Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting for July 2011

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting for July 2011

@smc733 wrote:

Starting gardening mode here.

BofA and Zync are in my wallet now, the others are in the sockdrawer.  If Citi showed pending charges, BofA would go in the drawer and I would enjoy the benefits of World MC + Amex Charge (return protection, warranties, etc. on any purchase, any card), plus the concierge service on the World M/C, but alas, Citi's website is just as bad/worse than Discover's... :/

Congrats again on the Zync! What a nice little seed to plant in your garden! I know that you worked very, very hard to get it... nice going, and good luck with it! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 46
smc733
Valued Contributor

Thanks, tinuviel.
As far as BofA goes, I had a whopping 3 months of history and they gave me a plat visa at $700, which has grown to $3,500 in less than a year.  They're conservative with limits, but their service is fantastic, always American, they show pending charges, they value banking relationships, and I like them a lot.
When you're ready, its a card worth going for.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 12 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@smc733 wrote:
Thanks, tinuviel.
As far as BofA goes, I had a whopping 3 months of history and they gave me a plat visa at $700, which has grown to $3,500 in less than a year.  They're conservative with limits, but their service is fantastic, always American, they show pending charges, they value banking relationships, and I like them a lot.
When you're ready, its a card worth going for.

Good to know. Thanks.

I was planning on waiting until the end of NEXT year, when ALL of my baddies will be off of my reports. I just had a CA account age off last month, yay! Smiley Happy One more will age off next year. But, I've had some decent approvals even with them showing, cards that I NEVER expected to be approved for with baddies (Dillard's Amex, Amex Green), so I'm considering going for it towards the end of this year.

My Amex Green should be showing on my reports soon, and my increased Cap1 Visa CL will report in about a week. The fourth statement for JCP will cut the middle of this month, and I'll hit the luv button and hope for a CLI. Ditto on the Dillard's Amex. I'd like to have some decent CLs showing when I app. Not 5 figure CLs, but still decent. Heck, maybe by the end of the year Cap1 will decide to give me a CLI on my 750 CL Cash Rewards MC, LOL!!! Oh, yes -- I'm an eternal optimist!!! Smiley Wink

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 46
climbinghigher
Valued Member

Hi tinuviel, I responded to an offer from the card you mentioned. I was declined. My TU Fico score was 730. They said the reason was not enough credit (2 Cap One cards) and 2 Pr's. I responded to an offer from USAA and was approved for 3k.

Message 14 of 46
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel - I read your Cap One thread, congratulations!  That definitely seems like a rarity around here.

I was in the garden and then ran out this past month and am now walking back in.  I was denied one card, approved for a Discover More and lastly, one is still under review.  I really have to do severe gardening now with the hopes of CLIs from early Dec. '11 to late Jan. '12. 

I really thought I would stay in gardening mode last time and kind of disappointed myself.  Although, I wasn't expecting Discover preapprovals because I didn't realize the old paid Discover chargeoff fell off of my reports!

So, here we go again...round 2!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@climbinghigher wrote:

Hi tinuviel, I responded to an offer from the card you mentioned. I was declined. My TU Fico score was 730. They said the reason was not enough credit (2 Cap One cards) and 2 Pr's. I responded to an offer from USAA and was approved for 3k.

Hi, climbinghigher!

Well, I don't know if I would get approved... maybe, maybe not. But, I don't have a thin file. I'm rebuilding, not building. My length of history is 24 years (TU and EX) / 17 years (EQ). My AAoA has dropped a bit due to adding recent TLs... 7+ years depending on the CRA. My problem involves waiting for a couple of COs and a CA to drop off, along with some lates. That's why I was surprised with the last couple of approvals. I apped for the Dillard's store card, but was given the Amex version. Likewise, I received an offer to apply for an Amex Green, and was approved. I didn't think either of these were likely, given my scores and baddies. But, for whatever reason, the lenders in question found my overall credit profile to be acceptable. So, I'm hoping that in a few more months, perhaps BoA will approve me as well.

Congrats on the USAA approval! I hear that they are a good lender. Enjoy the new card! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@clocktick wrote:

@tinuviel - I read your Cap One thread, congratulations!  That definitely seems like a rarity around here.

I was in the garden and then ran out this past month and am now walking back in.  I was denied one card, approved for a Discover More and lastly, one is still under review.  I really have to do severe gardening now with the hopes of CLIs from early Dec. '11 to late Jan. '12. 

I really thought I would stay in gardening mode last time and kind of disappointed myself.  Although, I wasn't expecting Discover preapprovals because I didn't realize the old paid Discover chargeoff fell off of my reports!

So, here we go again...round 2!

Well, that's the wonderful thing about the garden... you're always welcome back! Smiley Happy

Congrats on the Discover! Now go grab your watering can and watch it grow! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 46
aamex
Frequent Contributor

I'm currently gardening...prehaps for quiet sometime.. I don't really need any more cards and I'd like to have some age in my credit profile. Gardening is difficult when I have access to the boards and check my report all the time. I think I'm going to cancel my CMS for a little bit and freeze my reports. Not sure about the freeze, I just don't want the itch to apply for anything new after reading success stories.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 18 of 46
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I too am back to gardening! Man, I have app'd for too many things but I have enjoyed success with all of them.

Now in rotation mode and hope for the auto CLI's to happen.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 19 of 46
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I'm in garden mode right now.

I plan to apply once again in Jan 2012.

My CC wishlist,

* AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

* Barclay B&N MC

* Target Redcard

* GEMB Lowes

* AT&T Universal Savings from Citi

* Amazon Chase or AMEX Blue Sky (maybe).

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.