Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

tag
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

Hey guys, 8 more days until I can be bronze! Would've been today but I got my barclays last month. So far it's satisfied my itch... Hope all is well with you all Smiley Happy

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 91 of 3,423
GooseGirl
Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hello, all! I say this many times, but MAYBE, just MAYBE i can keep up with the forum now that school's over Smiley Tongue

And hello to all the new members! You may not be so new anymore, but it's been a while since I've been in the gardening thread because it explodes quickly Smiley Happy so you're new to me!

Got a new car on June 14th, and with it of course an auto loan (my first one!). After a round of auto inquiries, I'm throwing in the towel and going to attempt a 2-year gardening expedition Smiley Happy the only thing I can see myself coming out for is a refi to DCU from PNC (2.44%), if DCU still has a low rate in the future and I feel I can't pay down my loan as fast as I want to, for the sake of saving interest. Therefore, I'm putting a tentative date of June 14th, 2016 until I apply for any more cards. Mortgage isn't in my immediate future either, so so far, so good.

Discover's 3-month CLI request is coming up on July 20th. However, as I was catching up with the forums, I saw someone make mention that requesting at 3 months may inhibit any auto CLIs? Is this so?

Also considering doing some weeding, such as that Shell and TD card. We'll see what happens. I'm taking the Shell away from my parents when the cards are re-issued for August, because their finances are getting a little funky with my grandma in a rehab, and the fact they owe me $1400 already...well, that's another story, and I'm setting them up on a repayment plan, because with a car payment and insurance payment, I'd like it back so I have cushion!

Happy gardening, y'all!

Smiley Happy Welcome back to the GC!

Thanks, coldnmn! Good to see ya Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Good to see you! Just call me cold. Smiley Frustrated Like the hearts of all the Ops that pick on me in the GC! Smiley Very Happy ROFLOL

Yes he is completely innocent Smiley Tongue

Smiley Sad I know I am!

Cold, what kind of example are you setting for those sweet grandkids of yours with all that fibbing you are doing???

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 92 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Hello, all! I say this many times, but MAYBE, just MAYBE i can keep up with the forum now that school's over Smiley Tongue

And hello to all the new members! You may not be so new anymore, but it's been a while since I've been in the gardening thread because it explodes quickly Smiley Happy so you're new to me!

Got a new car on June 14th, and with it of course an auto loan (my first one!). After a round of auto inquiries, I'm throwing in the towel and going to attempt a 2-year gardening expedition Smiley Happy the only thing I can see myself coming out for is a refi to DCU from PNC (2.44%), if DCU still has a low rate in the future and I feel I can't pay down my loan as fast as I want to, for the sake of saving interest. Therefore, I'm putting a tentative date of June 14th, 2016 until I apply for any more cards. Mortgage isn't in my immediate future either, so so far, so good.

Discover's 3-month CLI request is coming up on July 20th. However, as I was catching up with the forums, I saw someone make mention that requesting at 3 months may inhibit any auto CLIs? Is this so?

Also considering doing some weeding, such as that Shell and TD card. We'll see what happens. I'm taking the Shell away from my parents when the cards are re-issued for August, because their finances are getting a little funky with my grandma in a rehab, and the fact they owe me $1400 already...well, that's another story, and I'm setting them up on a repayment plan, because with a car payment and insurance payment, I'd like it back so I have cushion!

Happy gardening, y'all!

Smiley Happy Good to see you! Just call me cold. Smiley Frustrated Like the hearts of all the Ops that pick on me in the GC! Smiley Very Happy ROFLOL

Smiley Sad I know I am!

But of course you are! Smiley Happy

Message 93 of 3,423
BACLiz

Just joined the club a few days ago.  Going to try for at least six months, and see from there.  Working on bringing my utilization (currently around 64%) way down, paying some stuff off, and eventually ditching the sub-prime cards.  Sockdrawering some stuff for now, but I got all the way rid of First Premier a few days ago, and it felt great!

September 2019:

Current Util. 68%. Perfect payment history, no derogs. Working on paying it all off and getting things in shape to go mortgage shopping.
Message 94 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@BACLiz wrote:

Just joined the club a few days ago.  Going to try for at least six months, and see from there.  Working on bringing my utilization (currently around 64%) way down, paying some stuff off, and eventually ditching the sub-prime cards.  Sockdrawering some stuff for now, but I got all the way rid of First Premier a few days ago, and it felt great!

Congrats on giving FP the heave ho! That's awesome! Welcome to the garden!

Message 95 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@GooseGirl wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Happy gardening, y'all!

Smiley Sad I know I am!

Cold, what kind of example are you setting for those sweet grandkids of yours with all that fibbing you are doing???

Oh snap! Busted! Smiley Very Happy

Message 96 of 3,423
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@BACLiz wrote:

Smiley Happy Welcome to the forum and the GC! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Page one in GC answers

a lot of gardening questions. New members with low post counts are unable to put a seedling or spade in their signature. Just ask and we can get a Mod to do it for you.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 97 of 3,423
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@GooseGirl wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Happy gardening, y'all!

Smiley Sad I know I am!

Oh snap! Busted! Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Embarassed

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 98 of 3,423
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Happy July 1st GCers!

No changes to my credit profile. It has been 6mos since my last mini spree -  maybe I'll pick up a few points. 

Wishing you all the best as you pursue your goals. 

Message 99 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Happy July 1st GCers!

No changes to my credit profile. It has been 6mos since my last mini spree -  maybe I'll pick up a few points. 

Wishing you all the best as you pursue your goals. 

Hey Lexie. Congrats on six months Smiley Happy

Message 100 of 3,423
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.