Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - October 2012

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Got another score alert today -- 3 point boost to my EQ score! Smiley Happy

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

I'm enjoying the view in the garden and am pleased to see my scores rebounding.

Your doing an awesome job Tinu!!! WTG!!!

I feel so bad not getting it together and sticking in here, been all over the place with INQ's lately.

I feel this way too! I applied for mortgage refi; auto loan; and navcheck. Smiley Sad
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 221 of 338
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Now that everything has had a chance to report, and I've been able to fall into the rhythm of the billing cycles and reporting pattens of my new cards, things are starting to settle down. I paid a major chunk on my Citi card and it just reported for the month, so my util on that card is looking better. I'm looking foward to my BoA reporting this month. It's a Visa signature, so it reports high balance instead of credit limit. Now that I've established a high balance and have paid it off, that should also be a plus when it updates on my reports.

I feel so bad not getting it together and sticking in here, been all over the place with INQ's lately.

I feel this way too! I applied for mortgage refi; auto loan; and navcheck. Smiley Sad

Yeah, I'm a loser, too... Smiley Frustrated

However, your apps were all driven by what I call "a need to live."  You didn't do anything that didn't fit your long-term financial goals/needs, and that's OK in my book. Smiley Happy

I, on the other hand, picked up 5 new cards in August/Sept and completely lost my way - indiscriminate apping is not my friend.  Of those 5, I will probably be closing at least 2 after I've had them for one year (absolutely of no use to me, and I have no idea why I did it).

I have around 16 revolving lines right now, and it's way too many to keep track of; by this time next year, I plan to prune about half of those down to a more manageable number of 7-8 cards.  My primary criteria for purging the bottom-feeders will be to rid myself of any that don't serve a specific purpose, and any with credit lines less than $5000.  If they won't grow with me in the garden, then I will have no use for them.

On a positive note for me, I do get my bronze spade back tomorrow - it's a start. Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 222 of 338
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Yay for your new bronze spade!

Im still gardening my little patch of seedlings.  My impatience is in the wait for my scores to start going up again.  its frustrating because the AMEX creditscore service has not changed ONE BIT in the 3 months ive had it, but my FICO from here went down 15points after my last approval and up 10 since then... that 700 is sooooooo close i can see it, but cant quite reach it yet.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 223 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@codimom wrote:

Yay for your new bronze spade!

Im still gardening my little patch of seedlings.  My impatience is in the wait for my scores to start going up again.  its frustrating because the AMEX creditscore service has not changed ONE BIT in the 3 months ive had it, but my FICO from here went down 15points after my last approval and up 10 since then... that 700 is sooooooo close i can see it, but cant quite reach it yet.

is your signature up to date?if your app free to july i think your spade is not the right color =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 224 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@TNTransplant wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Yeah, I'm a loser, too... Smiley Frustrated

However, your apps were all driven by what I call "a need to live."  You didn't do anything that didn't fit your long-term financial goals/needs, and that's OK in my book. Smiley Happy

I, on the other hand, picked up 5 new cards in August/Sept and completely lost my way - indiscriminate apping is not my friend.  Of those 5, I will probably be closing at least 2 after I've had them for one year (absolutely of no use to me, and I have no idea why I did it).

I have around 16 revolving lines right now, and it's way too many to keep track of; by this time next year, I plan to prune about half of those down to a more manageable number of 7-8 cards.  My primary criteria for purging the bottom-feeders will be to rid myself of any that don't serve a specific purpose, and any with credit lines less than $5000.  If they won't grow with me in the garden, then I will have no use for them.

On a positive note for me, I do get my bronze spade back tomorrow - it's a start. Smiley Happy 

The navcheck is questionable; but it is nice to write my contractor a check instead of making him pay credit card swipe fees and I will be keeping this account long term. I absolutely would not be buying a car if my other one hadn't been totalled out. And I wouldn't be refinancing if FHA hadn't done a complete overhaul on the streamline refinance program with rates being historically low and out of pocket expenses also being historically low. Perfect storm I guess. All my accounts will be new and I will probably lose two years on my aaoa... after I had brought it above 6 again in August. It sucks to fail at gardening!
FICO 9:

Message 225 of 338
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...

Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 226 of 338
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...

@TNTransplant wrote:

congrats! 

1 more day down till my next spade. 

updated everytime i sign on. =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 227 of 338
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TNTransplant wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Nice going, tinu!  Smiley Happy

I'll pick up my bronze spade tomorrow - uprooting the seedling and on to bigger and better things in the garden.

Odd thing about my BoA siggy Visa - it's reporting with high balance on the EQ and TU, but EX still shows it with a credit limit.  I did a large balance transfer to this card for this very reason, and while it's worked out well for EQ/TU the high utilization is not doing me any favors on EX.  Let me know how yours reports on EX, if you don't mind... 

@Anonymous: Oooh, thanks!  That's a good idea for me in the future, two birds with the price of one at some point when I aggregate some silly amount of expenses in a given month just to drive high balance... especially if I have a BOFA card and they haven't changed their policies.

@Tinu: Grats and thank you for your example as always!

        
Message 228 of 338
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just picked up my bronze spade - one month down! :smileyt...

@TNTransplant wrote:

Congrats on this!!!
FICO 9:

Message 229 of 338
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i am back in Garden after just getting amex costco Smiley Happy

>
Message 230 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.