Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

I only count the ones that are under a year Smiley Happy

Ive been in my new house a year now and all of the apps from my move in app spree are aged a year now... just have some inqs from refi of a rental property; new car; navcheck; and 2 new amexes.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 81 of 345
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still here, 3 days before I can finally pick up my bronze spade.

Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 82 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I only count the ones that are under a year Smiley Happy

Ive been in my new house a year now and all of the apps from my move in app spree are aged a year now... just have some inqs from refi of a rental property; new car; navcheck; and 2 new amexes.

gotcha you! 

i have 12 inquries in one day across all three reports! (8/30)

car loan (double pulled all three) amex (triple pulled) od loc from bank(denied-trippled pulled) 

sept 1st will be a happy day for me. 

looking back at it though i didnt even need the od line and if i didnt do it probably could have gotten the npsl zync. =/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 83 of 345
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

In my experience the inquiries didn't hinder me from getting zync NPSL but chase double pulled me for amazon... and some cards that I applied for were denied; namely discover open roads and QT gas card. Looking back I'm glad because I don't need them now that I have PRG.

Also I had a gemb lowes that was closed by GE in 2009 with no notice until it was declined at register... getting the lowes business amex is total vindication for that embarrassing moment in time!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 84 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
In my experience the inquiries didn't hinder me from getting zync NPSL but chase double pulled me for amazon... and some cards that I applied for were denied; namely discover open roads and QT gas card. Looking back I'm glad because I don't need them now that I have PRG.

Also I had a gemb lowes that was closed by GE in 2009 with no notice until it was declined at register... getting the lowes business amex is total vindication for that embarrassing moment in time!

its just a good thing that inqs only stay on your reports for 2 years and not 7(like baddies) or 10(like bk) 

just think thats more or less 10% of someones life. and less since most people dont get cards until they are 18.

i personally believe once my util is back down too 3/4% and all my inquries age and such my aaoa will be holding me back (at 1.5 years) and only the time i dont want too wait can help that.

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 85 of 345
brookele
Established Member

Hi all, I made it!

I started building credit about a year and a half ago, starting out with a CapOne secured card (I'm 22). I was sort of hanging around these forums at that point trying to learn the best way to get into the credit game as a young person. About a year after that, I got a secured credit builder loan through my local credit union, and then a few months after that, I was approved for a car loan and a credit card through the same credit union. After that, I got a couple store cards and an unsecured CapOne, and then was preapproved for a Discover More card back in September. Then a couple weeks ago, I decided to see if I could dip my toes into the prime game, and with a couple recons, got everything I wanted!

Now I have a fairly large number of inquiries, several new accounts, and a very low AAoA, but they're all going to fall off together, I'm very young, and I have a group of great cards that will grow with me. I feel like I've got a solid foundation here. I don't see myself needing or wanting anything else after this, so I intend to garden till everything falls off, at least. Here I am for the next couple of years! Smiley Happy

American Express Blue Cash Everyday | American Express Green | Bank AmeriCard Travel Rewards | Barclaycard Ring | Capital One Rewards | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Citi Simplicity | Discover IT | Fidelity Investment Rewards AmEx | Freedom First CU Visa | Hudson Valley FCU Visa | Paypal Extras MC | + several store cards

09/05/13

Message 86 of 345
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

In the garden.

I'm waiting for some inquiries to fall off and my credit lines to grow.  I hope to stay put until April.  I would like to get the BCP.

Current cards: Orchard Bank $300 Discover $1000 Barclays $1000 Lowes $3000 RTG $3000 AMEX PRG NPSL

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 87 of 345
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Gave up my diamond spade today. I wanted to hold out on apps until June, but after hearing so may people with my scores getting the Walmart card I had to pull the trigger, and GOT IT!!!! So back to the seedling for now but I am glad I got a card that can grow into a Discover someday Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 88 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

had myself thinking for a moment i had a silver spade but turns out i cant do math this early in the morning. 

2/3rds of the way there though! 

tax check please hurry up so i can drop my util to 1% and see my scores shoot up and the pre approvals for the things i wont app for come in!

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 89 of 345
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Newbie entering the garden for the first time. Planning (although you know what they say about the "best laid plans") to stay in until August, when I hope to apply for an Amex (probably one of the blues; not sure).

For many years, gardening wasn't an issue. I had just one good old CL, and later two. Never had any credit problems or any desire for app sprees. In fact, I had no idea that such a thing as an app spree existed! But now that I'm monitoring credit and reading the MyFico forums ... well, darn, you people are constantly dangling temptation in front of me.

Three apps and three approvals in the last three months. That's that. One was a biggie. The other two much smaller. But the smaller two are GE, which is so generous with auto-CLIs. So I get to watch them grow as I sit back in my lawn chair and sip a Mai Tai.

Now, if I could only figure out how to get an auto CLI from Chase, the only cc that never, ever gives anything without an HP!

Thanks for having me in the "club."

Message 90 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.