Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
Jkusa
Valued Member

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

My seedling died and it was almost a month old!!!

So in December I opened a PenFed savings account with $50, just to get a relationship started with eyes down the road on using them for a car loan. Last week I was thinking, hell they already did the HP so I might as well try for a card....fully expecting to be turned down.

Approved 5k

I was blown away, but i figured hey I'm still in the garden since the HP was in December.

The last night I was doing my occasion look at creditkarma, man they are always behind on their reporting btw, and it showed a good chance to get approved for Discover IT which I had been declined for in November. On a whim I applied

Approved!!! Didn't show an amount but went through the entire process of opening an account. 

So I'm planting a new seedling as of today..

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 345
ycm
Established Member

Congrats!

Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 62 of 345
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't have my spade showing and I'm 2 months without an app, next month I'll get my silver!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 63 of 345
jla84
Regular Contributor

I got a SP CLI on my Discover card just yesterday. Requested 10K, but they only gave me $9200 - a CLI of $2000. I'll take it! Surprised it worked since they just gave me an auto CLI in December.

Since I now have the Citi Premier, I can garden for a whole year until I need to downgrade to the Preferred with no AF (also toying with the idea of asking them to close the card out and roll the CL into my Forward instead. I have time to figure it out). At that time I'll finally app for the BCE to replace the grocery rewards. I was going to app for the BCE in April, but I just couldn't resist the Premier's commuter transit rewards for this year. lol. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 64 of 345
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Been gardening this whole month. Last app was for Amex green on Nov. Have the urge to app for CSP but i'm not ready. Will be this Nov. Hopefully i can last till then. Haha. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 65 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@xboxrunner wrote:

Gardened my way t0 Platinum this month woot!  Cat Tongue

Major congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 66 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

I didn't have my spade showing and I'm 2 months without an app, next month I'll get my silver!!!!

I see your spade... looks great! Smiley Happy

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 67 of 345
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Mmmm, spicey hot buffalo wings...  need more....  (Homer voice)

A few of the financial things I have going at the moment:

1. I am just keeping an eye on my accounts.  My score has hardly moved in 2 months, up a couple of points but I expect to rise a bit more as I pay off the cards over the next five months. 
  2. I've consolidated my debt to my lowest interest card. 
  3. After that, it's saving time for a new vehicle downpayment. 
  4. I upped my mortgage payment 20% a couple of weeks ago so that I can be mortgage free earlier. 
  5. I also built a mortgage payment spreadsheet to view the effects of early payments/increased payments will have on it.
  6. Previewed my tax return on TurboTax while I wait for the official receipts to arrive at the beginning of March.  It turns out I will be expecting a modest $1500 return which will help put the nail in my consumer debt coffin.
  7. I decided to increase my payroll deductions for my RRSP (similar to American's 401K) to reduce my tax payable.  I see no sense in paying my hard earned money to the gov'mint!
  8. I am exploring my retirement savings options with a pension website that explores how long my funds will last; when is the best time to retire (12 or 15 years from now?); which of my accounts should I build up more?  I monitor everything in another spreadsheet and graph it.
  9. I am due for a couple of CLIs in a few days, may as well increase the limits a bit more.  FWIW, my CL is still below my salary but my ultimate goal is reach $25k on each of my 5 cards in a couple of years.  I wish my salary would increase that quickly or to that height!
  10. Realizing that I am blessed and quite well off financially, I am exploring other ways of contributing/donating to others -- perhaps a regular contribution to the food bank or perhaps sponsor a child, etc.
  11. And, oh yeah... I achieved the GOLD Spade the other day and so I am looking for the platimum one.

Happy Groundhog Day, over and over and over and over again!

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 68 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Roarmeister wrote:

1. I am just keeping an eye on my accounts.  My score has hardly moved in 2 months, up a couple of points but I expect to rise a bit more as I pay off the cards over the next five months. 
  2. I've consolidated my debt to my lowest interest card. 
  3. After that, it's saving time for a new vehicle downpayment. 
  4. I upped my mortgage payment 20% a couple of weeks ago so that I can be mortgage free earlier. 
  5. I also built a mortgage payment spreadsheet to view the effects of early payments/increased payments will have on it.
  6. Previewed my tax return on TurboTax while I wait for the official receipts to arrive at the beginning of March.  It turns out I will be expecting a modest $1500 return which will help put the nail in my consumer debt coffin.
  7. I decided to increase my payroll deductions for my RRSP (similar to American's 401K) to reduce my tax payable.  I see no sense in paying my hard earned money to the gov'mint!
  8. I am exploring my retirement savings options with a pension website that explores how long my funds will last; when is the best time to retire (12 or 15 years from now?); which of my accounts should I build up more?  I monitor everything in another spreadsheet and graph it.
  9. I am due for a couple of CLIs in a few days, may as well increase the limits a bit more.  FWIW, my CL is still below my salary but my ultimate goal is reach $25k on each of my 5 cards in a couple of years.  I wish my salary would increase that quickly or to that height!
  10. Realizing that I am blessed and quite well off financially, I am exploring other ways of contributing/donating to others -- perhaps a regular contribution to the food bank or perhaps sponsor a child, etc.
  11. And, oh yeah... I achieved the GOLD Spade the other day and so I am looking for the platimum one.

It sounds like you've been making some very sound financial decisions -- good for you! Congrats on the shiny new gold spade -- I expect to have mine later this month. Smiley Happy

And Happy Groundhog Day right back at you!

Message 69 of 345
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Roarmeister wrote:

It sounds like you've been making some very sound financial decisions -- good for you! Congrats on the shiny new gold spade -- I expect to have mine later this month. Smiley Happy

And Happy Groundhog Day right back at you!

Well, now I am.  13 years ago, I was hooped, up a creek without a paddle, falling without a parachute and any other euphanism you can think of.  Underemployed (or unemployed for stretchs) I had zero net worth and creditors calling all day.  Getting a new job and several promotions along the way (and experience being a valuable teacher) helps a lot.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 70 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.