Garden Club Meeting for July 2011

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Meeting for July 2011

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I'm in garden mode right now.

I plan to apply once again in Jan 2012.

I like your plan!  So January is only, ummm, five months away plus a week or two...or three away.   That seems doable!  No new apps for me til July 2012.  I'm hangin' tough.  I'm still recovering from a mislead mini-app early in my rebuilding days.  Somehow it manages to take two full years to add two years back to your AAofA!  Go figure!

Just had to comment on your FAKO scores in your siggy.  It's always a good reminder to see how they're all over the place - so thanks for reminding folks of how variable they are!  40 points is a big difference! 

It can be pretty confusing for new  folks on the forums though - we have so much confusion and frustration over FAKO scores from various other sites.  **sheepishly asks** What would you think about posting a FICO score in that siggy instead?     Only, of course, if you want to.  Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@RockinRay wrote:

I too am back to gardening! Man, I have app'd for too many things but I have enjoyed success with all of them.

Now in rotation mode and hope for the auto CLI's to happen.

Ray

Those are great! As I just mentioned on another thread, my JCP card just got a $1300 auto CLI, after only having it for 3 1/2 months! Now let's see what Dillard's does towards the beginning of next month...

What auto CLIs might be on the horizon for you?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

who else feels like were @ an AA meeting Smiley Tongue

almost earned my one month chip Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 46
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It can be pretty confusing for new  folks on the forums though - we have so much confusion and frustration over FAKO scores from various other sites.  **sheepishly asks** What would you think about posting a FICO score in that siggy instead?     Only, of course, if you want to.  Smiley Wink

Right now I'm building credit history. I started with no credit history at 10/2010. At this point I don't think it'll be helpful to purchase a FICO score. I'm not going to get a loan anytime soon. I certainly won't open a PSECU account just for the score either.

Message 24 of 46
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@who else feels like were @ an AA meeting Smiley Tongue

almost earned my one month chip Smiley Happy

Tradition 3:  The only requirement for garden club membership is the desire to stop apping.  Smiley Wink

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 25 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not gone ppl...lol I'm just HIBERNATING! I keep my peeking "ON" everyday at posts and read them here and there.This month it's my quarterly score check so im still waiting for myfico to alert me of my score change I think (TU)? Or viceversa and then I'll buy the other one so I know my new TU and EQ soon we will all know how I've done since April when I started my credit file. And yes I haven't applied for anything ever since. I'll be writing to you guys soon......
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

I recently found this thread, which is great considering the kind of streak I've been on for the past few months. After having refi'd my auto loan and got my Chase Freedom Visa in January, I've been in garden mode since then. The only ding I've had since January is a credit check for my new apartment. It has been a great week, though. I got a 2100 CLI on my Amex Blue Cash Everyday, a 600 CLI on my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa and a 600 CLI on my Best Buy Card. All soft inquiries! I want to do the same for my Chase Freedom, but I'm kinda hesitant.

I'm still looking for at least one more solid card with some good travel rewards, but I'm in no hurry. I opted back into CC offers since I'm passively in the hunt. So if a good offer comes along, I'll take it but if not, no big deal. In January, my util was pretty high (I'd say at least 75%) and now it's at 25%. Just focusing on paying the rest of it down by the end of the year and kickin' it here with you guys watching my cards and scores grow!

Message 27 of 46
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!

I recently found this thread, which is great considering the kind of streak I've been on for the past few months. After having refi'd my auto loan and got my Chase Freedom Visa in January, I've been in garden mode since then. The only ding I've had since January is a credit check for my new apartment. It has been a great week, though. I got a 2100 CLI on my Amex Blue Cash Everyday, a 600 CLI on my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa and a 600 CLI on my Best Buy Card. All soft inquiries! I want to do the same for my Chase Freedom, but I'm kinda hesitant.

I'm still looking for at least one more solid card with some good travel rewards, but I'm in no hurry. I opted back into CC offers since I'm passively in the hunt. So if a good offer comes along, I'll take it but if not, no big deal. In January, my util was pretty high (I'd say at least 75%) and now it's at 25%. Just focusing on paying the rest of it down by the end of the year and kickin' it here with you guys watching my cards and scores grow!

Hi, Padunkadunk! Welcome to the club! You can pick up your complimentary watering can and gardening gloves at the table by the door. Feel free to pour yourself a glass of iced tea, pull up a chair and join us. Smiley Happy

I saw your post in another thread about the wonderful streak that you've had this week; once again, congratulations! And nice job on getting your util down. I've worked hard at that this past year, myself. I was maxed out this time last year. Now, I'm down to ~3%. Lots of work and discipline paying things off, but it feels wonderful to be out of debt, and it's really starting to pay off. Stay focused on your goal, and you'll get there, too. Smiley Happy

Out of curiosity, how do you like your Wells Fargo card? I bank at Wells Fargo. It was Wachvoia, but just officially converted over the weekend.

Once again, congrats and welcome to the club! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, my Wells Fargo card is not that great. I only keep it around because its my first cc I ever had. The rewards are not competitive and they are very tight with their increases. I've had the card for four years and I banked there for 7 years and the best they could give me was 600. IMHO, go with a place that shows it appreciates your business and has a better rewards program.
Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, new to the Garden Club... but very, very happy to have become a member. Smiley Happy

These are my current cards:

Orchard Platinum: $400 CL (opened 6/10). Unfortunately there is a $74 AF, but I was able to waive it a few days ago. However, not without putting up a fight for it!

Amazon Store Card: $800 CL (opened 6/11). Opened w/6 mo financing offer - had $680 TV in cart.

Priceline Visa: $1000 CL (opened 6/11). Obtained via recon (declined)

Current goals:

- Amazon Card: Pay off balance to 0 before 2nd statement cuts at the end of this month, CLI via luv button after 4th statement

- Priceline Visa: Use heavily but pay off and keep balance at 0 before statement hits, attempt CLI in 6 mos

In 6 mos:

- Obtain 2nd card with decent (at least $1000) CL so I can sockdrawer the Orchard card.

- Anyone have non-Cap1 suggestions to prepare for?

I'm thinking this is the best course of action... although I do need one more card.

Despite my knowledge of the horror that is Cap1, I have admittedly been tempted by the FLOOD of Cap1 preapprovals they've mailed me in the last 2 mos....

However, I'm refusing to app until I've cultivated my garden a bit more in hopes of getting offers with a realistically decent limit. Not keeping my hopes up for a prime card offer (have a couple baddies on my reports) so we'll see.

So, off to the garden until November... wish me luck!

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.