Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2017

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

Not I. The only time I have that happen is if I have already read the thread before to "mark as read" so to speak.

Message 71 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to log out, clear my MF cookies and try again.  Happening on every thread for me!

Message 72 of 2,866
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Down here in the South, there is a Waffle House on the side of every interstate exit. My grandmothers are older now and in nursing homes and mom is passed away. So what i've always wanted to do was just to go to Waffle house (since they are open 365 days per year) and eat and visit and leave a $100 tip for some poor soul who has to work. Repeat on Christmas and then settle in for football. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 73 of 2,866
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else having an issue with the forum refusing to work when clicking the "go to first unread post" link on a thread in the main forum listing?

Annoying.  Always takes me to Post #1 instead of Unread Post #1.

Hey @Anonymous... try it now.  Smiley Wink

For anybody else, go to Edit my preferences, then select 'Linear Layout'.  From there, check the box for 'Jump to first unread post', then click 'save' at the bottom.

Message 74 of 2,866
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else having an issue with the forum refusing to work when clicking the "go to first unread post" link on a thread in the main forum listing?

Annoying.  Always takes me to Post #1 instead of Unread Post #1.

In "My settings : Preferences/Linear Layout" that "Jump to first unread post in a topic" is checked. 

Message 75 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

For anybody else, go to Edit my preferences, then select 'Linear Layout'.  From there, check the box for 'Jump to first unread post', then click 'save' at the bottom.

Works!  Although I did log out and clear cookies too, lol.

Is this something that changed in the last 24 hours?  Even last night it wasn't happening and I know I didn't go in and change that info before!

Thanks!

Message 76 of 2,866
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Oops, you got me, Uncle.

Message 77 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimp2323 wrote:

In "My settings : Preferences/Linear Layout" that "Jump to first unread post in a topic" is checked. 

Yup, UncleB must have fixed it for me, but I know for a fact I wouldn't have gone in there to change it!

Garden gnomes must have done it!

Message 78 of 2,866
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Works!  Although I did log out and clear cookies too, lol.

Is this something that changed in the last 24 hours?  Even last night it wasn't happening and I know I didn't go in and change that info before!

Thanks!

The behavior changed with the new layout; on the old layout you could click the number of new post (which we no longer have) and it would take you to the first unread message without any settings change. 

As far as I know nothing should have changed in the last day, but I know they are still working on some things so it's very possible some 'behind the curtain' activity caused your issue.

You might already know this, but for others note that if the number of replies is light blue that means there are new/unread messages in the thread; once all messages in a thread are read the number of replies turns black. Smiley Wink

Message 79 of 2,866
RadioRob
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Historically whichever mod happens to be on starts the new thread at midnight in his/her timezone.  I'm in EDT so when it's me the East coast folks don't have to wait, although it does make it a bit early for everybody else.

At least it was not like ordering my iPhone X at 3AM last week!  (Though I get my phone on Friday AND I got the first post...  I'm apparently off to a great start!)

Message 80 of 2,866
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.