Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

@Swapmeet wrote:

Right on Mountain Hiker, I have a similar plan: garden until late May-early June and app for a Discover. For now, it is garden time.

Strategy is important when building credit. Spring is round the corner.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 341 of 345
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@jg27 wrote:

I'm new to the forum and went on a 6 for 8 app spree the last week. I started at 760 last week and after 8 inquries in 3 days, I think I'm done for a while. Time to do some gardening.

Welcome Jg27 to the garden.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 342 of 345
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ugh. Have a couple hundred extra bucks on payday. I'm thinking of coming out of the garden to applied for a secured BofA card. The point would be to start aging another tradeline. I am a longtime BofA customer. Any thoughts on this strategy. I am sort of indifferent. I may just stay gardening. Just paid my other cards in full. Feels good.... On sexcond thought I will probably wait til I have enough to open a secure card with a more meaningful limit... like 2500 or something. That would make more of a change to my credit picture and set me up for prime card land in like a year....

Message 343 of 345
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I would garden those two accounts. That Walmart card will grow rapidly, if you make it. Once you get it up to a few grand, then you can app for an unsecured card -- perhaps even a prime-ish card.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 344 of 345
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

K. Back to the garden... coming up on a month....

Message 345 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.