Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2012

tag
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2012

Okay..guess i'm truly showing my newbie colors...but what is  BCP??  I tried googling BCP and Business consumer something or other comes up.

NEVERMIND: I searched in the Community and found it to be an AMEX Card.  okay..time for bed - good luck next week everyone with gardening..hope we all see great things!!

Message 561 of 590
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

INQ fall off after 2 years, right?

Correct. They display for two years, and they affect your FICO scores for the first year only.

INQ's are seriously overrated in terms of the damage that they do to most people's FICO scores. (Exception: high scorers with long history can see some pain.) This is referring to damage solely from inqs, not from any associated presence of new accounts or lowering of AAoA, which is hard to separate out.

However, inqs can and do alarm many lenders.

It's always important to remember that some things are risky for scoring, and some things are risky for credit approval, and they're often not the same things.

Great info, thanks!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 562 of 590
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

Okay..guess i'm truly showing my newbie colors...but what is  BCP??  I tried googling BCP and Business consumer something or other comes up.

NEVERMIND: I searched in the Community and found it to be an AMEX Card.  okay..time for bed - good luck next week everyone with gardening..hope we all see great things!!

Blue Cash Premier, right?

You know, I always paid attention to my Grandfathers CC he would use anytime they would take us out to dinner.  After both grandparents passing, my dad had to settle all of their debts.  I got to take a look at the binder he would place all of his cards in. I REALLLLLLY wish I had paid close attention to what cards they were specifically.

After finding this site, I certainly pay ALOT more attention to cards I see being passed around for transactions.  It's like people watching, but for CCs instead

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 563 of 590
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

Blue Cash Premier, right?

You know, I always paid attention to my Grandfathers CC he would use anytime they would take us out to dinner.  After both grandparents passing, my dad had to settle all of their debts.  I got to take a look at the binder he would place all of his cards in. I REALLLLLLY wish I had paid close attention to what cards they were specifically.

After finding this site, I certainly pay ALOT more attention to cards I see being passed around for transactions.  It's like people watching, but for CCs instead

BCP = Blue Cash Preferred from AMEX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 564 of 590
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Haha it is true when I'm waiting in line at a store and the person in front of pulls out their credit card -- I can't help  but look. If I see a CITI card, I think "she's got great credit." Very rarely do I see see people pull out Capital One cards lol. Mainly it's Chase, AMEX, BoA, and CITI. And of course tons and tons of people pay with their debit card, like me. Smiley Sad

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 565 of 590
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fellow Gardeners!

With so much talk on the boards lately about Zync and Chase Freedom approvals, I felt the need to focus more on my gardening so that I can get my mind off applying for both of those cards.

Tomorrow is the last day of our February Garden Club and I wanted to let everyone know that I came into the month with 58% utilization and I am now down to 31%.  I have been working diligently this month trying to pay down all my credit cards so that I can get it at 9% or less.  I'm feeling confident in my gardening for next month and I am excited about continuing to pay down my utilization and my resulting scores by April.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support and advice.  Please keep it coming!!

Message 566 of 590
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Good luck LadyRover!!! And keep up the good work! Congrats!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 567 of 590
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Yay LadyRover! That is awesome! I'm in literally the exact same boat as you. Came into Feb with 60% utl and as of today it is down to 26%. I desperately want a Chase Freedom and Amex Zync but have taken to gardening one day at a time. Can't do anything until my last baddie falls off in March anyways so in the mean time I'm trying to get down to 9% as well.

We can garden together -- one day at a time.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 568 of 590
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Yay LadyRover! That is awesome! I'm in literally the exact same boat as you. Came into Feb with 60% utl and as of today it is down to 26%. I desperately want a Chase Freedom and Amex Zync but have taken to gardening one day at a time. Can't do anything until my last baddie falls off in March anyways so in the mean time I'm trying to get down to 9% as well.

We can garden together -- one day at a time.

That sounds like a plan!  We can do this!!

Message 569 of 590
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Fellow Gardeners!

With so much talk on the boards lately about Zync and Chase Freedom approvals, I felt the need to focus more on my gardening so that I can get my mind off applying for both of those cards.

Tomorrow is the last day of our February Garden Club and I wanted to let everyone know that I came into the month with 58% utilization and I am now down to 31%.  I have been working diligently this month trying to pay down all my credit cards so that I can get it at 9% or less.  I'm feeling confident in my gardening for next month and I am excited about continuing to pay down my utilization and my resulting scores by April.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support and advice.  Please keep it coming!!

Very good LadyRover!!! WTG!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 570 of 590
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.