Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@CREDITSURFER

IMO, let those cc's graduate, hopefully you will receive an auto CLI and after that reports you can address adding new cc's to your portfolio.
Message 981 of 2,553
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

So I got my Chase Freedom card in today! and I admit, is a really pretty looking card, and now is probably the one I am going to use the most. I typically pay my statement balances a day or two before they cut so I think they'll be happy ( I hear they like people who always PIF, and they gave me a good limit as well.) I also got my credit score with them, and just as I thought, they pulled EX (bummer really, I was hoping they were going to pull TU or EQ, but everybody pulls EX in socal..lol). But what stood out was, I forgot to leave a balance back in March, and In april I applied for the BCE, and since I was rejected, I got my credit score and a SP. My EX score then was 715. When I applied on the 1st, they calculated my score, which was 736! Now, all that's left is my application tommorow. Should I try once again for the BCE? Or try for the Delta and then hopefully PC it later on? And also, I logged on to my Chase account, and it is not letting me see my statement cut date either, so I don't know when it'll be (is there anyway to do it online or do I have to call them, in order for them to set my statement cut date?) Other then that, I'm coming back to the garden and myjourney I'm hoping to bring back an Amex, and Lexie, I'll bring the cake as well (I love Ice cream cake)! My credit journey is pretty much complete if I am approved tommorow. If not, I'll wait a few months and try again. (it's been a month since I applied...BUT, I'd rather wait until the 31st day to apply..lol.) 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 982 of 2,553
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Woo Hoo! Just found out my TU is clear of all adverse accounts! Hopefully, it fell off in time for the WalMart TU CS this month! I'm so excited!

That's great news! Congrats!

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 983 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bluesnowman

You can send them a secure message if you don't want to call. They are really quick in responding. Yep, EX here in SoCal!

Good luck on the Amex- go for the card you want BCE.

I'll be waiting for my slice! Lol
Message 984 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ceemee2203

Thanks! I thought May would never get here!
Message 985 of 2,553
culture
Regular Contributor

hello everyone... busy day  today......

I have seen so many post of people getting their Amex shipped overnight ... is that something the usually do or You have to ask for it  ?

Message 986 of 2,553
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@CREDITSURFER

IMO, let those cc's graduate, hopefully you will receive an auto CLI and after that reports you can address adding new cc's to your portfolio.

So u say wait until end of 3/1/14 for them both to graduate before appling for more? I see lots of others with secure cards getting other cards within less than 6 months. I have no lates on all cc's, and auto, and current inquiries are 3 TU, 5 EX, and 7 EQ. and in Sept. 7 inquiries will drop off.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 987 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

So I got my Chase Freedom card in today! and I admit, is a really pretty looking card, and now is probably the one I am going to use the most. I typically pay my statement balances a day or two before they cut so I think they'll be happy ( I hear they like people who always PIF, and they gave me a good limit as well.) I also got my credit score with them, and just as I thought, they pulled EX (bummer really, I was hoping they were going to pull TU or EQ, but everybody pulls EX in socal..lol). But what stood out was, I forgot to leave a balance back in March, and In april I applied for the BCE, and since I was rejected, I got my credit score and a SP. My EX score then was 715. When I applied on the 1st, they calculated my score, which was 736! Now, all that's left is my application tommorow. Should I try once again for the BCE? Or try for the Delta and then hopefully PC it later on? And also, I logged on to my Chase account, and it is not letting me see my statement cut date either, so I don't know when it'll be (is there anyway to do it online or do I have to call them, in order for them to set my statement cut date?) Other then that, I'm coming back to the garden and myjourney I'm hoping to bring back an Amex, and Lexie, I'll bring the cake as well (I love Ice cream cake)! My credit journey is pretty much complete if I am approved tommorow. If not, I'll wait a few months and try again. (it's been a month since I applied...BUT, I'd rather wait until the 31st day to apply..lol.) 

Lol duly noted (then back to the garden)  Lol

Just me but when I app amex in a month or so I'm going for the double app trick meaning

A charge then if approved immediately app BCE

or the other route 

easiest revolver to get Delta and then app BCE

Jury still out tho which way to go..

Yeah yeah I know I'm no help Lmao

Probably need a sugar fix hint (cake)

Good luck you know we have fingers crossed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 988 of 2,553
Stralem
Established Contributor

Heh.

I was getting ready to cancel my Barclays NFL Extra Points card and move the CL over to my Apple Visa when I decided to request a CLI online just for the hell of it. What was one more INQ when I already had 9 to deal with?

So I asked for $1000 increase. A nice round number to hopefully have it match the Apple card. That didn't go through, but the system countered with $600. I accepted, of course, and my CL was immediately bumped up to $1100. Now I can actually use this thing for more than latenight jaunts to Taco Bell.*

The best part is that it looks like they only performed a soft pull. Nice.

So it looks like I'll be keeping this card for a little while longer. As far as I'm concerned, Barclay's is A-OK.

* Well... Mostly just to help out with overall utilization percentage. It's my second-least used card.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 989 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Woo Hoo! Just found out my TU is clear of all adverse accounts! Hopefully, it fell off in time for the WalMart TU CS this month! I'm so excited!

Lets party Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 990 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.