Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - February 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - February 2017

@iheartwings wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can't wait to see you go over 800! That is good stuff! I've been thinking mortgage lately too. November will be my 2 year BK anniversary, so it's getting closer to being a possibility. Smiley Happy

Awww...thanks. I danced with my TU score at 808 until my auto loan reported as closed. Then, I lost 21 points. 😝

For a long time I've thought that a mortgage was a good idea, but I am really thinking that I might pay off my student loan debt first. The idea of being over $500-800k in debt is kind of daunting if I were to buy a home with my student loan debt still hanging over my head. If I continue to do what I am doing now, I can pay it off in 3 years by taking a chunk of my savings. So...we'll see. There is no rush for me right now. 

That's good that you can take your time. I definitely wouldn't want to go into a mortgage and end up with that much debt! Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EdMan63 wrote:

Happy Feb everyone. I'm happy and a bit upset this morning. Happy my EX went up 17 pts this morning but mad that ADT did a double pull on my EQ yesterday for a security system for our home. I have a fraud alert so the first time didn't go through while I'm on the phone with the guy. He say let me talk with my Mgr and have you verify your info. Comes back and says congrats. Got an alert from EQ this morn and 2 pulls. Not off to a good start with them.  Any suggestions?

Hi Edman. I'm sorry that happened to you. ADT is horrible. My husband called them in November and asked a sales rep for pricing info. He did not give them his SSN or even the last four, did not give them permission to pull credit, and did not in any way indicate he was going to make a purchase. You guessed it, they did a HP on EQ. He called to have them remove it because they have no "permissable purpose," they said they would, and it's still there. He is going to have to do a dispute through EQ. I will never, ever consider using their services, ever. If you look up reviews on them, you'll see many stories of this sort of thing. Check out SimpliSafe, that is who we will be going with. 

Let me know what you think about Simplisafe. They were running a promo for a bundle deal last month. Did you happen to see it?

Will do, BBP! We haven't made the purchase yet. I saw that package deal, and that was the one I almost pulled the trigger on. I also compared building a package from scratch with a promo code for 10% off, and that actually looks like it will give me exactly what we need, but without components that I don't necessarily need. Smiley Happy

Message 82 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous and Edman -  last month I was switching from ADT to Frontpoint.  They asked fo check my credit and I asked HP or SP?  I will need to think about it if its an HP.  Re said it was a SP.  Next day, I got a HP.  I let it go for a couple of days but the more I thought about it, the more it bothered me.  I filed a dispute with Ex and emailed Frontpoint.  Got a call right away and they said they would review - apparently calls are recorded.  To wrap this up, they agreed to have it removed. (Assuming they can actually do that) - I have a note on my calendar to check in a month).

Cant hurt to file a complaint.  Hope this helps.

Ugh, that's horrible! I hope they remove it. They definitely can. It's good that there is a recording. One time at Kohls, the girl at the checkout told me I was pre-approved for a Kohls card with only a SP. I didn't believe her, and also didn't want to take out a new credit card. If that ever happens again, though, I am pretty sure whoever is telling me that is going to get a lecture on SP vs HP and how HP will affect a person's credit when they are trying to rebuild, etc. That should be fun! Smiley Very Happy

Message 83 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull cli results. Capital one + 2000. Amex 3x done. Synchrony (care credit soft pull) +9800. Discover coming up in 2 weeks. Chase will have to wait.
Message 84 of 383
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Checking in for February. Be back tomorrow to pick up my bronze spade.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 85 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a boo boo. Bye bye golden spade. Smiley Sad

Waiting to see if I harvested fruit I've been Chase-ing or, well, nothing.

*picks gloves back up*

Message 86 of 383
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

*picks gloves back up*

PATIENCE Grasshopper.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 87 of 383
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey everyone, hope everyone is good. Kind of in a funk/ rut/ sad/ mad lol, not sure just hit a wall credit wise . Restarting my garden clock today. 2 days ago tried to see if 3 times the charm with my Boa BBR for a cli but just like a fly meets the end of a swatter, so goeth my dreams for that 10k card and total waste of a hp. I know it happens and many factors go into it but i felt i was heading strong with Boa.

Boy, do I know THAT feeling.

While my last HP wasn't a waste, it was unexpected and ill timed.  I had done all of my applying in March of 16, DW did all of hers in May.  As of 01 June, we were app free...until her car laid down on us.  We decided NOT to put a 5k repair into a 4k car and upgraded to newer nicer one.  So we BOTH have an inquiry in September of 2016 which reset our garden clocks.

Now it's February of 2017 and I SHOULD be nearly a year app free, but I'm not.  #sadface.

As you mentioned, this too shall pass, but I understand your frustration.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 88 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*picks gloves back up*

PATIENCE Grasshopper.  Smiley Tongue

lol I'm tryin! That won't be a problem if my boat comes in in the next "7 - 10 days". But I do intend to get another golden spade real soon!

Message 89 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent seen the Simplisafe prom but they do have good reviews.   I chose Frontpoint because everyone said the customer service was good.  I have to agree as I got a real person to call me about the issue and he followed up a couple of days later - just like he said he would - weird, huh?  Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 383
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.