Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

tag
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

Im in the garden until May 15th 2013 when I app for my mortgage HAPPY GARDENING EVERBODY

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 41 of 394
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I'm here in the garden!

Been here for about six or seven months (kind of lost track after March); got my gloves and watering can, and brought various desserts for the back table for all to enjoy.  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 42 of 394
lithium78
Established Contributor

I've been in the garden since July 2011.  This past month, I tried to get a CLI for Discover to cover a 0% BT, but they said they'd have to hard pull, so I declined it.  I also closed my Best Buy Reward Zone MC, because the $59 AF was due and I don't really feel the need to pay AFs anymore (especially for a card with a sub $1k CL).  It served its purpose for the past four years.  So, I'm hanging in there, weeding my garden as best I can, and watering my plants so they will grow big and help me qualify for a good rate on a mortgage in 2013. :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 394
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I stepped (more like ran) out of the garden in May after six months of tending my plants, and was approved for Amex Green, Amex BCP, and Discover More.  Yes, I caved and tried for one more (DM) – I had to call my sponsor to get back on track, and I have since started going to meetings again and working my recovery program.Smiley Wink

Negatives:

2 new accounts that will soon be reporting – Discover More and the change from Walmart to Walmart Discover. Smiley Frustrated

Positives:

I picked up an additional $9600 in CL in May, and two Amex cards that backdated to 2006.  Best of all, my utilization is right at 30% with everything reporting; that's a far cry from the 70%+ that I started with in 2012. Smiley Happy 

Gardening Details:

I will continue to work on CLIs with SPs and would love to get my BCP CLI into the 5-digit range by the end of the year.  I will also work on paying off the rest of my revolving debt to get utilization down to 0% (ok, the storied 1-9%) by the end of 2012. I had thought about applying for a PenFed card in early 2013, but I probably won’t now.  I want to maximize my chances for a planned mortgage in 2014, and I don’t want any further impact to my scores by opening new accounts, etc.  So, definitely no apps for the remainder of 2012.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 44 of 394
01mommy
New Contributor

Greetings, All!  I am firmly planted in the garden after stepping out for some prime cards the other day...36 hour app spree for 6 cards resulted in 5 approvals!  4 inquiries will hit one year and 2 more will fall off by August.  My last two medical collections have finally been paid by insurance after almost 4yrs and will be deleted by the month's end...still GW'ing Credit Reporting Associates regularly to delete a paid collection...gardening for a squeaky clean report with no baddies!!!

AMEX Zync (NPSL)

Discover More (6.5K)

WalMart Discover (1K)

Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa (1K) - applied for this and Freedom MC, but they countered with an either/or on recon...miles please!

Kohls ($53/1K)

I'm also transferring the balance from my subprime Credit One ($571/$925) to the Discover More, which is offering 0% for 6 months.  My Orchard Bank MC ($0/$420) is getting sockdrawered until it comes time for the AF next year; as is the Credit One.  I want to wait to close the Credit One until at least December with so many new accounts, even though the AF is broken down monthly.  I now have a good mix of prime credit and have no need for any more cards, so I'm planning to stay a while, November at least when I apply for a mortgage.  BTW, I brought some homemade rice krispy treats for us to enjoy!

Starting Score: 564 on 3/15/12
Current Score: 665 on 7/14/12
Goal Score: 675 by 9/12

Message 45 of 394
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@01mommy wrote:

BTW, I brought some homemade rice krispy treats for us to enjoy!

Ooohh, love those!  Hope you used lots of marshmallows... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 46 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a day this has been!!!  We apped for 5 prime cards and were APPROVED for all of them.  I am still in shock.  But, now I can garden without griping every month about my being so impatient for January to roll around -- we did not think we could get any "real" credit cards until then. 

My husband spoke with our banker at Chase today and told him what all has happened with us since this time last year.  This guy is the head guy in charge of the particular branch of Chase that we do business with.  He told my husband that we would probably qualify for Freedom at this time and after building some good history for 6 months, we could go on and apply for the Sapphire Preferred.  My husband was like Smiley Surprised because our "current" credit history is not that long.  The banker said let's do an app right now.  Just like that, APPROVED.  My being the FICO® afficianado, asked what the limit was and, when the banker said we would have to wait till we get our cards to find out, I said -- I don't think so -- let's call in and find out.  So, he called in and said, your credit limit is $5,000 -- my husband and I both nearly fainted.  My husband had some time before he had to go to work so, feeling ultra pumped, we came on home from the bank and, he apped online with USAA -- APPROVED, Discover --APPROVED, our local Credit Union (Credit Union of Southern California) --APPROVED and, after he got to work, he went online and apped for American Express Zinc and that came back APPROVED also.  

Smiley Surprised  

For sure now -- it is GARDEN TIME for us! 

Message 47 of 394
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Still here.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 48 of 394
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi  Everyone

Along with doing some real gardening at home, I am also doing some credit gardening, I have a few weeds that I want to pull, and let the rest of my garden grow. Scores EQ 660 and TU 652, Exp Fako 674.  I am trying to stay in garden till next may, with the exception of a possible car loan, current vehicle has 201000 miles.  New tires and shocks today to the tune of $1350.00  ouch!!!!

Weeds that I want to pluck are FP, Fingerhut, applied bank and credit one and possilby a few  orchard bank cards with low limits. I have some baddies on my report that I will have to let age off. I have goodwilled to the point of being threatened with a harassment charge from FP if I continue. LOL.   I have tried GW'ing nelnet and midland without success. Will continue to GW them. I also have a few paid public records that I will try to have removed.

I so much next year would like to apply for a prime card. I have the l Barclay, Cap 1, Orchard, Lowes, Walmart, Pennys, Macy's, Old Navy, Sams, Kohl's, Care Credit, Lowes, Paypal, Firestone, american eagle cards, which I am proud to have because 2 years ago I couldn't get anything. My equifax score in August of 2010 was 523, my progress has been slow but steady, hopefully in a couple of years I will have a A.E. and discover. Best wishes to everyone, I am so thankful that I found MY FICO what a wonderful group of people. Thanks to everyone and all the help you have given me since last august.  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 49 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I am just chillin in the garden.  I am all moved into my new place... well still unpacking.  I will admit I am tempted to do an app and get some furniture for the new place, but...  Well that is a long story, I have my doubts about getting stuff for reasons other than credit and hard pulls...  so I hope I can just avoid temptation and chill Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 394
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.