tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

@tcbofade wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

Today is only the first of the month, and I'm #42 to post???

YAY Y'all!

Last app in my signature...I'm creeping up on 60 days app freeSmiley Happy

Good for you!  Smiley Happy

How's the payoff plan working?

Slowly but surely.  We've still got ten accounts paid to zero, and I'm hoping to get another one paid off this month so that we can stay ahead of schedule...

Excellent! Good for you and keep that train rolling!

PS: Still have not shaved my legs...   Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 51 of 338
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

YAY Y'all!

Slowly but surely.  We've still got ten accounts paid to zero, and I'm hoping to get another one paid off this month so that we can stay ahead of schedule...

And we're all very happy that you've not... Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 52 of 338
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

YAY Y'all!

And we're all very happy that you've not... Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 53 of 338
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I really thought that yesterday (October 1st) I would be brandishing a new bronze spade.  My last app was for a new car purchase on August 31st.  Yesterday I received an email from Costco promoting the Amex Costco TE card with a $50 offer if you spend $500 in 90 days.  This is the second time in two months that I have received an email about this card.  Sadly, I went for it.....and so now the clock has been reset for the bronze spade acquisition.

Gardening......day 1.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 54 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

I really thought that yesterday (October 1st) I would be brandishing a new bronze spade.  My last app was for a new car purchase on August 31st.  Yesterday I received an email from Costco promoting the Amex Costco TE card with a $50 offer if you spend $500 in 90 days.  This is the second time in two months that I have received an email about this card.  Sadly, I went for it.....and so now the clock has been reset for the bronze spade acquisition.

Gardening......day 1.

well costco is a great card to have ontop of all the other amex's =) 

gotta start somewhere right? 

no inquries but my score did drop. amex reported (0 balance charge card) but i took the aaoa hit. 

on the other hand i got a soft cli on walmart from 800 to 3k cant wait till that reports. 

now i can charge even more to pif before it reports....

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 55 of 338
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

1 1/2 months since I've last apped.... Man, I want to so bad now, but I'll wait, especially with all my recent inq's... hmm, I Can't help but think that if my car still hasn't reported in december I may try for one more unsecured cc and kill capitol one.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 56 of 338
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

I'm still here. Been gardening since May 2012, think I may be leaving this month for the American Airlines cards from Citi. We'll see.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 57 of 338
Radio_Radiation
Established Member

I'm  in the gaden, working on lowering my inquiries.

Exp: 4 - all of these are from 2011 (july - December)

Equ: 7-  3 are dated 12/2011, 4 are dated between 6/2012 -7/2012

TU:5 - 3 are dated 12/2011,  2 are dated 6/2012 & 7/2012

Fako Ex: 743, Fako Eq: 734 Fako TU: 748
I'm BACK in the Garden (App free since 01/02/2013)

Message 58 of 338
localuser
Regular Contributor

FAKO score went up by 7 with the Addition of the Wifes Slate to my card.  I am still waiting for the Cap1 to show up.  I will be right up 30% with the debt/credit.  So down up goes the debt and up the credit. 

Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 59 of 338
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@apandabear wrote:

Still in the garden. Been here since May 15th of this year. Sometimes it's hard, but there are many good reasons for staying put.

I finished SL rehab in late September!! I wonder if getting my loans assigned to a lender will lead to HPs..? I sure hope not!! Either way, that was my last piece of rebuilding (gave up on GWs). Once my SL gets picked up again, every open account I have will be current. Everything closed would have a paid balance. No delinquencies! 

Come November/December, I might choose to leave the garden... But this was planned. I will be purchasing a car, and while I haven't decided if I'm going new or used, I'm leaning toward new. By November I will have $8k cash in the bank for downpayment. Selling my clunker (privately) I hope will get me $2k. So that's $10k for downpayment on my dream car (2012 Toyota hybrid, haha). On the other hand, that would buy me a not-so-POS used car, owned outright. Decisions, decisions.

Not looking at app-ing for anything else this year. When I do go car shopping, I plan on getting all my apps in within a 2-day time frame.

I know this is a late reply, but those new loans may or may not lead to HPs, but they will likely lead to new accounts on your credit report.  Depending on what is reported for open date, it may actually help your AAoA, albeit artificially.  Good luck with continuing your credit journey, and make sure to tell us all about the new car in the auto forum (regardless of new or used).

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 60 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.