Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2014

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Hello, fellow Garderners!

Checking in for the month of March.  I am 13 days away from earning my Silver Spade.  Wohoo!  I have also raised my EQ FICO score 70 points since Nov 30, 2013.  

Goals are to stay in the garden until at least Jun to bring my UTL down and apply for a NFCU CC (hopefully unsecured) and their NAVCHECK.

Good luck to everyone.  Stay strong and disciplined.

Rob.

Welcome to the garden Rob! I know you have heard how generous NFCU can be with their initial CL. Best wishes for a happy and healthy relationship between you and NFCU.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 61 of 9,162
YahComb
Established Contributor

last month reached gold status for the first time since beginning my credit journey.

Today i took a TU hp from BOA to go from 6K to 10.5K, worth it to break into 5 digit territory. Was able to get discover from 4K to 7.5K and then to 9K on softpulls also within the last week.

Whats funny is the first cli happened right before the statement cut"(25th of each month), so i would expect it not to show up on my CR's until this months statement since discover skips a statement . However i got the second cli after the statement, so i wonder if they're going to delay reporting again, and end up not reporting until april. I was on zero balance reporting, so i don't care either way, but i think it would be funny if i go 3 months without a CR update.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 62 of 9,162
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

how long do should i garden for? i have 4 hard pulls on my account and low credit card limits. i would like to pick up a card or two more to raise my CL.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 63 of 9,162
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Monthly accountability post:

Things are going well here.  I'll pick up my silver spade on 3/7/14, and I'm sitting tight just working on paying down debt.  

Here's a short recap of my most recent post in last month's gardening thread, as it was a good example of gardening success.

Within the past month I received SP CLIs on the following cards:

Simplicity:       $7000 --> $9800

Discover It:     $15000 --> $17,500

BoA Travel Rewards:  $12,000 --> $20, 000

Hope everyone is doing well... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 64 of 9,162
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

how long do should i garden for? i have 4 hard pulls on my account and low credit card limits. i would like to pick up a card or two more to raise my CL.

With the prime cards you already have listed in your signature, and with your low AAoA, if it were me I would just sit tight for another 6 months and get your AAoA up to about 1 year.  That will allow some of your recent inquiries to age as well, and will demonstrate that you are responsible with what you already have.  

Spend that time researching which cards will actually meet your needs, rather than applying indiscriminately for just anything.  You will then be in a great position to apply for/acquire the cards you really want, with good starting CLs.

Good luck.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 65 of 9,162
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Hi Everyone--

Checking in for March, and waiting to see how much snow we get.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Message 66 of 9,162
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

With the prime cards you already have listed in your signature, and with your low AAoA, if it were me I would just sit tight for another 6 months and get your AAoA up to about 1 year.  That will allow some of your recent inquiries to age as well, and will demonstrate that you are responsible with what you already have.  

Spend that time researching which cards will actually meet your needs, rather than applying indiscriminately for just anything.  You will then be in a great position to apply for/acquire the cards you really want, with good starting CLs.

Good luck.Smiley Happy

Thanks im looking to max out my cash back on all purchases so haveing a decient portfolio of cards will help. (i think)

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 67 of 9,162
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Hello, fellow Garderners!

Checking in for the month of March.  I am 13 days away from earning my Silver Spade.  Wohoo!  I have also raised my EQ FICO score 70 points since Nov 30, 2013.  

Goals are to stay in the garden until at least Jun to bring my UTL down and apply for a NFCU CC (hopefully unsecured) and their NAVCHECK.

Good luck to everyone.  Stay strong and disciplined.

Rob.

Congratulations on the score bump! That is wonderful! I hope we can help support  you in any way to make sure you   meet your goals!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 68 of 9,162
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

last month reached gold status for the first time since beginning my credit journey.

Today i took a TU hp from BOA to go from 6K to 10.5K, worth it to break into 5 digit territory. Was able to get discover from 4K to 7.5K and then to 9K on softpulls also within the last week.

Whats funny is the first cli happened right before the statement cut"(25th of each month), so i would expect it not to show up on my CR's until this months statement since discover skips a statement . However i got the second cli after the statement, so i wonder if they're going to delay reporting again, and end up not reporting until april. I was on zero balance reporting, so i don't care either way, but i think it would be funny if i go 3 months without a CR update.

Congratulations (briefly!) on Gold and your credit limit increase! I hope that they report it for you soon!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 69 of 9,162
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@notfancy

Hey, girlfriend--

How's it going?  I'm not here for long.  Bouncing to watch "In the Heat of the Night."

Message 70 of 9,162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.