Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 111 of 296
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

this may be a little harder then i thought ..

app filled out for WFBS

finger on the submit 

i am sronger then this :]

i have been clean almost a month now

Message 112 of 296
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@mrcrush20 wrote:

this may be a little harder then i thought ..

app filled out for WFBS

finger on the submit 

i am sronger then this :]

i have been clean almost a month now

Congrats on not apping Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 113 of 296
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

my fiance was approved for $2500 to start with on NFCU Smiley Happy  was hoping for a higher limit, but I'm pleased that he was approved!

Heh,so he did pull the trigger after all, congrats!  Considering he didn't want a CC in the first place, I suspect he'll have an easy time of gardening for however long is needed.

        
Message 114 of 296
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yep; I mentioned that nfcu did auto clis and he was like babe, I'm not worried about limits or increases or none of that... he actually would prefer not to have a high limit. Silly joey. Ccs are for clis Smiley Happy We are happily in the garden. He will have only 1 inq after may 27 (he bought dodge 5/27/11) and I still have multitudes of them

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 115 of 296
quest208
Frequent Contributor

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been gone for months.

DW and i bought a weeping birch for our garden, some climbing roses, peonies, bluberry bushes, hostas, bleeding hearts, elephant ears, and the list stretches on.  we've been putting down vegetable seeds and preparing for this year's warm spring/summer season.  the flowers and plants out in the back garden are looking lovely as ever, wifey is happy, im happy when she's happy!

mowed the front lawn and worked on some patches, weeds, etc.  the weeds are keeping me busy but the grass is looking greener than ever.  the grass out back could use some help though but that's a project for next year.

my cards are right out back growing as good as ever.  roots are maturing, my USAA plant has about 6 months in now with history of strong roots.  since some inquiries have fallen off, im using them as mulch and compost.  garden is looking better and better with my inquiry mulch and compost.

no lates, payments on time, no new inquiries since january, i'd say im a happy man.  my barclay card does have a high balance right now, but when i come back from china i'll probably transfer that balance to USAA then pay that one card down since i have no other balances, probably take me into late summer to get to 0 balance at which point i want to appy for amex platinum or the mercedes benz amex, chase freedom, and or barclay ring card, target (i shop at target ALOT), home depot (i shop here alot too,)

i think im going to narrow my choices to about two cards but right now im just enjoying my garden, i am in NO rush to apply for anything, my discipline has kept me in check!

happy gardening everyone, stay strong, please have some of the cookies that wifey baked, and next weekend come on over to see our vegetable garden.

happy summer! 

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 116 of 296
quest208
Frequent Contributor

oh yeah, i want to get rid of the toy cards.  i dont remember the last time i used my office depot card and i definitely will not pay an annual fee on orchard.  best buy is stingy with credit limit, soon as i get an amex approval they are getting a permanent injunction, a divorce, a restraining order and kicked to the curb all on the same day!!!

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 117 of 296
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@quest208 wrote:

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been gone for months.

DW and i bought a weeping birch for our garden, some climbing roses, peonies, bluberry bushes, hostas, bleeding hearts, elephant ears, and the list stretches on.  we've been putting down vegetable seeds and preparing for this year's warm spring/summer season.  the flowers and plants out in the back garden are looking lovely as ever, wifey is happy, im happy when she's happy!

mowed the front lawn and worked on some patches, weeds, etc.  the weeds are keeping me busy but the grass is looking greener than ever.  the grass out back could use some help though but that's a project for next year.

my cards are right out back growing as good as ever.  roots are maturing, my USAA plant has about 6 months in now with history of strong roots.  since some inquiries have fallen off, im using them as mulch and compost.  garden is looking better and better with my inquiry mulch and compost.

no lates, payments on time, no new inquiries since january, i'd say im a happy man.  my barclay card does have a high balance right now, but when i come back from china i'll probably transfer that balance to USAA then pay that one card down since i have no other balances, probably take me into late summer to get to 0 balance at which point i want to appy for amex platinum or the mercedes benz amex, chase freedom, and or barclay ring card, target (i shop at target ALOT), home depot (i shop here alot too,)

i think im going to narrow my choices to about two cards but right now im just enjoying my garden, i am in NO rush to apply for anything, my discipline has kept me in check!

happy gardening everyone, stay strong, please have some of the cookies that wifey baked, and next weekend come on over to see our vegetable garden.

happy summer! 

Welcome back!!! Sounds like you're doing well. Happy to hear that your garden has been prospering.

And please thank your wife for the cookies... yum!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 118 of 296
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I'm officially Back in the Garden Smiley Happy I closed on my house 4/27 and briefly left the garden to trim some weeds and buy newer more long term plants. I picked up the following plants:

Barclay's Reward MC $3000 Limit

Rooms to Go $3000 Limit

Walmart $700

I axed the following weeds:

Credit One

First Premier CC

In addition to the new cards above, I also have Kohl's $1000, Amex Oasis $600, CapOne NHR $1250. I froze my EQ CR as it's my lowest Score and app'd for the Discover More. They didn't want to pull TU instead so I took that as a sign to tend to my garden. I was hoping to add Discover so that I can close my Amex Optima and app for the Amex Green. Currently I have 2 medical collections that I'm waiting to be removed, so that should give my score a jump. Once I'm able to I'll pay off and get removed my final 2 medical collections and next year all of my baddies will fall off and I'll have totally clean reports!!!

My updated scores are in my sigy. I'm sure I'll see a drop once my INQ's and 30% util reports, but once I pay that down I hope to be in the higher 700s. Also, my mortgage is now reporting and that gave me a significant score jump.

I've got my tools and a plan so now I'm gardening away! Can't wait to see my crops for next year Smiley Very Happy

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 119 of 296
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@ReBuildingAgn wrote:

I'm officially Back in the Garden Smiley Happy I closed on my house 4/27 and briefly left the garden to trim some weeds and buy newer more long term plants. I picked up the following plants:

Barclay's Reward MC $3000 Limit

Rooms to Go $3000 Limit

Walmart $700

I axed the following weeds:

Credit One

First Premier CC

In addition to the new cards above, I also have Kohl's $1000, Amex Oasis $600, CapOne NHR $1250. I froze my EQ CR as it's my lowest Score and app'd for the Discover More. They didn't want to pull TU instead so I took that as a sign to tend to my garden. I was hoping to add Discover so that I can close my Amex Optima and app for the Amex Green. Currently I have 2 medical collections that I'm waiting to be removed, so that should give my score a jump. Once I'm able to I'll pay off and get removed my final 2 medical collections and next year all of my baddies will fall off and I'll have totally clean reports!!!

My updated scores are in my sigy. I'm sure I'll see a drop once my INQ's and 30% util reports, but once I pay that down I hope to be in the higher 700s. Also, my mortgage is now reporting and that gave me a significant score jump.

I've got my tools and a plan so now I'm gardening away! Can't wait to see my crops for next year Smiley Very Happy

Good for you! It's such a good feeling to pull up the weeds and add more attractive seedlings. You have a nice collection of cards to tend to now. Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 120 of 296
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.