Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - December 2016

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - December 2016

Four days in the garden and I'm breaking out in cold sweats. I anticipate I'll stop dreaming of mail in offers soon....

Happy Gardening everyone! 

Message 81 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

GAH! It's so hard to be in the garden. I want to push CLI and Apply buttons...

Stay strong, it gets easier!

As for CLIs, they are allowed as long as they are SP- which Cap1 is. I;m not sure about the other 2. I think overstock may be but I have no idea about NFCU,

Stay out of the approvals threads. No good can come of reading there.

HA! I guess if you hang out in the barbershop long enough, you'll end up with a haircut... Smiley Happy

Message 82 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally wanted to start gardening in November, but I had to get a secured version of the Discover It card. I'm in a position to use the card responsibly and get it unsecured in a reasonable amount of time. Good luck everyone and stay strong!

Message 83 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been in the garden since April 2016.

Bought an iPhone for my wife in April, took the HP for the Apple upgrade program--before that my last app spree was November--those inquries all just rolled over the 1 year mark leaving me with only that iPhone inquiry. In April it'll roll past 1 year as well and my file will be clean, clean, clean. Also around that month my AAoA will hit 2 years. 

Can't wait!

Message 84 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone, 

Checking in for my second month. It hasn't been hard for me at all. I am on the No Pre-approval list. So, I'm not getting any offers from anyone. Hopefully, my scores will climb some more, as my new accounts age. 

My plans are to stay in the garden until my six months are up on my Cap 1 QS. Then I might apply for another Quicksilver or Venture, as they are WEMC (want those particular benefits). And then six months later, I will combine my the two cards. 

Message 85 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Holidays GC Brethren and Sistren, many blessings to share this month. I close on my first home December 16th, which was my highest goal and my loftiest accomplishment! I credit the FICO community with the wisdom that that helped me get to where I am. Thanks! My FICOs are continuing to blossom, a new EXP high of 709. Men's Wearhouse doubled my limit to 3K; got the 500 Discover bump. Capital One Venture, which is sitting at 7K, said no, too little usage. On the 22nd I hit 6 months with Amex, may try for three on my Blue, which would put that at 25K. My usage is very low in preperation for the final pull for my mortgage. Probably buying furniture on credit. Many blessings to all, and a happy holiday season. 

Message 86 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Four days in the garden and I'm breaking out in cold sweats. I anticipate I'll stop dreaming of mail in offers soon....

Happy Gardening everyone! 

Lol! Just take it one day at a time friend; the days will soon become weeks, and then months, and before you know it, you'll be clean and sober from apps and the cold sweats will be gone and the nightmares will turn into dreams of soft pulls with zero interest for 24 months.

Message 87 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Been in the garden since April 2016.

Bought an iPhone for my wife in April, took the HP for the Apple upgrade program--before that my last app spree was November--those inquries all just rolled over the 1 year mark leaving me with only that iPhone inquiry. In April it'll roll past 1 year as well and my file will be clean, clean, clean. Also around that month my AAoA will hit 2 years. 

Can't wait!

Well, sorta clean. Those inquiries will stay on your report for 2 years.

Message 88 of 313
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

In entirely unrelated news, my kid got her acceptance letter to the University today...

...along with a $56,000 scholarshipSmiley Surprised

WOOOHOOOO

It sure does pay well to work hard and have parents to encourage along the way Smiley Happy 

Message 89 of 313
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was able to have a day to myself yesterday so I watched football and hockey alllllll day. It was fantastic. 

Message 90 of 313
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.