Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

@webhopper wrote:
Inquiries falling off yay!

Tomorrow I will gain my bronze star for the 3rd time in the last six months.... at least all of the mortgage inquiries are falling off!

congrats! im waiting to see how my auto inq take effect on my fico. since its been two weeks since i apped them. 

as for pre approval. 

got one for cap one plat no annual fee 22.9% apr which they claim is their lowest! lol. 

my dad got the same letter but i didnt open it. 

i dont want to advise him though for it. he only has one revolving account. carecredit 3500 limit  2.5 years old and that's it. 3 inq. denied due to verification issues but hes cleared that up(ssn was less then a year old) 

can christmas already come guys? mine will be in july this year! (since ive started paying attention to my credit!.)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 171 of 338
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

6 months app free..........feeling pretty good.........Smiley Very Happy

Hey!  Get your gold spade in your siggy... Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 172 of 338
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Just stopping by to say hello.

I made it past the 60 day mark!  woohoo!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 173 of 338
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

how much effect do installment loans really have on a score? and is it counted in aaoa? 

my auto loan finally reported. 

and my walmart fico only dropped 4 points. 

im itching to pull my reports here but waiting for 2 cards to report 0 and till my cb mc is paid off. 

Installment loans are factored into AAoA.  They factor heavily into mix of credit if you have no other on your report, and potentially two being open help as well anecdotally.

A more complete answer can be had over in the Understanding FICO forum if you want, but generally speaking have auto and mortgage loans reporting is nothing but goodness for one's FICO and future underwriting approvals.

Back on topic Gardening, think there's another week till I get my spade post-Zync (ok 8 days!), and I'm doing fine itch-wise by being kept so busy at work these days I'm not sure I remember how to breath let alone apply for a credit card sometimes.  Org chart got hit by a bomb or at least artillery shells and I'm stuck with an "interim" tag, great, just great.  Chargers-Saints all over again and I'm looking at 2nd and 37 hoping for a defensive illegal use of the hands... lightning doesn't strike twice I don't think.

        
Message 174 of 338
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Since I've gardened hard (well, relatively LOL)  I thought I'd make it official and join the club Smiley Wink   And pick up the silver spade if that's ok Smiley Happy  (seems to be a good reminder).

My last App and HP was 5-18-2012 for AMEX Blue (too bad the rules don't allow that to BD here as well LOL, before that was 12-2011), I hope the Walmart upgrade to WD doesn't count (no HP)....   No real time frame in mind other than raising my AAoA with no new TLs for a while and looking at either a AMEX TE later and Chase addition (unsure yet).

Seeing others in the garden helped me avoid apping for that 400$ cash back NFL temptation (looked, didn't fill out lol, UTIL was just too high to risk it but MAN who wasn't tempted?!).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 175 of 338
FrugalRican
Blogger

Starting over, for the long haul now.

Apped last week, but it was worth it. Moving into a new apartment next month, so the 400 statement credit will be nice for all the miscellaneous things we are going to need.

But, definitely am shying away from apping just for a sign-up bonus. It's a guaranteed way to kill your AAOA in the long term.

Lesson learned, but I know I don't need an "excellent" credit score for another few years. It just feels good to know I'm ahead of the game once the decision to buy a home comes around.

The garden is a great place to be for those planning for the non-immediate future!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 176 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Whooo hoo...  Bronze Spade again Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 177 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I received another SW today, and I received another 4 point boost, bringing my EQ to 714! That one may have been from an inq reaching a year old, as the anniversary was yesterday. I thought that it was included in yesterday's bump, but now I'm thinking otherwise. Without knowing exactly how FICO's algorithms work, it's hard to say. At any rate, I'm happy to watch inqs fade and/or drop off and my scores go back up!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 178 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Now that I have all four new cards reporting, I went back and checked my EQ reports to see the affect that my app spree had on my AAoA. At the beginning of August, my AAoA on EQ was 8 years 5 months; currently, it's 6 years 10 months. Still respectable, but still a hit. Fortunately, I had a bunch of old, closed out accounts still reporting plus my backdated Amex to buffer the effects. I'm glad that I didn't add any more than 4 cards at once and I don't have any plans to add any in the foreseeable future. I'll be looking at buying a new car sometime next year, but I'll be sitting here in the garden until then. All I really want to do at this point is enjoy my new cards and watch my AAoA and scores start to creep back up.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 179 of 338
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Now that I have all four new cards reporting, I went back and checked my EQ reports to see the affect that my app spree had on my AAoA. At the beginning of August, my AAoA on EQ was 8 years 5 months; currently, it's 6 years 10 months. Still respectable, but still a hit. Fortunately, I had a bunch of old, closed out accounts still reporting plus my backdated Amex to buffer the effects. I'm glad that I didn't add any more than 4 cards at once and I don't have any plans to add any in the foreseeable future. I'll be looking at buying a new car sometime next year, but I'll be sitting here in the garden until then. All I really want to do at this point is enjoy my new cards and watch my AAoA and scores start to creep back up.

Me too. I should not have fallen off the wagon to get that PayPal MC. But, at least I will catch some rewards (not very good ones) now when I was getting nothing before. It is money that I will spend anyhow, so why not.

As I look at my portfolio, I think I may be in the "axe" mode once again. We will see........

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 180 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.