Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

@emptypockets wrote:

Update, BK fell off TU today, I am BK (and all clean) on all 3 reports. TU score went from 709 (3/2012) to 753! Not as nice a jump as EQ, but I will take it. I am still staying in the garden until at least July - maybe August. That will probably be as long as I can resist the urge to app for a Chase card. Can someone pass the anti-itch cream?

Ok, so I strayed out of the garden for a few days (reasons are posted in other threads), so as not to disturb the people who are staying on the straight and narrow.

I am still 'semi-gardening' if that is possible, LOL. I was thinking about what someone said about goals. My goals over are to build up my limits, and weed out the lower limit cards in my portfolio. Hopefully in doing this, eventually I will have very few caards left with AF's, and those that have fees will pay for themselves.

I am in the process now (well actualy probably tomorrow or Monday) of trying to combine limits on a couple of lower limit cards (Barclays US Air, and Barclays Rewards MC). I have found that being in the Midwest, I have never flown US Air since I had the card ( I live near a Delta hub). If I can combine the limit with the Rewards MC I will have a card showing a higher limit (7.2k)  but WITHOUT a new app. This will get rid of an AF as well.

I was able to (surprisingly) get Capital One to upgrade my old Visa Platinum to a Cash Rewards card (1% cash back on everything) with no AF (no CLI though).

I decided to wait to apply for a Chase card, until at least September, because they tend to pull EX, and I have 3 INQ's that should drop off EX in September. I do not need to app for anything major (car or house) anytime soon (not in the next 2 yrs), so any apps I have made will have time to age for the forseeable future.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 111 of 394
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Well i haven't app'd for 30 days now, funny thing today credit one offered a CLI of 100.00  LOL, only cost 19.95 LOL, no thanks, as soon as card paid off it goes by by. Hope the rest of you are doing great with your gardening, my real garden is doing great, tomatoes growing big.   My credit garden will get weeded next week. I will say goodby to First Premier, I can't wait. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 112 of 394
journey258
Frequent Contributor

9 days in the garden so far. My last apps were with USAA on the 31st. Just received my World Master Card and Platinum Card yesterday. My Freedom Card came earlier in the week. It feels good to rotate Orchard and Credit One to the back of my wallet. I've come such a long way in just a year. I'm hoping for some nice CL increases come the first of the year. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 113 of 394
android01
Valued Contributor

I upgraded my US Bank Flexperks Visa to the new Cash+ card.  Upgrading existing accounts with no applications or CR pulls is a good gardening activity. Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 114 of 394
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Three whole days in the garden...

Don't laugh.

This could happen to you.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 115 of 394
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Guys i need help in not applying for anything for the next 6 months.  My credit have improved incredibly since I first started a year ago,  I am trying to garden until all my scores have reached the 700 fico mark and save 6 months for emergency funds.  I applied for GE Capital for furntiure and I assumed it would be considered as an installment account but it is reporting and an revolving account 2328/2500 0% financing.  With those numbers it is pretty much considered as being maxed out, well I had no choice but in calling CS to recon and limit was raised  to 4500 but I am still uneasy about the utlilization.  I will be bringing my Gardening Tools here every Saturday for just in case I want to plant application seeds any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 116 of 394
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Hands are firmly planted in the soil....

I still get the AMEX twitches but I'm applying the cream daily!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 117 of 394
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Ugg, I'm jonesing to give the Walmart Card an instore try.  Lady in CS and folks here suggest trying instore instead of online.  I'm praying I can keep myself from it.  After all it's not that great of a card to shoot for is it?  I'm hoping after a year of gardening my score and history will have gone up enough to go for something like a Chase or Citi, maybe even Amex.  Trials and Tribulations Smiley Frustrated

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 118 of 394
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm all in. Got my first credit cards in 7 years last week (haven't received them yet). Ended up getting Cap1 and Wells Fargo secured cc. I will garden for 6 months and increase my CL to $2000 for each. I can't stomach more than 4k in security deposits. Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 119 of 394
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
I'm all in. Got my first credit cards in 7 years last week (haven't received them yet). Ended up getting Cap1 and Wells Fargo secured cc. I will garden for 6 months and increase my CL to $2000 for each. I can't stomach more than 4k in security deposits. Duncan

That's reasonable.  I've heard of people dumping 10K into it to try to get a 10K approval later, but to each their own.  I don't see it as a low-interest savings plan as others do, and likewise only have 4K tied up between my two secured cards.  FICO increasing just fine, 1K and possibly 5K appear to be the only real boundaries anecdotally, and there are enough lenders who will often annhilate those limits if absolutely needed for future CL increases.

        
Message 120 of 394
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.