Oops, you got me, Uncle.

We can call it a 'group effort'.  Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 2,866
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

@RadioRob wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Historically whichever mod happens to be on starts the new thread at midnight in his/her timezone.  I'm in EDT so when it's me the East coast folks don't have to wait, although it does make it a bit early for everybody else.

At least it was not like ordering my iPhone X at 3AM last week!  (Though I get my phone on Friday AND I got the first post...  I'm apparently off to a great start!)

You must be one of those folks on MacRumors. Lol. Good luck with your new phone. I was one of those who upgraded to an 8+ from a 6s. I really like it even though lots of techies give anyone who got an 8 lots of crap. I decided after I got the 6s and after having several iPhones that I would get the "S" version of any upcoming phones since they seem to have some nice refinements rather than the first version.

Message 82 of 2,866

Greetings Fellow Gardeners!

I started gardening in September and plan on staying until Spring. I am here due to my high utilization Smiley Frustrated I've been able to pay a good chunk off this past month only to realize that my Cap One QS has not updated since August on any of my credit reports! *eye roll*

This has left me feeling like I haven"t accomplished much even though I did get it paid way down. To add to this frustration it took me almost a month to open a savings account at Alliant Federal Credit Union.

On a brighter note, I did get a CLI of $500 on my FNB card without even asking and that go me under 20% there.

Happy Fall!

Gardening Since Sept 2017 until Spring
Message 83 of 2,866
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@princess_poverty44092 wrote:

Greetings Fellow Gardeners!

I started gardening in September and plan on staying until Spring. I am here due to my high utilization Smiley Frustrated I've been able to pay a good chunk off this past month only to realize that my Cap One QS has not updated since August on any of my credit reports! *eye roll*

This has left me feeling like I haven"t accomplished much even though I did get it paid way down. To add to this frustration it took me almost a month to open a savings account at Alliant Federal Credit Union.

On a brighter note, I did get a CLI of $500 on my FNB card without even asking and that go me under 20% there.

Happy Fall!

Congratulations on the CLI!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 84 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EdMan63 wrote:

@RadioRob wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Historically whichever mod happens to be on starts the new thread at midnight in his/her timezone.  I'm in EDT so when it's me the East coast folks don't have to wait, although it does make it a bit early for everybody else.

At least it was not like ordering my iPhone X at 3AM last week!  (Though I get my phone on Friday AND I got the first post...  I'm apparently off to a great start!)

You must be one of those folks on MacRumors. Lol. Good luck with your new phone. I was one of those who upgraded to an 8+ from a 6s. I really like it even though lots of techies give anyone who got an 8 lots of crap. I decided after I got the 6s and after having several iPhones that I would get the "S" version of any upcoming phones since they seem to have some nice refinements rather than the first version.

i updated my 6s to ios11 to make it easier to transfer all my stuff, then got the iphone8... so its basically the same phone only with a glass back haha! except instead of a cheapo case i have it in an Otterbox..........

Message 85 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

Android guy here but I am big on trying to reduce smartphone addiction so I lucked out last month because someone handed me their iPhone 6+ (the big one) to keep or sell and I traded it with someone else who had a brand new in box iPhone 5S with the 4" screen.

This is the best phone I have ever had because I dislike iOS and the screen is tiny.  I can't wait to not use it.  Plus I made $200 cash on the transaction (gave it to the person who gave me their old phone but they refused it).

After 2 years of having a 6+ inch screen, I am now back to using my phone to make calls strictly, or to check notifications.  Really nice.

Message 86 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a moto z2 but had to finance it rather than drop the $450 all at once.  It's carrier unlocked and I love using it, hoping it will last as long as I am financing it lol.

But there was a credit check for the financing and I was added as au on another card which had a check so I am waiting for two inquiries to fall off before doing any thinking about more credit.

My income blows so trying to reign in my spending and not live outside my means.  At a good place with my credit, about 770 transunion and no debt or baddies. 

This next fiscal year I am going to try and work on savings more than building credit.  And as long as my car stays running I shouldn't need to borrow any time soon.

Message 87 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Android guy here but I am big on trying to reduce smartphone addiction so I lucked out last month because someone handed me their iPhone 6+ (the big one) to keep or sell and I traded it with someone else who had a brand new in box iPhone 5S with the 4" screen.

This is the best phone I have ever had because I dislike iOS and the screen is tiny.  I can't wait to not use it.  Plus I made $200 cash on the transaction (gave it to the person who gave me their old phone but they refused it).

After 2 years of having a 6+ inch screen, I am now back to using my phone to make calls strictly, or to check notifications.  Really nice.

i have ALWAYS had an android till my previous upgrade and BF talked me into an iphone.. idk why since he knows i am wicked OCD about how my phone is set up.. anyway now its too hard to go back to an android(not everything will transfer) so whatever.. i have a love/hate relationship with my iphone! LOL..

frankly i still miss my slide phone - just sayin ;-)

Message 88 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This next fiscal year I am going to try and work on savings more than building credit.  And as long as my car stays running I shouldn't need to borrow any time soon.

As long as you're in the garden, think about joining us on the savings playground in the personal finance forum!  Hoping to drive more folks to save versus just FICO bump.

Message 89 of 2,866
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@EdMan63 wrote:

@RadioRob wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Steve Wozniak, the tech guy of Jobs & Wozniak and yes, "Woz Way" in California, went quite loudly for the 8, not the X, if you wanna throw that back into fanboi faces.

Message 90 of 2,866
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.