Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - August 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - August 2016

I've been chronically applying for credit and chronically getting declined. At least now I have an easy to remember date. I had a good enough score to get the cards. But now that I've got the cards. My score is at rock bottom.
Message 51 of 612
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Trying to stay strong in the garden, but still pondering Chase cards as I am just under 5/24.

Oh, and lost points on TU FICO 8. What the heck?! I cannot see any pattern to this at all, as the other CRAs are still where they were. Meh, no biggie, but it is odd...

So, August gardening commences!

Message 52 of 612
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Oooooohhh...just realized if I can hold out for eight more days I get to trade up to a ruby spade, if I'm readings things right. Incentive!

Message 53 of 612
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! TU just bumped me up 25 points as of yesterday! Hey, this gardening thing is paying off, lol. The only way to go from here is up! 😀
Message 54 of 612
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Hello all Smiley Happy checking in for August, woohoo! And in a few days I'll have my gold spade.

Likely in here until at least February, but the longer, the better! Got a 0% promotion on my BuyPower still going on, as well as a 0% no fee BT on my Sapphire. Just finished paying the last two cards (Discover and JCP) before statement cut so that they report 0, so it'll only be two cards with somewhat high balances on them. My laptop is making weird noises, and it's about 3 years old anyways...methinks I owe myself a nice graduation present of a brand new laptop. Finishing up my online Master's program this week, so then it's just waiting for final grades to be submitted and getting that purty degree in the mail. The pay raise will also be a plus too...as long as I can catch my boss to discuss my new contract before he leaves for vaca in two weeks Smiley Frustrated

Hope everyone is having a great time in the garden Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 612
driftless
Valued Contributor

@disdreamin wrote:

Trying to stay strong in the garden, but still pondering Chase cards as I am just under 5/24.

Oh, and lost points on TU FICO 8. What the heck?! I cannot see any pattern to this at all, as the other CRAs are still where they were. Meh, no biggie, but it is odd...

So, August gardening commences!

Yeah, it is tough to see scores go down or just bounce around at the same level. If you are considering Chase cards make sure your scores are high enough and your reports clean enough to get good SL's; if not, you could get stuck with low limits for a while.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 56 of 612
Anonymous
Not applicable

included.gif

Message 57 of 612
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

included.gif

I see. Smiley Very Happy

Signature needs updating
Message 58 of 612
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OMG! TU just bumped me up 25 points as of yesterday! Hey, this gardening thing is paying off, lol. The only way to go from here is up! 😀
Nice! Congratulations!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 59 of 612
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for another month and officially claiming my silver spade. Probably sticking around for a few more months before adding a travel perks card and maybe the Cash+.

Message 60 of 612
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.