Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - December 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - December 2016

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh praise be the garden!  I'm switching phone companies and was dreading giving up my spade.  I read the rules and I'm OK to take the HP for switching to Tmobile.  Isn't is funny that I was worried about such a thing?  Thanks to everyone in this forum for being a good influence that I care about my credit so much.

I'm trying to stay in the garden until at least 4/15/17 which would make one year.  Late August 2017 has all inquiries except one on each report falling off... That's a long way off I suppose, best to take it one day at a time.

You can do it jtfan80! We can take it one month at a time together. I'm thinking of hanging around here for a year too. I'm still undecided. One of my goals is to increase CLs on a few of my cards - a couple of them require HPs. Lately, I've been thinking I should wait until 2018. At some point, I'll decide. Until then, I'm gardening.

Message 21 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long run in the garden is continuing. Scores are very slowly inching back up as the effects of paying off debt and mortgage continue to drag. Knew all this going into a new phase of financial life. Now it is a slow journey to higher scores again. While I still show 800 in the signature some CB Reports go as high as 816 so there is life after lower scores. Knowing I was in the 500's back in 2001 it is a long stretch to the top.
Message 22 of 313
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Wow! December already. This month will mark 6 mos for me. Just trying to get our mortgage closed. Had a hiccup with the appraisal that has pushed things back. Creditwise nothing exciting except someone fraudulently opened PenFed accounts in me and my wife's name. Trying to get that handled. Not what you need in the middle of the mortgage process.  So Ho! Ho! Ho! Everyone have a great month.  

Message 23 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Holidays everyone!

After receiving all 3 of my credit cards this year, I have decided to enter the garden and let things grow until 10/17 when I might apply for a 4th card.

Message 24 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for December. Tommorrow will mark my 4th month in the garden. Scores have increased a little EX (+12), EQ (+2) and TU (+8)

Stay strong gardeners!

Message 25 of 313
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good morning boys and girls, happy December!

DW and I are both a little over sixty days in the garden with no real plans to leave.  The more I think about it, the more I think that we'll just take 2017 off from the credit game.

Hope that you're all of to a good start!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 26 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for December. Wishing the best of the season for all of you. All is well here. Just keeping my utilization low and making some decisions on closing a couple of cards next year. 

Good luck to all of you on your financial planning.

Message 27 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting month 4 in the garden. Happy holidays!
Message 28 of 313
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Good Morning everyone!

Just checking in for the month. Nothing too special going on at my end. Happy Gardening!

Message 29 of 313
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!  

IMG_1865.JPG 

Message 30 of 313
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.