Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

Discover is practically breaking down my door for me with their applications... I keep telling myself..

..App-free is the way to be!

Also, stay away from the wine and beer! No excuses ladies and gentlemen! Smiley Tongue

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 201 of 338
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I had a relapse and went drapping last night, darn you Makers Mark! I was approved for an NY Giants card offered by Barklays. If not anything I got my foot in the door there. I'm hoping it was a soft pull. I guess I'll wait till Monday or Tuesday to find out. So far I have Walmart, Amazon, Macy's and now the NY Giants card in my little garden. Already used Walmart and Amazon for small purchases and plan to PIF this week. Got to swear off the computer and the Makers Mark for a while.

Message 202 of 338
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Man i've been screwing up lately. I have to get back in here and stay grounded.

I took enough cream from the box to last for awhile, so my goal is 6 months. I dont need anything else but 6 month invervals is a good goal. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 203 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Back in the garden... applied for and approved for an auto loan through navy federal at 1.79%. to replace the car that was totalled back in august
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 204 of 338
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Back in the garden... applied for and approved for an auto loan through navy federal at 1.79%. to replace the car that was totalled back in august

Very nice APR!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 205 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Very nice APR!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! I owe it to my gardening friends. I have gone from over 15 inquiries on each report down to less than ten. The majority of my inquiries will be gone by February. By march I will have 2 on TU; 3 on EQ; and 1 on EX
FICO 9:

Message 206 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The two on TU are from mortgage refi and adding a security system The three on EQ are from mortgage refi; navcheck; and auto loan the one on EX is from mortgage refi. In the last 3 months ive only apped 2 times. In the last 6 months ive only apped 3 times.
FICO 9:

Message 207 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

Congratulations!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 208 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks tinuviel! It feels nice to get great rates for a change! I have never been approved for the best auto rates due to the unfortunate mishap with the.vehicle I was cosigner on of my ex husbands. Before that my age and lack of history kept me from getting the best rates. It feels nice to finally be in prime rate territory Smiley Happy This will be my first "new" car and it feels great! Volvo is going to fly us to Sweden to take overseas delivery and tour the factory. We may be taking advantage of a 3 nights in London or Stockholm add on... but that hasn't been agreed to by my husband yet Smiley Wink we could add on 3 nights in London which includes airfare for about 1200.
FICO 9:

Message 209 of 338
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks tinuviel! It feels nice to get great rates for a change! I have never been approved for the best auto rates due to the unfortunate mishap with the.vehicle I was cosigner on of my ex husbands. Before that my age and lack of history kept me from getting the best rates. It feels nice to finally be in prime rate territory Smiley Happy This will be my first "new" car and it feels great! Volvo is going to fly us to Sweden to take overseas delivery and tour the factory. We may be taking advantage of a 3 nights in London or Stockholm add on... but that hasn't been agreed to by my husband yet Smiley Wink we could add on 3 nights in London which includes airfare for about 1200.

@webhopper wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Wow!!! I've never had a new car buying experience quite like that! Good for you!!! I understand how you feel about crossing the threshhold from poor/mediocre credit to good/excellent credit. It feels wonderful to be extended credit with favorable terms. You've worked to achieve it, so you deserve it. I'm truly happy for you. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 210 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.