Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

@Revelate wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Guys I am back!!!  Happy new years to all!

Approved for PRG this morning Smiley Happy  The two inquiries dropped my FAKO score by 5 points on Credit Secure

Goal is to garden for 1 year and reduce installment debt Smiley Happy

Hah, speaking of FAKO's a slew of inquiries dropped off my TU report (well aged beyond a year at least) and my CK jumped by 24 points to by far it's highest ever.

Grats on the PRG, nice card for you; are you keeping the Zync as a reward accelerator as well?

I am totally keeping the Zync... I haven't decided what all I will continue to pay with the Zync... maybe just my Netflix but my hubby is an AU on the Zync and I will keep it more for building good history for him. Its not a bad card and the AF is so small that I don't mind keeping it around.  Our spending will go down this year since my hubby is no longer working out of town, but I hope I'm still able to meet the 30k spend threshold. The trip I've got for work in January will help, as well as a vacation we have planned for end of July.

Your garden is looking phenomenally better than it did 1 year ago Smiley Happy  Keep up the good work, I definately see a mortgage in your future for 2013 Smiley Happy

My sis closed on her new home on Dec 28th, USDA 100% financing on a foreclosure owned by Chase, she only had to bring 1k to closing, and she did 1k in earnest money.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 51 of 362
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Hah, speaking of FAKO's a slew of inquiries dropped off my TU report (well aged beyond a year at least) and my CK jumped by 24 points to by far it's highest ever.

Grats on the PRG, nice card for you; are you keeping the Zync as a reward accelerator as well?

I am totally keeping the Zync... I haven't decided what all I will continue to pay with the Zync... maybe just my Netflix but my hubby is an AU on the Zync and I will keep it more for building good history for him. Its not a bad card and the AF is so small that I don't mind keeping it around.

I think the traditional method as espoused by Open123 is anything that you get 2x or better on the Zync, spend there and then transfer the MRE -> MR. 

Everything else put on the PRG.  I'm guessing you at least have the freebie packs and maybe some of the others, so simply tailor it there; however, if you have other reward cards (which you do) unless you're focusing on MR there's going to likely be adjustment required on this.  More math for the New Year, yuck.

        
Message 52 of 362
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

Your garden is looking phenomenally better than it did 1 year ago Smiley Happy  Keep up the good work, I definately see a mortgage in your future for 2013 Smiley Happy

My sis closed on her new home on Dec 28th, USDA 100% financing on a foreclosure owned by Chase, she only had to bring 1k to closing, and she did 1k in earnest money.

Oh I so wish I could do a mortgage with 1k down Smiley Happy.  May have to look into the FHA route which would only be 3%, but I'm probably stuck for various reasons chasing a conventional which is going to be a lot of cash down here in S. Cali for anywhere I actually want to live.

You're right though, I have made remarkable improvement both in my garden and in my scores over the course of 2012 and I'm pretty pleased with the results other than my delaying on yanking the splinter till my income steadied, now that it has I'm out of excuses if I want to get the mortgage done.  Thursday is looking good for the phone call to the tax folks at least.

        
Message 53 of 362
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Hey guys, back in the garden again. started thinking about applying for a gold delta Amex and then pcing down the road, but I happened to talk myself out of it. Idk what my Fico scores are now, but hopefully they are higher. Still gardening until June 4th or 5th, then going for freedom and the Bce. After that, no apps for at least another 6 months to a year. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 54 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I am totally keeping the Zync... I haven't decided what all I will continue to pay with the Zync... maybe just my Netflix but my hubby is an AU on the Zync and I will keep it more for building good history for him. Its not a bad card and the AF is so small that I don't mind keeping it around.

I think the traditional method as espoused by Open123 is anything that you get 2x or better on the Zync, spend there and then transfer the MRE -> MR. 

Everything else put on the PRG.  I'm guessing you at least have the freebie packs and maybe some of the others, so simply tailor it there; however, if you have other reward cards (which you do) unless you're focusing on MR there's going to likely be adjustment required on this.  More math for the New Year, yuck.

I use Amex for everything despite the fact that it doesn't have rewards on some catagories, I do that just because I know the charges will be PIF. I don't try to use the rewards catagories on my other cards except of course Amazon purchases go on Amazon card. ... Except I did funnel some spending through Shop Discover and I did some home repairs and remodeling on my NFCU card and NavCheck.   I think what I will do is just try to keep everything going through Amex and see where I'm at mid year. I do have some grad school tuition I can charge on the PRG to help with spend, this will be reimbursed at the end of the semester as long as I make a B or better. The AF is free in the first year on PRG so if I don't hit the spend this year I won't be too broken hearted.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 55 of 362
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Hello All,

Jumping into a 12 month gardening phase..........  Last app 10/12.

It's going to be hard, but I am sitting on to many inquiries, and need to let them go.

Here's to a long year, especially when I read all the CSP approvals! - That the goal when I come out of the garden. 

Happy New Years. 

Message 56 of 362
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm starting to get really itchy. 

Thinking about taking a trip down to disney world over my spring break and I want the disney card. 

/scratch

Message 57 of 362
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Well, 2012 was a truly challenging year.  I originally joined this site, as stated in previous post, in 2008 attempting to correct credit issues.  I hit the credit app bug quick and eventually found myself in the same predicament years later.  Last year, I had an epiphany to truly "get it together".  I have reviewed various post that state that you can do this on your own; however, I found great difficulty in doing so.  Therefore, in the last quarter of 2012 I acquired a credit repair service to assist.  Since that time they have been able to remove (7) Equifax, (0) Experian, and (11) Transition.  I decided that I need to also do my part and assist, so I logged back onto the myFICO to also aide in my credit advocacy.  It is important that if I work in tangent with the credit repair company I will begin to see swifter results.

In also reviewing my credit I have to now settle the debts for the "charge-offs".  I know that my days of burying are over and I have to face the music.  My UTI is extremely high (almost 85%) and I must tackle that immediately.   I first would like to obtain a secured USAA Amex for $1k.   Once I get this card I will only use that and put away the (4) cards I still have as active.

I started this race four years ago and did not finish; however, I am going to finish this time.  Once I get the USAA card I am staying in the garden until December 2013. I will see where I am and if I succeeded in decreasing my UTI to 0% and removing most of the baddies I will apply for 1 card as my Christmas present.

I am so ready to be able to answer my phone on a regular basis.   

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 58 of 362
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

NOTHING for me this year at all.

In fact, I am considering closing a bunch of cards. Too much to maintain...  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 59 of 362
LesWH
Established Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Why does my seedling look so pathetic??? I copied and pasted the link from the first page.  Any ideas?

Now my seedling and my signature look GREAT thanks to WebHopper!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 60 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.