Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2012

I'm looking forward to getting my spades back, starting with the bronze later this month. Until then, I decided to use my Credit Sesame badge as a placeholder in my siggy. I was just upgraded from "Good" to "Excellent/Guru" status. Smiley Happy

Now, to just keep on tending to my little seedlings... oh, the joy! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 101 of 398
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

It looks awesome and made me change my sig again.  Right-side = good place for badge recognition.  Yes, that CS badge is pretty cool.  Too bad its not a spade though!

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 102 of 398
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I'm looking forward to getting my spades back, starting with the bronze later this month. Until then, I decided to use my Credit Sesame badge as a placeholder in my siggy. I was just upgraded from "Good" to "Excellent/Guru" status. Smiley Happy

Now, to just keep on tending to my little seedlings... oh, the joy! Smiley Very Happy

Maybe I should post mine badge too? We have the same one.  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 103 of 398
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I'm still in the garden.  14 months now.  The plan has been to hold off on all inquiries until 2013 for a mortgage, but I've run into some problems with employment so I may have to step out of the garden and get a credit card at my credit union just in case.  Out of my current credit cards, I have no cards with low APRs or high CLs.  My highest is only $2000, since they date from before my credit recovered.  Hopefully, I'll get my situation squared away before it becomes necessary to take a hard pull, but if I do have to take one at least it would be out of responsibility.

Oh man. Sorry to hear that.  I was going to suggest my job, but, on second thought, you probably won't consider it seriously, so I will save it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 104 of 398
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Checked in, brought some Frosty Mountain Punch, picked up my tools; and now, I'm in between the gold and the platinum spade!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 105 of 398
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Recieved my FIRST EVER pre approve letter. 

for discover more. 

put it through the shredder before i finished reading it. 

whew. bring em on. 

i wont break for noone. 

well maybe an amex revolver. but not until jan. feb 27th 6 of my inquries become dull. (give or take a couple weeks back)(didnt get any of those cards btw.)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 106 of 398
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@luvsandyshores wrote:

Roarmeister, when the bank pulls your credit for a mortgage, the numbers they get are your real FICO scores, not FAKO's.

Perhaps... but I am talking about Canadian banks, specifically Bank of Montreal which may or may not used FICO.  Equifax Canada uses Beacon 5 and Tansunion Canada uses something unrelated altogether.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 107 of 398
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Just checking in!!  14 days app free today.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 108 of 398
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking back into the garden. Feels good.

Before last month I had gone 6 months without a HP. However I have decided to change my preferred airline because before I was flying with United and they cut their nonstop route to LAX from my home airport which hurts me a bit. However American now has the best operation out of my home airport for the legacy carriers. Since I have to connect most of the time going east I would rather go through DFW than Houston. AA is also quite generous with reward availability for international premium cabin travel. I want to see Australia and/or South America someday and AA miles work better for that than United. AA goes everywhere I need to go, while if I stuck with United I would still have to fly AA on occasion so I figure to stick all my flying in one alirline alliance to maximize miles.

So I bit on the Citi AAdvantage card. Went through the link for the 50,000 mile signup bonus. Instant approval with an 8k credit line. My highest yet.

So now my card profile is as follows.

Discover More 7,200 CL

Chase United Explorer 6,200 CL

Citi AAdvantage 8,000 CL

Probably will close my Chase United come December or January since I will be putting all my spending that doesn't fall in a Discover cashback bonus category on my AA card to maximize miles.

Took a hard pull in August, so I am starting over in September back in the garden. No HP's until next summer when I get a cell phone contract.

Message 109 of 398
Kidcat
Established Contributor

4th day app free.  Decided to freeze my credit reports. Anyone have experience with this, pros or cons?

I don't plan to app until I go for pre approval on a home (hopefully before 2013 holidays) so they will be in deep freeze until summer 2013. 

Also been thinking off adding a chunk of money to the one secured account I have to show higher CL that way ( hope this is appropriate whilst in the garden).  Any thoughts?

Thank you

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 110 of 398
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.