reviisit AMEX....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 590
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I'm gardening until my only 2 EX apps fall off in May.

I'd really like to open a Citi 21 months 0% card for my honeymoon, and I'd also really like a sapphire preferred. However I've recently started thinking about buying a home. I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 590
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have no intention of applying for anything anytime soon, just watching things grown.  

AMEX BCE $6,000 (still another month or so from next CLI)

USAA Visa $8,000

Also have my Chase Amazon just chilling there, 2 years at $1,000...

I've debated going for the Walmart card just to get the free FICO, but my TU has NO INQ on it and therefor it really doesn't matter for me Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 590
insidious28
New Contributor

I'm in gardening mode starting todaySmiley Happy.  Got all I want in terms of credit.  Just gonna try for soft CLI's from here on for the next 2 years and see if I can get in the 800 club.  I want all my inquiries to fall off before I even app for anything else.  When I do decide to app I'm gonna stick with Amex cause of their backdating to 2000 for me.  Don't wanna lose my AAoASmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 686, TU 722, EX 702
Current Score: EQ 838 (01/08/14 MyFico), TU 836 (01/14/14 Wally), EX 832 (01/14/14 FNBO)
Goal Score: 800+ Across The Board

Message 14 of 590
dharalex
Established Contributor

Im officially back in the garden! I only want 1 more card, USAA, then my wallet will look absolutely the way I want it. I have 3 EQ inq, 2 of which will fall off in 8/2011. I plan to get the USAA in 9/2011. So from now until then, NO apps! I will nourish my cards, and they may be fertilized with CLI, but only if it's a soft pull. I will keep checking in just to stay on track...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 15 of 590
Tropikal
Established Member

Hello Gardeners,

I'm fairly new to gardening and I'm looking for some fertilizing advice..

Im my garden so far..

1-Discover More -1700 (New just from few days ago)

2-Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 (Almost 3 years, don't want to grow much.. That's why the new additions)

3-HSBC - 1000 (New just from few days ago)

By the end of 2012 ALL my INQ will fall off , except the two new above,  My score took 2 points ding at least on EQ by those two INQ's, I guess I could live with that. But I need to be aware of the limits, It took me long time to get here post BK7.

Question: Can someone elaborate on the "Soft Pulls" is there a way that I can control those? I know the CC will automatically review your account for that every so often, is there a way I could initiate a CLI and be a Soft Pull? Not planning to do so now, since there are just planted, but for future reference.

Question: How many INQ I or someone could do, without  hurting your scores too much and without looking riskier? 

Thanks

Message 16 of 590
jla84
Regular Contributor

Still in the garden! I went a little crazy with the shopping over Christmas and last month, so I'm reigning it in and paying down my balances. I should be all set by April, and in May I can app for Citi Forward and AmEx BCP. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Message 17 of 590
patternofstars7
Contributor

Trying to purchase house end of year so keeping myself app free till 2013. Letting AAoA build and inquiries fall off. Maybe closing some small limit rebuilder cards before AF hits.

Message 18 of 590
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still down on my knees gardening away and praying for a good FICO score to be generated. 

Message 19 of 590
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I think I have decided I am going to really work my Discover card hard this year to see where that might get me. I have some great limits on other cards, but Discover just does not seem to like me. So, I'll take it back out of the SD and use it where I can to see if I can get it to grow. Right now, the CL is $1500 and most of the other cards range from $5 to $25k.

One year and if no luv, I will close it out.  Smiley Mad

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 20 of 590
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.