Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2012

@ LS, I think that is a wonderful suggestion. No wonder you are the ruler over Oz. I so will join this theory. I am ready to relax my fingers from the keyboards.
Message 291 of 296
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Checking in...I am still in the garden for a little over a month now.  I don't have the app itch but I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on the Amex CLI.  They only approved a $1000 increase. I realize it's better than a denial but I honestly should have waited.  I am kinda beating myself up on that one.  It almost would have felt better to get the score. I was excited to see it as I felt it would be an instant denial.  So I am stuck here for a while unless Chase or Barclays show love in the passing months (seriously doubt that).  For now I am gonna just garden and continue paying down my Citi card.  That's about it for me.....

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 292 of 296
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I have a challenge for all my fellow gardeners...

Your 1st post on the June thread you set a hard date and put it in your siggy and we'll see who can keep to their word!!

Smiley Happy

Are we allowed an undefined asterisk?

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 293 of 296
CFAN
Valued Member

Ok.  The itch bit me right after my last post.

Apped for Discover More.  Denied TU pull 652 score on the denial letter.  Recon'd and still denied due to recent bk.
Apped for Barclays Apple - Approved! $2K.  Not sure if they pulled TU or Experian. Will find out tomorrow.

Really stoked about the 2k Barclays, but feeling a little guilty for scratching the itch.

Gardening until September 13th when we go for the FHA Loan.

Message 294 of 296
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Well all hope was not lost....I did get a score from Amex because they did not approve the limit I requested.  At least that makes me feel a little better.  It seems I was accurate in my thought that I should have waited though. The only key factor they gave me for not approving my request was "The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short." On the bright side, I went up 8 points since Feb. to 739 so I am making some progress.  Though EX still seems to not like me very much, lol. Anyway, I will be happy and just get back to gardening.  Sprinkling some fertilizer on everyone's garden!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 295 of 296
morganirish
Regular Contributor

I have been in the garden, out of the garden, but I think I am here to stay this time.  My last cc apps was in Dec. 11 for Amex and Discover.  This month I took out a personal loan of $2900. so that my daughter can go to Spain-  and right now "short account history is the only thing affecting my score.   I am hoping that I won't have to apply for anything for at least a year. 

Message 296 of 296
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.