Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2017

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Thanks UB, i find it endearing, seedling can grow, spades only shineSmiley Wink

Congrats Sasha on getting your Bronze, like Kool and the Gang would say, Cherish it. Lol, i lost my beautiful bronze in a fit of passion that turned out left me empty and cold, go figureSmiley Wink
Message 51 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I’m first! Oopsss second! I’ll take it 😂

Another successful Halloween in my neck of the woods, giving out 39 bags of candy. The night started slow, was scared I would be left with a ton of candy, but only have 1 left. 

Slow on the credit front with a ton of pre-approvals from Sync and Com. Hard pass to all. I did receive my monthly SP CLI from Discover this month and one from Cap1 earlier this month. They help with my urges 😂

November should be a slow month while looking forward to Turkey 🦃 Day! 

monthly discover cli? what?! totally jealous!

You can hit the button basically as much as you want over thereSmiley Wink  I probably do it every 3 weeks or so. 

My CLI schedule with them is $400 every 2-3 months. My 2k SL1.5 year old card is $4400 now.

Message 52 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can hit the button basically as much as you want over thereSmiley Wink  I probably do it every 3 weeks or so. 

My CLI schedule with them is $400 every 2-3 months.

hahahaha.. yup.. 5 months and still waiting....... :-(

Message 53 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks UB, i find it endearing, seedling can grow, spades only shineSmiley Wink

Congrats Sasha on getting your Bronze, like Kool and the Gang would say, Cherish it. Lol, i lost my beautiful bronze in a fit of passion that turned out left me empty and cold, go figureSmiley Wink

thank you ajc! its pretty easy when my reports are locked and TU is $10 every time to temporarily unlock LOL..  and also.. since i applied for every.thing. in september i know i wont get anything..

Message 54 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hahahaha.. yup.. 5 months in still waiting....... :-(

7k was a nice SL though! Maybe they figured they had more room for growth on mine Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hahahaha.. yup.. 5 months in still waiting....... :-(

7k was a nice SL though! Maybe they figured they had more room for growth on mine Smiley Wink

haha yes true true.. do i REALLY need more than $7k? but still!

Message 56 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night when the trick or treaters were visiting the shack, a few parents (2 couples) who were walking with them asked if I really did help folks with their credit situation.  I said I did and invited them over for my next small session and told them I'm a savings tyrant and expect people will abide by their commitments to fixing things themselves.

Should be interesting to see how big the next session is, last month was 7 neighbors (including one teenage guy who said he doesn't want to be like his parents/old siblings).

Just a reminder not to forget that there are real people in the real world who are just as confused and lost as you are/were at some point.

The only frustrating part is seeing someone who is in way worse shape skyrocket past you in way less time and start getting all the perks one gets from spreading around a beautiful credit profile, lol.  Not that it's bad or anything, but dang those people with 25 year old credit cards they never closed or had charged off!

Happy November.   My goal this month is get rid of the tax lien on TU, and try to avoid a new one that I've been negotiating for 7 months (hoping to get it resolved in hearing near the end of the month).  Also want to see my first Discover CLI, and possibly close Comenity/WS.

Message 57 of 2,866
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Happy November Fellow GC Members!!!

I'm very happy to be here.  I'm here until 2019, which is when I'm planning to purchase another vehicle. All 3 of my FICO scores are in the 700 Club.  Patience is one of your best friends in the game of credit. Learn the rules and play the game well. Gardening works, so stay focused!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 58 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st month done!  The 1st week or so was a little hard, coming off of some great approvals, but after that just put my energy into working towards other things.  Like working on my plan on earning the bonuses on my new cc's to be used towards my dh's and my trip to Paris next year for our 14 year anniversary (and the honeymoon we never had).  After that it became easy!  Looking forward to month 2 of gardening!

Message 59 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

It's still Halloween over here! Get that November nonsense out of here (...for like another 42 minutes lol)!

We still have 2 hrs, 33 min to go here! Smiley Happy

Historically whichever mod happens to be on starts the new thread at midnight in his/her timezone.  I'm in EDT so when it's me the East coast folks don't have to wait, although it does make it a bit early for everybody else.

Ironically, I tried to get 'fancy' with this month's thread and that almost caused a delay itself... I waited until just before midnight (here) and when I tried to post the system gave me an HTML error. Smiley Surprised

I ended up having to use some 'tricks' to get the thread up on time, but we made it... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Tongue

Along with some general housekeeping, I've added a little more detail to the text in the first post to help people with adding a seedling/spade, along with a link to jump directly to 'My Settings'. 

I also tried to do a little clean up on the text itself to make the post more readable... some of the tools that were broken on the old site layout are now working (like indentations) which helped as well.  Smiley Happy

I wasn't complaining UncleB! I love it when the new thread goes up at 9:00PST. Midnight is past my bedtime! 😀

Message 60 of 2,866
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.