Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - December 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - December 2016

Good luck to everyone! Smiley Happy and Happy Holidays!

Message 51 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for December, and it looks like I'm late to the party! Smiley Happy

I stepped out at the end of November to get a goal card, and the good news is my scores stayed the same when the HP and new account were added to my CRs. Just got a notification today that my EQ went down 1 point, with the alerting event being that my VS reported $32 where it was 0 last month. It seems I'm staying on this plateau, but that's okay. As someone said on here, it's a marathon, not a race! 

I hope everyone has a great December, and you all get all your Christmas shopping done with lots of cashback, points, miles, whatever your poison, but without being caught by the app monster! Smiley Very Happy

PS Almost forgot to mention two rebuilding milestones that will happen this month: I will find out what my Credit Steps increase on my QS will be next week, and I will be closing my Credit One card. Both very good events! I will also be asking for another Discover CLI on the 15th (32 days after my first one) so we'll see how that goes. It's all happening!

Message 52 of 313
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I would leave the garden early IF I got a pre-approval for the new Chase Business card. Smiley Happy

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 53 of 313
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Well, I feel like I'm way late to check in, but well, work got in the way this week.

Not much to report. Good thing I decided to freeze my reports in September as I just received noticed of another data breach, this time involving an academic instituion. At the rate things are going, I'll have free credit monitoring coming from different sources annually (Target a couple years ago, BC/BS the next year, previous employer this year). 

Otherwise...just hanging out here in the garden.  The 9th marks 9 years 9 months from the date I filed for BK, so I can ask Experian for EE. That will be a nice gift if that can happen. Otherwise, have a few inquiries scheduled to fall off this month. It's a good month if my credit is boring, I suppose. 

Garden strong, folks. Smiley Happy 

Message 54 of 313
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hello gardeners!

I've been away for a while but in a few days it will be three months since my last HP, so I guess it's time to stop by and rest a bit.  My scores have finally started to rebound from the 'activity' of the summer, and that's encouraging me to keep the upward momentum going for as long as I can.  Smiley Very Happy

No real plans here, I just want to nurture what I have and make sure I'm in good shape should anything interesting come along in the new year (doesn't that sound strange... 2016 is nearly gone!) Smiley Surprised

Message 55 of 313
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Checking in for December.  Have been in the garden nearly three months; will earn my Silver Spade on the 12th of this month. 

All Christmas gifts have been purchased and are wrapped, so no further goals but to enjoy the month and be a glutton for our Christmas Day feast. 

The years pass by too quickly.  Everyone please have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 56 of 313
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Hello Gardeners & Happy Holidays--

I hit the 6 mos mark back in early Nov., just haven't bothered to update signature/spade.

I got a pleasant surprise earlier today, when I logged in to check what impact a new balance would have on my scores. To my complete delight, I discoveered that the BK7 must have dropped off EQ and EX. Wasn't expecting anything until after the first of the year.  EX - 785 and EQ - 811. Yippee!!Smiley Happy  TU is still sits at 740 - will patiently wait for it to update.

Still growing biz. All else is rather quiet.

Hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving and is looking forward to a happy 2017.

Message 57 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for December. I can't believe it is already here. Congrats to those who have finished their shopping. I have bought exactly one present. I'm hoping to get some knocked out this weekend though.

Nothing really new for credit goals this month. Gonna try again for a CLI with Discover at the end of the month. Cap1 and Amex aren't due until next month. I'm still meeting my goal of trying to save. In addition to the regular auto transfers to a savings account I enrolled in our employee stock purchase plan at work. We buy in at 90% so I start out 10% ahead. Gotta love free money! Staying in the garden right now is a piece of cake since the only cards I want to add are out of reach at the moment. 

Message 58 of 313
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Happy Friday everyone!

Im stuck at work so I think I will spend the evening surfing the forum. Not a whole lot going on anyways. 

Message 59 of 313
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ugh..apparently Im starting over in the garden with my two latest approvals...

BUT...we shall start the gardening process again, and this time I HAVE to stay focused....

Merry Christmas to everyone!!! Smiley Happy
Message 60 of 313
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.