Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - December 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - December 2016

Just checking in for the month. CCT shows my scores have remained the same since last month. Gardening has paid off. In March and April 2015, the spree I went on and went crazy with will be 2 years since I applied for them. That is hard to believe. I will then be down to just a few INQs the past 2 years, and that should possibly bring the score up a bit more. My UTIL remains at 3%, although with Christmas in full swing that will possibly bump up a little bit. Hope everyone has a happy holiday and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.

Message 71 of 313
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!  

IMG_1865.JPG 

That looks like my neck of the woods here in Phoenix

Me landing in Phoenix Arizona.  

Will be doing that myself in a few months.  Enough miles for a tour of SOME family members I wish to visit.  Smiley Wink. Credit is good, savings is better, my new mantra.  I can pay my 0% off quickly, will stagger for best results.  Then the sky is the limit for savings and investments (me love Roth IRAs).  Goal in few years (note 0 in 2013), 72 k compiling dividends and interest.  As to traveling, this 57 yo needs to visit ailing mom, and sis + future bro in law in Phoenix.  Mom is in San Bermadino, but want some time in LA.

will need an excellent kitty sitter during this time.  It is definitely cold in Seattle.

Signature needs updating
Message 72 of 313
Bigshrimp
Valued Member

Coming up on 15 months in garden...around the 10th...So good things happened over last 2 weeks...3 baddies fell off of TU..TU increased 19 points to 687.That leaves only 1 PIF  baddie left on each of the three reports which is over 5 years old now...

Had an auto increase on my Freedom Card of a $1000 ...went from $4500 to $5500...

Also just notice that my fiirst credit card (WF card) rate just went under the 20% mark...Looks like my next milestone month will be in march when most of the HPs I have left fall off and cards #2 and #3 crossed the 2 year mark...

But I may be leaving gaden to add an installment account...But this is still tbd as I have a few questions left on that before I do anything...

Starting Scores 9/21/15 EQ-644 TU-651 EX-642
Current Scores 11/20/16 EQ-691 TU-668 EX-665
Message 73 of 313
tcbofade
Super Contributor

In entirely unrelated news, my kid got her acceptance letter to the University today...

...along with a $56,000 scholarship.  Smiley Surprised

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 74 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to your daughter, tcbo, that is tremendous! Congrats to you too! What a great Christmas present for your family! 

Message 75 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking in. Everything has been quiet while I watch my scores start to rebound from my app spree. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Here's to a great year ahead!

Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015

11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
12/01 Fico 8: EQ-660, TU 707, EX:675
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600>$1800, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K>$7300, Lowe's $6K>$17K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K>$5K, CreditOne Visa $600 Auto & RV Loans $87K|Total CL: $169K
Garden until September 2018

Message 76 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning, 

First time in the Garden and I plan on getting dirty for the next year (till at least Black Friday 2017)

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but here goes nothing:

I just finished applying for 3 cards (Walmart/Amazon/OldNavy) approved and I want to reap the benefits and nurture these new cards and watch them grow. 

Am I able to join even though these accounts aren't showing up yet on my Credit Reports? 

Do I need to enter the date I joined the Garden, or just checking in will give me the ability to continue to get the rewards for following the rules?

This group is awesome and I can't wait to hear everyone's success stories! 

Message 77 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

GAH! It's so hard to be in the garden. I want to push CLI and Apply buttons...

Message 78 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning, 

First time in the Garden and I plan on getting dirty for the next year (till at least Black Friday 2017)

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but here goes nothing:

I just finished applying for 3 cards (Walmart/Amazon/OldNavy) approved and I want to reap the benefits and nurture these new cards and watch them grow. 

Am I able to join even though these accounts aren't showing up yet on my Credit Reports? 

Do I need to enter the date I joined the Garden, or just checking in will give me the ability to continue to get the rewards for following the rules?

This group is awesome and I can't wait to hear everyone's success stories! 

Welcome to the garden! Your gardening date starts right after your last line of credit was opened or HP occurred. You don't have to check in to earn your spades, just need to be app/new trade line free. But checking in is always good!☺

Message 79 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

GAH! It's so hard to be in the garden. I want to push CLI and Apply buttons...

Stay strong, it gets easier!

As for CLIs, they are allowed as long as they are SP- which Cap1 is. I;m not sure about the other 2. I think overstock may be but I have no idea about NFCU,

Stay out of the approvals threads. No good can come of reading there.

Message 80 of 313
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.