Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Bah!

I have major app itch right now. No clue why, I just want to apply for something for the hell of it. Smiley Tongue Time to go water some plants or something xD

#AddictedToCredit

Message 61 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Bah!

I have major app itch right now. No clue why, I just want to apply for something for the hell of it. Smiley Tongue Time to go water some plants or something xD

#AddictedToCredit

its funny. 

i only get the itch to app when im on here. 

what did we ever do before getting credit cards. =|

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 62 of 338
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Bah!

#AddictedToCredit

its funny. 

i only get the itch to app when im on here. 

what did we ever do before getting credit cards. =|

...Crack.....

jk Smiley Tongue That what credit cards are to me though, my crack Smiley Tongue

All this talk of the zync being gone makes me want to app for an amex card, though I know I would get denied...I just want an amex so badly. Smiley Tongue 

Message 63 of 338
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Well it's been a bit since I have been up here. I am still gardening. I should be achieving my gold spade on the 20th of this month. I have seen many positive changes on my credit profile with EQ but not really TU. Of course EX I have no idea about. But I am really on a quest to see just how high my score will get by year's end. Maybe I can get my siggy goal.... I think I will be shedding Care Credit come January and maybe apping for Discover or something. Since the card is not in my rotation it hasn't really proved useful to me for quite some time. I got no love from Barclays at my 6 month mark. I charge consistently but pay off the balance before statement closing. Maybe once I let a balance linger they will like me more. I will experiment with that. My next 6 month marker with Citi is next month but I don't think I will go for a CLI on that one. Other than that there is really nothing left to do. I may refinance my house next year so I will just chill out until then. I hope everyone's gardens are flourishing!
Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 64 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I join the garden if I'm apping for a mortgage, but not credit cards? Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 338
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I join the garden if I'm apping for a mortgage, but not credit cards? Smiley Happy

I don't think so Smiley Tongue Since it is technically a new account on your CRs. I know they allow things like an inq from an apartment if they require it before they let you live there, but I think anything that involves a new account, or a CLI or something will result in loss of your gardener status Smiley Tongue 

Message 66 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boo..haha, oh well. After the house and the ditching of sub-prime and (hopefully) Lowes and Chase, I'm done...and then I'll join! Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you can have a seedling until you actually app =) 

everyone has their reasons for leaving the garden. 

buying a home is ok to leave the garden for. its the largest or second largest purchase someone can make. 

as for me just went over my amex credit reports and i have a whopping 23 inq. spread across my reports 15(7 of them are from a car loan) of them from jun 15 till aug 30th this summer :EEEKS: 

i realized now i dont care what it is im not apping for anything. then amex true earnings and thats all the cards i need. 

going to get my diamond or i guess that would mean a platinum spade. and my aaoa will shoot up obvi to over 2 years =). plus amex backdate helps a little if they are still doing that. 

im still going to wallow over getting my util under 9% though.

its at 12 now but by the 15th will be 7%. (monthly spending that hasnt been paid yet.) 

ill be exited to get my travel expense reimbursment next week plus my paid holiday holiday over time and sunday and over time this week. half is going to savings and half is going to get me to 1% util. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 68 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

THe 23 makes me feel a little better about my 12 Smiley Wink A few are over 1 year, but still. And we're in underwriting now..

Message 69 of 338
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've got like 15 on each of my reports, so don't feel bad Smiley Tongue Quite a few are past the one year mark though Smiley Very Happy

Message 70 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.