cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
rwatkins

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

I'm just starting to rebuild my credit. I have 3 hospital bills and one loan I need to try and do PFD's on. I just got a secured capital one card for $250 and fingerhut for $230 and I applied for Gordmans store card but dont know if Im approved for that one yet. I figured since I'm just starting the rebuilding process I need to just concentrate on paying and removing the baddies and pay my few credit accounts in full and on time and hopefully my score will go up and I can get some unsecured cards by this time next year. There are a few other cards I want to get but Im not even going to try right now, I dont want to get in over my head so Im just going to sit back, take it slow and watch my little seedlings flourish Smiley Happy

TU: 584
EX: 642
EQ: 637
Goal: 700 AND TO BE APPROVED TO BUY LAND IN 2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 321 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well welcome to the garden! 

its a nice place to be. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 322 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@rwatkins wrote:

I'm just starting to rebuild my credit. I have 3 hospital bills and one loan I need to try and do PFD's on. I just got a secured capital one card for $250 and fingerhut for $230 and I applied for Gordmans store card but dont know if Im approved for that one yet. I figured since I'm just starting the rebuilding process I need to just concentrate on paying and removing the baddies and pay my few credit accounts in full and on time and hopefully my score will go up and I can get some unsecured cards by this time next year. There are a few other cards I want to get but Im not even going to try right now, I dont want to get in over my head so Im just going to sit back, take it slow and watch my little seedlings flourish Smiley Happy

Welcome to both the forums and the Garden Club. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on the approvals. Your thinking is correct; the best thing that you can do right now is to use your new accounts responsibly and build positive history with them, while at the same time waiting for baddies to come off. Remember that building/rebuilding credit is a marathon, not a sprint. With time and good credit habits, your scores will come up and better cards will come your way. Many of us have been where you are, so you are certainly among friends. If we've been able to rebuild our credit, so can you, and we're happy to provide you with support and advice along the way. Best wishes to you!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 323 of 345
rwatkins

Thank you so much creditnocash and tinuviel!

I have been stalking the forums for a month now and have become quite the credit aficionado thanks to all the wonderful information here.  I am super excited for this process and am so thankful for this place, I honestly dont think I could do it if this place and you awesome helpers didnt exist.

TU: 584
EX: 642
EQ: 637
Goal: 700 AND TO BE APPROVED TO BUY LAND IN 2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 324 of 345
dodfire
Valued Contributor

It is a very helpful place isn't it.....and good luck on your land purchase next year!!

*8/10/13
Message 325 of 345
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

swampmeet hang in there

It is not a big deal, but you added an "m" to my name. My name is more like a flea market than a muddy, marshy, wet land with all sorts of animals whose main function in life is to kill me...lol.

Sorry about that 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 326 of 345
zullyquirke
Contributor

Back to a seedling for me! I caved and responded to an offer from Discover IT, and just got a call saying I was approved. My first non-sub prime card! Smiley Happy I'm happy to be pulling up into another level of credit acceptance and will now settle back into gardening for awhile to let my score grow.

Message 327 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@zullyquirke wrote:

Back to a seedling for me! I caved and responded to an offer from Discover IT, and just got a call saying I was approved. My first non-sub prime card! Smiley Happy I'm happy to be pulling up into another level of credit acceptance and will now settle back into gardening for awhile to let my score grow.

Good for you -- that is exciting! Take good care of your new little seedling. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 328 of 345
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@zullyquirke wrote:

Congrats and welcome back the garden Smiley Happy

Discover is awesome so kudos to you

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 329 of 345

Hi there! I'm new here and to the forums.  I've been trying to rebuild for a couple years now, mostly because I was living in Canada for 10 years and when I came back to the states I had literally no credit at all.

I made the mistake of financing a vehicle with CNAC/JD Byrider but it had it's good points in that after 2 years of on time payments with them I was able to trade it in and bought my first ever brand new car last month!!!  And even got it financed with a conventional lender at a far better rate than the 21% I had with CNAC.

I got approved for a Cap One MC but with a low limit of 300 dollars and I got turned down for Walmart's card today so I think it is time for me to sit back and get some payments under me on the new car and use the CC sparingly for a while and let the dust settle for a while. Between the car and the cards, I have had more than a few inquiries that need to fall off but otherwise no baddies.

I've been lurking around for a while and learning a lot, these forums are great!!!

Message 330 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.