Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - January 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - January 2017

Happy New Year's, all!  I anticipate great things for 2017.

Message 51 of 364
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Hi all!

I feel like 2017 is going to be an exceptional year!

Message 52 of 364
Sexyblue
Contributor

Hello All –

I have been in the garden since 2014 and I am not leaving this month.  I am staying focused on my debt reduction and score increasing strategy. I have learned a lot from the board this year. The most important is being patient, and not being trigger happy applying for any and every card that comes along.

In addition, strategy and execution are essential, for having an optimal credit file and fico score. To this end, playing the long game in credit, will work to your advantage and pay dividends in the future.  I am sure what I have learned will serve me well going forward.  

Remember to keep those files Frozen- unless its truly necessary!!!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, and look forward to seeing you in 2017.

Thank you,

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 53 of 364
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Happy New Year to all!  Back to the garden after finishing up some business credit activity in December.  Don't know how long I will stay, but it will take a lot to get me to leave.  Made the turn from merely paying minimum amounts on accounts/loans to making credit work for me and plan to stay here.  Good luck to everyone for all that you do in 2017!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 54 of 364
HighScoreSeeker
Established Member

Checking in... Happy New Year Everyone!

Goal: 5/1/21 Acheived! 800+ Across the Board | Current Scores 5/17/21 - EQ: 803 TU: 822 EX: 807
Message 55 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have an update. DH and I sat down and talked, and we are going to put a little bit of money into his vehicle. It runs great, and there's just no necessity to get something new right now. (Plus, I might end up trading him for daily drivers. He likes my Honda, and I love driving his ginormous, gas-chugging SUV!) Plus, I just want to garden, and let things grow. I know we'll be in a much better place a year from now. I'm actually starting to think mortgage! I've gone from thinking, "It will never happen," to thinking, "Wow, we could buy a place in 2018!" I just want to thank everyone on here, because I don't think I would have had the knowledge or the wherewithall to do this without you guys! Smiley Very Happy

Message 56 of 364
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats the spirit Bella!. In no time youll have your homeSmiley Happy Good decision on the car lol. I want to maximize the use of my 12 year old car until my credit is good enough to get that super low financing haha. Hopefully i can stretch it 2 more years but one never knows. Clear the roadways, Bells 's on her way in her big Suv taking over the world lolSmiley Wink
Message 57 of 364
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Happy New Year!!  While 2016 was great to me, it is now time to garden and grow my new cards and pay down my balances.  In 2016, I bought a house at 3.365% interest rate, three (3) AMEX cards, American Airlines MasterCard, Barclays and Sam's Mastercard.  There is nothing more that I need or want, so garden, garden, garden!!! I plan on closing some of my subprime cards that I got when I was rebuilding.  Grow credit lines and reduce debt....here's to 2017!!

Message 58 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats the spirit Bella!. In no time youll have your homeSmiley Happy Good decision on the car lol. I want to maximize the use of my 12 year old car until my credit is good enough to get that super low financing haha. Hopefully i can stretch it 2 more years but one never knows. Clear the roadways, Bells 's on her way in her big Suv taking over the world lolSmiley Wink

Thanks, AJC! I am of the same mind regarding maximizing car use. Mine is about ten years old, and I'm pretty sure it can easily go another ten. And even though I have the itch to get something new and nice, I just love not having a car payment. You just can't beat that! Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 364
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy New Year, everybody! Still gardening strong in the hopes of someday soon getting a mortgage. It'll depend on whether I need to move again in a year or two. I'm applying for clerkships with various federal judges. Some are in my hometown and some are in Texarkana. I'm also mourning the loss of Sallie Mae and contemplating what I need to do. I'll probably apply for one new card and close another 2-3 that no longer have a purpose (Chase Amazon, I'm looking at you). 

In the good news, I applied for a SP CLI on my DC, and it jumped from $8700 to $15700! That'll take a good chunk of the sting out of closing the other cards.

Petrovius, how old was your DC when you applied for the SP CLI, please.  I have a DC that needs a CLI, but don't want to ruin my chances by doing it at the wrong time.

Just over two years old. Other relevant factors are that my income doubled over the two years and that I was consistently running 30-60% utilization, with outliers up to 90% during my move. So there might have been a bunch of reasons for the increase.

Thanks for the info.  That helps.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 60 of 364
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.