Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - March 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - March 2017

Hello everyone! Still holding on here. Lost interest in apping. I noticed that when several new cards became the "flavor of the month" and I wasn't interested.  Feels weird not to care. In a good way. lol

Stay strong! It's March! 

Message 31 of 532
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Happy March Fellow GC Members!!!

Well this month will make 11 whole months here in the Garden and I am quite content!  Everything is everything.  I'm just enjoying the occasional soft pull CLI's and watching my credit scores RISE. My FICO average from the 3 bureaus is 695, which means that the 700 Club is clearly in my view!  Remember that your credit journey is not a sprint but a marathon, so conduct yourselves accordingly. Choose wisely. Smiley Wink 

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 32 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, BBP, you must have known a CLI was on it's way....guess what? Yep! I just got a 2K auto-CLI from Discover right after statement #3 (and payment made for statement #3)! Whoo hoo!

I averaged about $900 charges each month for the first two months, but this last month I charged a bit over 2K. PIF each month.

Message 33 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hanging on. I want to buy a new car later this year in maybe Aug, but I am going to see if I can hold out until the end of the year. We will see.

Message 34 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, fellow gardeners! Well, I reset back to a seedling on Feb 15, but I got back in with a CC that was IIB so I don't mind. Scores have really stayed steady: EQ 688, TU 652, EX 679. Our fixing up the old SUV project vs buying a new/newer vehicle saw completely new exhaust from the manifolds back, plus a new left manifold. Not much else to report except later this monthI am travelling to Monterey for a work-related event. I haven't been there since I was little, so I am looking forward to it! Garden hard, my friends!

Smiley Happy P.S. Almost forgot, I got my third Disco CLI for $1000 in Feb, and one inquiry fell off EX, but of course I added one to EX too.

Message 35 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, AJC, congratulations on your Fico 8 730 score! I know it gotta feel good! So far for me, Discover score has been spot on.  Nothing like breaking our own records! Smiley Happy The new Amex may drop your score a little, but it will rebound fairly quickly and then some. I think it's smooth sailing for you...?! Smiley Wink

tcbofade, me so jelly of your March paycheck month - but happy for you and your family ofcourse. Smiley Wink

SassMcSass, Welcome to the garden! Smiley Happy We could use more sass around here!

HoneyRock, if your CR is frozen, HP CLI's won't go through. SP CLI's will.

Nixon, welcome back to the Garden! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 532
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Checking in for March.  Made it just shy of 2 months, then opted to step out on the 27th for another huge BOA CLI and decided to immediately app for a Venture card (pending) to replace my Venture One that seems to be bucketed as a subprime card with no chance of change.  FICO 08s are back up around 730, so hopefully the ding of a few new INQs and a new account (hopefully) will not matter much even in the short term.  The INQs are dated yesterday, so I'll go with March 1 as being the official start date of being back in the garden.

My goal is to go a year while clearing out my sock drawer a bit more, then go HP CLI crazy in 2018.  Stay strong, everyone!

Message 37 of 532
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

First day of the new month and woke up to many changes today along with higher scores. 

Experian increase overnight from 685 to 697 (A new highest EXP for me) 

TU from 692 to 694

EQF from 663 to 670

My chargeoff from 2010 fell off the last remaining CRA (Equifax) as well.

Only late pays left on any of these reports and they are all mortgage related and 4 years or older. 

UTIL dropped from 32% to 30%

On the right track to be 700+ in all 3 by years end. Happy Gardening! 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 38 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm continuing in the garden this month.  My last HP was in January!  I don't intend to step out of the garden until my wife and I apply for a mortgage either this summer or next summer. At this point we're just paying off debt and lining up for home ownership by getting our ducks in a row.

Message 39 of 532
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Hello Myfico Community,

I have been happy in the garden, I had to briefly step out to join NFCU and PenFed and got with Discover(my white whale). I now see the importance of setting goals for items you want and ignore the flavors of the month I use to salivate over, which leads to apping. I obtained nice CLI's with Cap One and my Store cards(Wally and Amazon). My Util dropped from 43% to 23% as I paid down stuff as well. Also, I was able to negotiate a PFD for a new item and disputed the detetion of a judgemt off two CRA's.

Still drinking my Columbian coffee and picked up some new new(Starbucks Ethiopian Sun dried) with some reward money from Cap One(thanks QS). 

My goals are to let 8 INQs from a car purchase fall(from 2015), pay off my balances, learn more on FICO relate items, and learn more on AMEX Everday, BCE, and app one day . NOw is not the time and  dont want to app just to grab whatever is new anymore or what others are obtaining. I thank the many folks who have helped me with PM's and kept me from over using the SCT rabbit hole. 

Happy Gardening Y'all!!!!

Message 40 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.