Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - September 2014

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hello GC, looks like i will be in garden for at least 3 more weeks:-) since i can't app when i am overseas lol. 

Smiley Happy Stay safe, applying would be the least of my worries now days!

Cold why are you trying to scare me now i am going to be nervous flying :-(

I remember looking out the window ( Love window seats) and remember asking myself why are the wings wobbling lol Smiley Tongue

i don't think i have windows seat i messed up when i chose my seats oh well. Talking about air travel whats everybody opinion on people using the knee defender to prevent people sitting in front of them from reclining. Is reclining your seat an privaledge when you buy your tickets?

During a long international flight? Yes! I'd better be able to recline back!

you heard about the altercation on the United flight over knee defender thats crazy sauce. i have heard both sides , people say if you want more leg room go buy first class seat. I don't know which side i fall under yet. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 51 of 1,708
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hello GC, looks like i will be in garden for at least 3 more weeks:-) since i can't app when i am overseas lol. 

I remember looking out the window ( Love window seats) and remember asking myself why are the wings wobbling lol Smiley Tongue

i don't think i have windows seat i messed up when i chose my seats oh well. Talking about air travel whats everybody opinion on people using the knee defender to prevent people sitting in front of them from reclining. Is reclining your seat an privaledge when you buy your tickets?

you heard about the altercation on the United flight over knee defender thats crazy sauce. i have heard both sides , people say if you want more leg room go buy first class seat. I don't know which side i fall under yet. 

Well Flying First class to Paris was like $12,000 not paying that much to fly ...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 52 of 1,708
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time gardener. Last month I got my first unsecured cards. So I basically have the next two years planned out financially. I thinking I only want 2-3ish more cards in my wallet next year, and then I think I'm out of the game guys. I don't think I wan't even 10 cards. I think I only want 5 or 6. No retail cards. Then build those into really great credit lines for the rest of my life, and focus on other areas of finances. I think you'll see me hanging out in the retirement section while I'm gardening ...  appropriate!   Smiley Happy

I love you guys for showing me the way. I don't know a single person in my real life circle of friends and family that is responsible with credit lines. I don't even use my debit card anymore, I am charging everything and PIF. I just watch my FICO score up 6 points 30 minutes after I paid off my BoA ballance. I kinda really enjoy managing my money like this, I was so petrified of it before. You guys are awesome. 

Message 53 of 1,708
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Well Flying First class to Paris was like $12,000 not paying that much to fly ...

Well if they don't want the seat to be able to recline, then don't design them with the function to recline. Seat trays are just as annoying but if you want me to be able to sleep and be quiet through the night, then I want to recline. Otherwise I am going to have my light on and read.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 54 of 1,708
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Still here, shuffling my balances around a bit to try to get things paid down with the least interest possible. Curious what my scores will look like with appropriate utilization? I guess I'll find out when I get there. Smiley Happy

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 55 of 1,708
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Hi all! One month and 2 days till I apply for my last 2 cards, then I'll be gardening forever! I really can't see any need for more then 5 cards, I'm too frugal and I don't travel.

Hope all is well on your side of the screen!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 56 of 1,708
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First time gardener. Last month I got my first unsecured cards. So I basically have the next two years planned out financially. I thinking I only want 2-3ish more cards in my wallet next year, and then I think I'm out of the game guys. I don't think I wan't even 10 cards. I think I only want 5 or 6. No retail cards. Then build those into really great credit lines for the rest of my life, and focus on other areas of finances. I think you'll see me hanging out in the retirement section while I'm gardening ...  appropriate!   Smiley Happy

I love you guys for showing me the way. I don't know a single person in my real life circle of friends and family that is responsible with credit lines. I don't even use my debit card anymore, I am charging everything and PIF. I just watch my FICO score up 6 points 30 minutes after I paid off my BoA ballance. I kinda really enjoy managing my money like this, I was so petrified of it before. You guys are awesome. 

I was petrified too when I first got my cards! It took me over a month tto charge my first item, and I paid it off 3 hours later...it scared me. Now I kinda like charging, but still only small amounts, but I have carried a balance for a whole 2 weeks once! lol

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 57 of 1,708
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Simba501 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Simba501 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

Morning all!

I'm back in the garden after escaping (had to purchase a vehicle).  My plan is to stay in the garden until I get my diamond back (oh, how I miss that diamond...  Smiley Sad ).  I'm about five days away from my bronze spade...

But at least I know have a more reliable vehicle...  Smiley Happy

Review the recent, previous posts.  If you're not applying to obtain a line of credit of some sort, you technically never left.

Financing a car is a line of credit and resets the clock.

That doesn't make sense.

Actually it does; utilities, bank accounts, apts etc do not add a TL, which means you are not affecting your AAOA, util etc. A hp which adds a TL, like auto, SL or sp shopping cart cc's will count

Message 58 of 1,708
sdoonan
Contributor

Alright, bring on September!

I started gardening again after applying for (and getting) a Chase Freedom card. The 15th I should be good for a spade.

Although that Citi Double Cash card is tempting...

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 59 of 1,708
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Well if they don't want the seat to be able to recline, then don't design them with the function to recline. Seat trays are just as annoying but if you want me to be able to sleep and be quiet through the night, then I want to recline. Otherwise I am going to have my light on and read.

Those seats can recline thus I am allowed to.  If you don't like don't fly and take a car,  train,  boat or whatever else.  Just my 2 cents.  I paid for my ticket and it's my right to recline the chair if I want to

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 60 of 1,708
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.