Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - February 2017

tag
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Thread - February 2017

Happy February Fellow GC Members!

It's my BIRTHDAY month, so I'm uber excited!!! I've been here for a while now and my FICO scores are definitley the fruits of my labor.  My average is 693. I'm almost to the 700 Club, which is one of my goals for 2017. I'm here until 2019 (car purchase).  I encourage everyone here to stay FOCUSED on your financial & credit score goals.  This is not a place to compete.  Do what works best for YOUR financial situation.  Be smart about obtaining new credit and please do your research before jumping on the bandwagon.  As I was told when I first got here, your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon. Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 31 of 383
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@MissMoni223 wrote:

It's my BIRTHDAY month, so I'm uber excited!!! I've been here for a while now and my FICO scores are definitley the fruits of my labor.  My average is 693. I'm almost to the 700 Club, which is one of my goals for 2017. I'm here until 2019 (car purchase).  I encourage everyone here to stay FOCUSED on your financial & credit score goals.  This is not a place to compete.  Do what works best for YOUR financial situation.  Be smart about obtaining new credit and please do your research before jumping on the bandwagon.  As I was told when I first got here, your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon. Smiley Wink

Happy birthday month!!!!

And, you are so close to 700! From personal experience, it'll be a wonderful feeling when you cross that threshold. You're doing a great job. 

Message 32 of 383
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

joining up.

my reports will only change in february when a couple of auto loans from summer 2016 show up. other than that, not doing anything untill at least June.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 33 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I logged into Experian and, lo and behold, my EX went up 26 points...to 679! What a nice February surprise! 😀
Message 34 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iheartwings wrote:

Boring is good...

Except that my EQ just updated---my EQ08 jumped 58 points. That's because EQ dropped my BK off today. 

But, hey - I am the boring one...I didn't do anything (and this is totally why I don't want to get any new credit for the next couple years!!!!!).

Updated after reviewing my CR with the new update.

Congratulations, iheartwings! I would say in this case exciting is good! 😀

Message 35 of 383
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone. Just checking in. I pulled all 3 reports today on CCT and updated my autosig. I was bad in august and app’d because the percentage rate was low (for me) and I got the card but with a low limit so it didn’t do me any good.

Anyway, I started my garden date over on 8-14-16 with that app and as of 2-14 I get my gold spade which I already had in my siggy from my last login so I just left it in my signature. I won’t be aping anytime soon since I have lost my desire to do so. Plus over the next 3 months I have a lot of inq’s dropping off and my 1 CO should drop off as well so I am being good so my score goes up as much as possible. I find myself in a fight to get my card balances down so that is what is getting my attention right now. Just putting up the good fight.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 36 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Happy Birthday, MissMoni!!!

Message 37 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for February. I almost went a year without an inquiry, however I have PSECU as my credit union and all my accounts. They introduced a Founders Rewards card which is 1.5% for purchases and no AF. I pondered this one for a while before I finally pulled the trigger. Not happy with the $5K limit but I plan to PIF it every month anyway. This will become my primary card now and just move the money over from my checking to keep it at a $0 balance. They did the INQ on my EX which remains unchanged at 800. TU jumped from 815 to 818 over the past month and EQ remains at 815. I have a ton of INQs that will completely drop off by the end of April from when I did my big app spree 2 years ago. I'm very curious how that's going to affect my scores. In about 3 weeks my credit usage will go from 3% down to 0% when my bonus comes in. So, I'm thinking these scores will go up from that too. 

I'm back in the garden for the long haul. I'm curious if anyone else on MF uses PSECU and if you got the Founders Card.

Message 38 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

16 days since my last application. 714 more to go

Message 39 of 383
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

16 days since my last application. 714 more to go

Very nice, in for the long haul, like I am. I plan to garden to September 2018.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 40 of 383
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.