Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - November 2017

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club - November 2017

I called into Target today, seeking a CLI - yes, I know, they give them out you can't ask - but I figured I'd ask anyway. Blah blah blah blah they'll review the account periodically. I'm making sure to PIF before the statement cuts right now. We put maybe, $30 max on the card per week. The red card is like a baby Groot to me, I just want it to groooooow! 🌱🌳

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1421 of 2,866
Anonymous
Not applicable

well.. we got an email today that open enrollment is dec 1-15 and we'll be getting more details next week.. im actually pretty surprised.. maybe its just a decoy though since she knows we all expect it.. haha..

Message 1422 of 2,866
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

CK Fako Equifax just jumped 9 points, NFCU card finally popped up. No change on TransUnion - not having the discount tire account really makes a difference in scores. Now I kinda want to know what my FICO Equifax score is....

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1423 of 2,866
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Awesome Tuesday gardening MFer's!!  The perc for septic went better than expected, smooth sailing from here on till we leave at the beginning of December, so happy about that that I closed another Citi card, the preferred....useless to me, and funny I guess because it is a no AF card nothing from the CSR, I even asked if I can get an email or letter of cancellation, she said no....LMAO OK then.....feels good to dump another useless card.....

Message 1424 of 2,866
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking in and caught up. Did everyone have a good weekend?   And I brought pudding. Not the good stuff. Tapioca and rice. 

I Freakin LOVE Tapioca....no clue what it is and why it only comes in vanilla but I LOVE it!!!

Last time I had it it was in a 4 pack of little metal cans that would cut you smooth if you weren’t careful. Ah the memories 

Sweet Jesus, from a CAN???!!!!  Not for this Dog, home made, well from box but you do have to cook it, and eat it warm!!!! Thems good eats!!!

Yes with paper labels and all. I used to pull the labels off so my sister didn’t know what flavor she was picking. We don’t talk. 😉

I am kinda siding with the sister here....Smiley Wink

If it helps my case it's because she always had the pudding and left me the fruit cocktail. 😤

I LOVE the fruit cocktail, the half cherries were my favorite and there usually is only ONE of them in there.....LOL

Message 1425 of 2,866
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Adkins wrote:

I called into Target today, seeking a CLI - yes, I know, they give them out you can't ask - but I figured I'd ask anyway. Blah blah blah blah they'll review the account periodically. I'm making sure to PIF before the statement cuts right now. We put maybe, $30 max on the card per week. The red card is like a baby Groot to me, I just want it to groooooow! 🌱🌳

Many of us never got any CLIs on Target until we began doing the following:

• Use it regularly.
  • Always let the statement cut with a balance.
  • Update your income on their website once a month, even if it has not changed.
  • PIF the statement balance prior to the due date.

Mine started at $1200, got a CLD to $800 when it changed to a Visa around 12 years ago and it sat there until June 2016, when I started following those steps and got a CLI to $1300 14 years after opening the card, then to $2300 in December and again to $3300 in June 2017.  Looks like I am on the 6-month wagon, so hoping to see $4300 or better in a few weeks when statement cuts.  If I discount the Amex Blue card that I purposely cut down to move a limit over, Target is still my smallest card.

Message 1426 of 2,866
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

• Use it regularly.

Mine started at $1200, got a CLD to $800 when it changed to a Visa around 12 years ago and it sat there until June 2016, when I started following those steps and got a CLI to $1300 14 years after opening the card, then to $2300 in December and again to $3300 in June 2017.  Looks like I am on the 6-month wagon, so hoping to see $4300 or better in a few weeks when statement cuts.  If I discount the Amex Blue card that I purposely cut down to move a limit over, Target is still my smallest card.

Ok, will do! Thank you! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1427 of 2,866
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

• Use it regularly.

That implies using it every month tho.   At what point are you spending dollars to persuade them to increase your credit limit?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1428 of 2,866
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

• Use it regularly.

That implies using it every month tho.   At what point are you spending dollars to persuade them to increase your credit limit?

I would hope that most people that have the card are using it to save 5% off of the purchases they're making anyway, not going out of the way to use it just for the sake of using it.  Maybe revise that to "if you use it, don't PIF prior to the statement cut."  For some reason, they seem to weigh usage that is paid during the cycle less than usage that is paid after the cycle has ended.

Message 1429 of 2,866
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

• Use it regularly.

I would hope that most people that have the card are using it to save 5% off of the purchases they're making anyway, not going out of the way to use it just for the sake of using it.  Maybe revise that to "if you use it, don't PIF prior to the statement cut."  For some reason, they seem to weigh usage that is paid during the cycle less than usage that is paid after the cycle has ended.

Thank you.  That was a bit of clarification that helps me.

DW has Redcard, and it mostly sits empty.  There is ONE cleaning product that she can only get at Target...so every 90 days or so, she wanders in there, buys $10 worth of it (...and $30 worth of other crap we don't need) and I PIF after the statement cuts.

...I can't afford to send her in there every month.   Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1430 of 2,866
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.