Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - December 2016

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Thread - December 2016

Data...

I left the country in 06' and returned in 13'. Started rebuild in 14' so I have a large void in my profile. My last old account dropped off EQ and it cost me 9 points (averaged with utilization drop).

fgygfgygfgyhgffgyhgfg.jpg

ghjkjhhjijhhjikjhgvhj.jpg

Message 91 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Almost forgot to check in for the month, ahh! Inching my way to a gold spade at the end of this month...

Nothing exciting to report. I didn't spend as much as I have before on the Black Friday - Cyber Monday shopping weekend yay, hehe Smiley Happy

I did try to get a CLI from Cap 1, but they denied me because I haven't spent enough on my card. They said "maybe if you charged like $1000 or more". Well, I spend less than half of that in a month, soooo I guess I'm stuck. It's a bummer because I just wanted to get $5000 limit on it. Oh well, it's their loss! 

Ooh, I did just got the SP language for a Citi CLI when I checked today! I've been putting most of my spending there since I'm not really buying anything in 5% categories. BUT I'm resisting and I'm not going to request it until Jan 1 (to have a reliable 3/6 month timeline that I can easily track). 

Happy holidays!!

Message 92 of 313
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

In entirely unrelated news, my kid got her acceptance letter to the University today...

...along with a $56,000 scholarship.  Smiley Surprised

Belated congrats, someone turned out well.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 93 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

Month 4 in the garden. Experian 757, transunion 733 and Equifax is 704. Keep up the good work everybody!
Message 94 of 313
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Month 4 in the garden. Experian 757, transunion 733 and Equifax is 704. Keep up the good work everybody!

Same to you and nice effort.

Also today marks an exact 4 months gardening on this end too.

I won't jinx it by inserting a spade until reaching the 6 month GOLD. Smiley Very Happy

Because I never been that far yet. LoL

Message 95 of 313
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Checking in for December.

Turned 3 months last month, and it appears my scores have dipped a little the last couple of months - probably due to the reporting of my CSR that I got back in August and due to a couple of my cards cutting balances earlier than normal (likely due to holidays/weekends).  I was able to move all due dates to pretty much the same time on all my cards to where they all cut the same day (minus the Barclaycard Arrival, but I only use that once every 2 months or so anyway) so that I can make sure they all report 0 balances (minus my Citi DC which I allow to post a balance of 10% or less).

I'm still planning on staying here long term - no credit cards are out there that I want and I still have plenty of UR points and Marriott points (370k and 170k respectively).  I'd love to take my wife on a nice trip internationally (we've never done that before) but we just had a new baby so I don't think that will be happening a while.  My end goal is to finally buy a house but I want to finish paying off both our cars first which means it will be at least a year if not 2 years before we do that.

Message 96 of 313
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy Holidays to all to all a happy FicoSmiley Happy. Even though i used up a hp for my last increase with Boa at end of Dec, i would like to think im officially gardening starting in DecemberSmiley Happy. Gonna be an interesting year to say the least to see how sp clis come about. Looking forward to growing up my little tyke "Discovero" and msybe seeing if Citi shows any love for my toddler "DC" at the 1 year msrk in march. Still anxiously waiting to see if my bk falls of TU this month , if not i can wait til April May, made it en years, can wait a couple more.

I wish the very best to all MyFico families and theie love ones. Stay safe and may your health and credit health continue to improve. AVJ Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Message 97 of 313
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Hi All! Checking in for December!  I will likely be leaving the garden later this month to snag the Citi DP that has been hounding me for months...I need the 0% for 21 mo to do a BT on a balance that didn't get paid off in time Smiley Sad 2016 became rougher as the year went on, so sadly my pay off plans didn't get fully implemented.  I have been in the garden long enough to see my scores remain level despite a bit of a util % increase, and see 3 inquiries drop off my CR.  I'm about to fire off a letter to RBFCU to see if they will remove the duplicate INQ they hit me with when I opened my accts with them last Jan, if so, that will help even more if I have to add another new one.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 98 of 313
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

In entirely unrelated news, my kid got her acceptance letter to the University today...

...along with a $56,000 scholarship.  Smiley Surprised

Belated congrats, someone turned out well.  Smiley Tongue

Third time's the charm.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 99 of 313
Anonymous
Not applicable

My newest acquisition finally showed up. NFCU cashRewards card. Used it 1 time to get the ball rolling, then sock drawered it. Meh... 

I was much more excited about the approval part of the process. I have 2 very targeted cards on the shopping list for summer of '17, AFTER the mortgage. Gonna do my best to garden until then.

Message 100 of 313
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.