Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club Meeting - May 2013

@RTOrockstar

Ouch! Look at it this way, you've come to the right place for help.
Message 1501 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Proper gardening pays in spades and total CL’s  quite a crop I harvested in  just the last 2 weeks, won’t even mention all the CLI love I got in the last 5 months the last 2 weeks is amazing enough.  

Six Comenity store cards yes too many of them but All growing via SP’s and have no AF I think 3 or 4 of these were through the shopping cart trick so no HP either,    6x $200  CLI’s for a total of $1200 CLI

Wal-Mart Store card $800 CLI

Amex BCP   $4800 CLI

Left the garden for 10 minutes today, applied for AMEX Hilton Rewards Surpass Approved $5500 CL almost instant got the 7-10 day message and the approval email within 5 minutes.

Total new CL and CLI in the last 2 weeks  $12,300, only 1 HP, and a new 2 year old TL on my credit report which should help my AAoA. In 3 months all TL will be reporting at least 1 year of age.

Nice 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1502 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 1503 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 1504 of 2,553
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Think I need the anklet (HAHAHA)  Not really but sorta.

I posted in my IRS lien thread about my flustrating at waiting.

BUT in the mail I did receive a PREQUALIFIED from GE/Walmart.  Not preapproved but fully qualified flyer says to just accept and find out my limit etc. 

Now 2 reasons that this is cool

1 is cause at the end of december after my move I was buying a washer and dryer and GE declined me at the register.  So obviously some change in my report made them happy

2 it just makes me happy

BUT also 2 reasons why I can't accept (at least not this month) (it is valid thru June the offer)

1 I didn't want to apply for anything till the lien went away to hope for higher CL

2 I am in the middle of my intentional High Util time when I paid off the 30% loan with my Cap One 0% and it won't be paid off till the end of May which means the CS won't bounce up till after Cap One cuts early June.

I am going to post another question about this in the open forum as a seperate post.  But as I said at the beginning I needed the ankle bracelet to stay in the garden for abut 30 seconds while I hesitated.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1505 of 2,553
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Think I need the anklet (HAHAHA)  Not really but sorta.

I posted in my IRS lien thread about my flustrating at waiting.

BUT in the mail I did receive a PREQUALIFIED from GE/Walmart.  Not preapproved but fully qualified flyer says to just accept and find out my limit etc. 

Now 2 reasons that this is cool

1 is cause at the end of december after my move I was buying a washer and dryer and GE declined me at the register.  So obviously some change in my report made them happy

2 it just makes me happy

BUT also 2 reasons why I can't accept (at least not this month) (it is valid thru June the offer)

1 I didn't want to apply for anything till the lien went away to hope for higher CL

2 I am in the middle of my intentional High Util time when I paid off the 30% loan with my Cap One 0% and it won't be paid off till the end of May which means the CS won't bounce up till after Cap One cuts early June.

I am going to post another question about this in the open forum as a seperate post.  But as I said at the beginning I needed the ankle bracelet to stay in the garden for abut 30 seconds while I hesitated.

RED ALERT

RED ALERT

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1506 of 2,553
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@RTOrockstar

Ouch! Look at it this way, you've come to the right place for help.

Yea, I'm in good company.

Message 1507 of 2,553
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@TimeToRecover

Really? Not worth the shock those anklets give off!
Message 1508 of 2,553
rtw
Established Contributor

132 days in the garden!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 1509 of 2,553
Kysmet10
Valued Member

Ok; so I had to book a hotel for a trip this summer with Choice Hotels.  I've started using Ebates.com to get cash back and I decided to sign up for Choice Privileges (I sign up for all hotel and flight reward cards lol).  Of course I get the Choice Privileges Visa pop up.  I wont lie, I was tempted and hesitated while hovering over the Apply button; however I resisted the urge (whew!). 

Meanwhile, my credit scores have jumped on both myFICO and my Walmart TU scores!  The first jump came about a week ago as they recovered from my app spree in Feb/March.  Then I received an email late last night from myFICO that there was a change in score.  My score increased by an additional 9 points.  I am finally understanding credit card utilization and it's role in your credit scores and I'm good with this gardening gig for a while.  Thanks much to everyone for advice, support, and lessons learned!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Tending to my garden for six (6) months October 2013 - April 2014
Message 1510 of 2,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.