Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

I've been in the garden for like a week. I'm so good at resisting temptation. Smiley Embarassed

Stepped out. Apped for Amex BCE -- mostly just to see on what grounds they'd reject me so that I could be sure to have any problems straightened out six months from now.

Approved! Yippee!

Now, back into the winter mud ...

Message 141 of 345
tld409
Regular Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I've been in the garden for like a week. I'm so good at resisting temptation. Smiley Embarassed

Stepped out. Apped for Amex BCE -- mostly just to see on what grounds they'd reject me so that I could be sure to have any problems straightened out six months from now.

Approved! Yippee!

Now, back into the winter mud ...

I know what you mean- it is so hard especially after reading all of the approval posts and good news. You just feel like you have to try. Congrats on BCE!

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 142 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

figured why wait till next week!  paid off all of my interest balances! (that were less then a month old- so technically no interest charged yet)

my bank account is lean now- about 2500 leaner 

Current Line Up-

Amex Zync 0

Chase Freedom 0/1000

C Mastercard -.45/5000

C Mastercard 0/2000

C Mastercard-0/500

Store cards-

Macy's-0/3500

Best Buy 1600/2500 (0% on 600 until may/0% on 1000 until november of 15')

Walmart-550/5000 (0% until feb of 2014)

American Eagle-0/700

Kohls-0/400

as long as i dont keep spending all my money, i feel like i can be at 0 by march/april for everything. (july is when inquries start aging off! woo)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 143 of 345
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Here I am, 8 months to the day since beginning my credit card journey. After being approved for the Capital One card, I gardened for 6 months and then applied for the wonderful cards in my signature (BCP, Forward, Freedom) to complete the first stage of my journey. I feel so much better about my financial health with these cards in my arsenal and thought I would mark the occasion with a post in the Garden thread. I owe so much of this success to the discipline I leavened from this thread. 

I also just hit 500 posts on the forum the other day, and I am so happy that I have been able to pass on some of my good fortune by hanging around and giving credit advice my best effort.  After all, this is where I learned all my knowledge. 

Keep Gardening everyone!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 144 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Here I am, 8 months to the day since beginning my credit card journey. After being approved for the Capital One card, I gardened for 6 months and then applied for the wonderful cards in my signature (BCP, Forward, Freedom) to complete the first stage of my journey. I feel so much better about my financial health with these cards in my arsenal and thought I would mark the occasion with a post in the Garden thread. I owe so much of this success to the discipline I leavened from this thread. 

I also just hit 500 posts on the forum the other day, and I am so happy that I have been able to pass on some of my good fortune by hanging around and giving credit advice my best effort.  After all, this is where I learned all my knowledge. 

Keep Gardening everyone!

congrats! im quite impressed with your limits. 

what is your income if you dont mind me asking? 

and was the 3k the original limit? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 145 of 345
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

GGRRRR....  A little ticked off at myself is me.  I went for some CLI's this week, the problem is the CCCs did hard pulls on my account!  Now I have 2 extra hard pulls that I wasn't counting on.  So I went to check my score and yep I confirmed it -- down 3 points!  I'm going the wrong direction these days.  That's on top of a 6 point drop for consolidating my credit to one card.  Just went you think you've done the right thing - pow! right in the kisser.  On the bright side, I did get the CLIs and I won't be going for credit anytime soon; credit scores don't have memory so by the time I will be seeking credit my scores should recover....  although my year end goal is in serious doubt now.

Back to the seedling again...  (while others may argue that I wasn't actively seeking credit and therefore I should still be in the garden, I shall disagree because there was a high likelihood of them doing a income verification for the amounts I was asking).

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 146 of 345
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Keep Gardening everyone!

congrats! im quite impressed with your limits. 

what is your income if you dont mind me asking? 

and was the 3k the original limit? 

Thanks, credit!

Income is $65k+ depending on bonuses, etc. Monthly obligations that could be determined from my credit report and my application (rent, car loan, student loans) exceeded $1,300 at the time. 

3k was indeed the original limit. At the time it seemed very reasonable to me given my income and spending needs. But as I saw other posts on this forum I realized I may be an exception given my lack of revolving credit at the time. I've spent the $3,000 during the month multiple times though. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 147 of 345
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Updated my spade, so happy! 3 months in the Garden now.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 148 of 345
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I'm only two weeks in...no more apps for me until 2014!

Message 149 of 345
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Ugh, I can't get my seedling to show completely! 

Message 150 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.