Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
RyeBread
Established Member

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Hey, guys.

I've been a lurker for a little while now, so I figured I'd become a member and track my credit with you guys. By the way, you guys are awesome and definitely prove that patience is virtue! 

I've been app-free since November, hopefully will be until April-ish as I need to get a school loan. Got a card or two under my belt, and I'm doing okay.

As soon as I need to get my scores, I'll put them as my sig w/ my cards.

Happy Gardening Smiley Wink

Current Score: EQ (Citi FICO) (3/23): 831, EX (Amex FICO) (4/23): 820, TU (Discover): 800

~$138k total CL, ~1% utilized
Message 291 of 362
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Well, I stepped out of garden only to get back in and this time to genuinely stay in! My credit profile in terms of credit cards is complete. I will only hope for CLIs and APR reductions from this point forward. 

Message 292 of 362
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Continuing to be app free since november, no plans  for further apping until november 2013 or when car dies whichever comes first. Working hard getting utilization down. At about 60% yikes, and I need to get teeth extracted and dentures in 10 days, another 2000 on care credit, hate to do it but necessary. Will be able to pay off with Health spending account money once insurance pays what they will pay. Wish me luck Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 293 of 362
codimom
Frequent Contributor

dRe: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

apparently, the forum ate my first reply!

2 more days til I upgrade to my next spade.  No apps, no itches, no wants...except to upgrade my chase slate to a better card.  They won't pc it for me (think its because its a wachovia stepchild...) and i don't want another inquiry on my file.

So to celebrate, I have brought along a large coffee pot of spiced wine.. feel free to share with me (as long as you are of the proper legal drinking age wherever you are )  Smiley Happy

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 294 of 362
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Just saw that I wrote on my calendar to do a new application for an AMEX Green. I must have done this last July when I was denied the PRG.

But I said that I would wait until 2014 to do a new app for anything. Oy. It would be backdated to 2008, but I didn't want another hard pull as I think I'd be approved this time (I was brand new to AMEX during my last app and I currently have a BCE).

I really want a charge card though... Someone talk me off the ledge.  

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 295 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ceemee2203 wrote:

Just saw that I wrote on my calendar to do a new application for an AMEX Green. I must have done this last July when I was denied the PRG.

But I said that I would wait until 2014 to do a new app for anything. Oy. It would be backdated to 2008, but I didn't want another hard pull as I think I'd be approved this time (I was brand new to AMEX during my last app and I currently have a BCE).

I really want a charge card though... Someone talk me off the ledge.  

Well, let me ask you this... would a HP on EX be an issue for you? If you did this now, the inq would be a year old before you apply for anything else. Other than the inq, you wouldn't get hit with any other type of new credit ding; the only thing that you'd take is an EX inq and have your spade go back to seedling. While I usually try to encourage people to stay in the garden, if you really want a charge card AND it's backdated -- and you've had it penciled in on your calendar since last July! -- you may want to consider going for it. Remember, this is about your overall credit profile and knowing when the time is right -- when to garden and when to go forth and app. You're the only one who can ultimately say, but perhaps the time is right?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 296 of 362
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

I have 6 HPs on EX, 3 will fall off in Aug. One will fall off next Jan. so I think I'll wait. 

I think I'll feel more confident in my credit profile when the lates from 2007 (1 30) and 2008 (1 120) finally go away.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 297 of 362
NikJ4
Established Contributor

ok the Prodical Child has returned. I have been trying to find my way again. No mess ups as far as being late but I need to get my debt down. My utilization is horrible right now. So I am working on paying down stuff. No new cards really but I did get the Jared acct via soft since I have Kay Jeweler's. I wanted that dang Pandora bracelet. (bad girl). Ok so I am now focusing on getting debt paid down since I really want to get in the market for a new home by end of year.

No new cards...just time to garden and change my name to Mary Mary Quite Contrary!

Message 298 of 362
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Hey Gardeners! I stepped out for a few days after getting my silver spade and now I'm back with a new Discover It.  I plan to stay until after March where 3 inq's on each report will be 1yr old and my last CO drops off.  In April, I would have seasoned most of my new cards by 6 mos.  Hopefully, my GE cards will continue to grow and I can hold off until the fall.  

I have to admit, DCU is calling my name! Smiley Sad

Message 299 of 362
Cageym
Established Contributor

Instead of apping, or even drapping, I'm going to use my 2 weeks off and take a short flight to Thailand. Hey, I'm in Diego Garcia, it's a reasonably short flight for me.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 300 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.