Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - November 2011

tag
Makin_the_Climb
Established Member

Re: Garden Club Meeting - November 2011

Hi, I have been in the gardening mode for a little while since I bought a home in Dec of 2010. But life happened and I had to buy a new car in August 2011 and while I was at it I figured why not app for a couple of cards… So I got a Discover card and the Harley Davidson Rewards US Bank Visa (Sharp looking Card. I think) . I will let them age for a while along with the others I have and get my UTLI down to 9% before I app for an AMEX. (dont really know why i want an AMEX... I JUST WANT IT! LOL)

My garden:

WF Plat 6000

Discover 2500

HD Rewards US Bank 3500

Shell Gas card 425

JCP 1800

Household Bank 3000

BoA Cash rewards 2100

Target Visa 600 (Yeah I know but it’s been open since 2003)

Chase 600 (this is my first CC was actually from Providian way back when… But it’s been open since 2001. So it just keeps my socks company)

WF wanted to give me an interest rate for my car of 15.9%, Tried them first because I have my Mortgage, Checking, Savings and a CC with them. Car Dealer went through BB&T and I got 3.84% on my car… What a difference! I have a paid and a unpaid collection on my reports and a couple of 30 day lates that are from years agothat  I am going to try and get off early while I am in the garden All will be gone by this time 2012 anyways. 

My scores I can get from here Trans is 703 and Eq is 683.

Good luck everyone and Happy Gardening!

Starting Score: TU 754 EQ 705 EX 680 (AmEx pull)
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 711 as of Jan 28, 2013 EX 680
Goal Score: 800 across the board with utilization down from 28%

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 188
jla84
Regular Contributor

So, I've lapsed once again! Was online shopping at The Avenue and staring me in the face at checkout was "You've been pre-approved for our credit card with CL $750!" So I took it. lol. Looks like they use WFNNB so that's another EX inq. Smiley Sad 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 188
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Tinuviel.

Message 63 of 188
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

As pathetic as this might sound, I'm currently gardening with 1 cc (cap1 with a 500 CL). I'm trying like heck to clean my reports but can't for the life of me get into prime territory. So relunctantly I'm gardening with 1 rebuilder card LOL. It's tough but I'm holding off on unneccessary inq's when I know they'll result in declines.

Welcome to the garden club, I guess.

Smiley Sad

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 64 of 188
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

As pathetic as this might sound, I'm currently gardening with 1 cc (cap1 with a 500 CL). I'm trying like heck to clean my reports but can't for the life of me get into prime territory. So relunctantly I'm gardening with 1 rebuilder card LOL. It's tough but I'm holding off on unneccessary inq's when I know they'll result in declines.

Smiley Sad

Everyone starts someplace.

I started rebuilding with a $500 card from 5th3rd bank and AU on a card DGF held. Now I have $32K between Citi, Chase, Amex , and USAA.

It just takes time, patience, and buttloads of discipline. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 65 of 188
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Smiley Sad

Don't worry I gardened a subprime card for 4 years thinking it would grow... That was before I knew about MyFico Smiley Very Happy anywho keep it up it will be a short few months!!!

As for me I'm forced into gardening due to my credit union card reporting 15 days before the close date Smiley Mad I bought my wife a laptop, had a balance on the card for 7 days then PIF... My CU reports within a 3 week window! At the present moment, my utilization is over 20% and I'm not happy about it...

In October I added 1 Amex charge and 1 Barclay Amex Credit card based off of the information found in these forums!!! I planned on requesting a CLI with the CU card this month but I will hold off until next month! The subprime card is still the "little person" in my garden and will be snipped next year when the AF rolls around!

Message 66 of 188
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

So how many new accounts is "too many" I've been trying to figure this out. I have 4 new accounts in the last 6 months. Any experiences with any of you having a bank CLD or close your accounts due to "too many" new accounts? I was wanting to pick up 1 last card, a Chase freedom before I garden for a few months!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 67 of 188
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Smiley Sad

Hey, I had just my Plat Cap 1 for two years -- gardening gardening gardening -- and in one day I was approved for Amex BCP and Chase Freedom. So, stay here and you'll be happy!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 68 of 188
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Hey, I had just my Plat Cap 1 for two years -- gardening gardening gardening -- and in one day I was approved for Amex BCP and Chase Freedom. So, stay here and you'll be happy!

Ahh, both cards I wanted to pick up! What are your scores, inq, etc if you don't mind?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 69 of 188
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

Gardening ended early. I apped for a VS card, was approved for $750 CL. I'm done for now. There isn't anything else I want. I'll get good use out of this as VS is where I buy those necessities. How are they with CLIs? 

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 70 of 188
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.