Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

@kilj0y wrote:

This will be my first full month of gardening, no apps whatsoever for me this month.

Every journey begins with a single step.

Message 51 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@hutchj wrote:

Garden strong this month! I promise!

That's the spirit!

Message 52 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I received a SW alert today. I was expecting it -- the card that my daughter uses as an AU posted a $5 balance this month, as opposed to a $0 balance last month. This means that I have two cards reporting a balance, with the others all $0, and it triggered the FICO algorithm to drop my EQ score by 5 points. It's not a big deal, as my scores are still reasonably good. But after working so hard to improve my scores, it I hate to see my scores drop at all, for emotional rather than practical reasons. Ah well... life goes on.

All in all, things are going very well in the garden. No app itches, and I'm quite happy with what I have. I'm keeping my eyes focused on picking up my gold spade in a couple of months. Smiley Happy

The scores should bounce back quickly.

Message 53 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tattooedhusker

What a way to start the month?! Congrats
Message 54 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

These are my last few days in the garden as I'll be going on an app spree in a few days. I'll be back right afterward, only to leave again in August or September for a car loan. 

Too bad I missed the party Friday nite to go out with a bang.

I suppose we can let you have a one day pass, but hurry back.

Message 55 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 56 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Kutuzov

You're doing great!

Message 57 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

Checking into the Garden for July. Haven't decided how long it'll be but probably around a year. Not looking forward to seeing my score drop when my 2 new car loans hit and 3 new CC's considering my AAoA has always been the weakest part of my CR. Smiley Tongue

In due time, your scores will recover and improve.  As long as you spend an adequate amount of time in the garden.

Message 58 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@knoregs wrote:

I'm in but unsure if for entire month. I'm due to pick up GOLD on the 19th but there are a few cards I may app for. In preperation of apping I've been paying down balances. I picked up a 17 point boost for taking a chunk out of my Discover IT balance, followed by a 25 point boost for paying off my BOA card. Also my fourth Amazon statement will kick on the 5th even though I've had the card for nearly six months (don't use every month) so I'll be calling in for CLI.

~kn

Nice job on boosting your scores. Hope you stay for the gold.

Message 59 of 2,774
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

Still in it! Smiley Very Happy

Glad you're still here.

Message 60 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.